• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

Rate this topic

Anyone who didn't think Gus was great tonight is nuts.

Anyone who doesn't think Gus didn't also get incredibly lucky a few times is also nuts.

Anyone who thinks he should replace Howard needs to forget about anything that happens when he's playing and just refer to his injury history. Like the guy or not, that is the number one reason why he'll continue to be a backup even if he's able to clean up his sloppiness and focus in his game.

Be happy he did so well for us tonight, because many goalies would've floundered in the same circumstance and he stood tall and truly played a great game. He battled hard and did everything you could ask of him. Again, two goals against off of crazy deflections and the second goal wouldn't have happened if Nyquist covered his man through the play. You couldn't ask for much better from a backup, especially on such short notice. Clearly, Tampa Bay, Detroit is not, at least in the backup goaltending department.

Edited by gcom007

Our PK against the Pens would be a disaster. We wouldn't be up 3-1, even with Fleury. You still have to hit the net to score, remember?

Fair points, it was a better matchup then Boston though. At least against Pittsburgh our kids wouldn't be playing scared, the physicality of the Bruins is a factor in how guys like Nyquist and Sheahan are playing.

I wish I could be blindly optimistic like some of the people here..

Did the Bruins lose 3 in a row during the regular season? And we expect to win two straight in Boston to start? Come on, now.

As soon as the Bruins tied the game 2-2, the fans got silent because they knew an implosion was coming.

I knew the game was lost when we went up 2-0.

Boston should get tons of credit, i just think howard singlehandedly got them going, and then they were like afreight train.

Game 3 howard letsva softie in and a bad line change goal...otherwise boston gets nothing when tree wins are playing horrid. But they are too good defensively

I think boston will get exposed in these playoffs by a team more confident and fast.

So the Wings arent fast and werent confident? Are you serious?? The Wings had tons of confidence coming into this series after taking 3 of 4 from Boston. You blame Howard for the goal but are giving the rest of the team that played worse than him a free pass in those games?

I have. CBJ play with serious energy and heart, but lack high end skill. And STILL they have a tie series with the Pens. Because they're exploiting Fleury. Rask is a monster in the net, he's the difference beyond all else. Even if we outplayed the Bruins in a game, we aren't getting more then 3 past him at any time.

I agree and ii think the wings were giving too much respect, looking for perfect shots, too much passing, missing the ney, etc.

They didn't start playing hard until howard Gave them a goal. U want to keep the giant asleep as long as u can. Dan cloutier in 02...same thing.

But yes wings never recovered...

Not really. The only time a play determines the outcome of a game is if its in OT. Anytime else theres time for the players to make an impact on the result.

That's the problem. Heat from whom? The owner? He doesn't even know what's going on right now. The fanbase isn't going to affect Kenny's decisions.

I expect the summer to go like the last few.

I hope this series burns Mike Babcock up inside and he hints that he won't be re-upping with the organization unless changes are made.

I feel like we have an opportunity to be really good. But Holland has to be aggressive, creative, proactive.

So the Wings arent fast and werent confident? Are you serious?? The Wings had tons of confidence coming into this series after taking 3 of 4 from Boston. You blame Howard for the goal but are giving the rest of the team that played worse than him a free pass in those games?

U could see rye series turn after that bad goal in game 2. Noni don't think the wings played condfident. how else do u explain game 3? They looked scared to me after game 2.

Tonight they looked alot better but i still think they got nervous when theyt got scored on. They slowed down a little and started turning the puck over alot.

What happened in tee reg season is irrelavent.

Just my opinion

That overtime was so pathetic, the wings looked so tired. There were multiple shifts the Bruins had that I felt were definitely going to lead to a goal. So despite the lucky bounce, we had that had one coming.

On another note, am I the only one who thought Franzen played alright tonight? I'm usually pissed off by his lack of effort, but I definitely was surprised by how much jump he had (compared to normal).

I also thought Quincey and Smith played pretty solid.

I was disappointed with Kindl (per usual) but also thought Dekeyser had a pretty poor game tonight too.

Edited by PaZel

Columbus finds ways to crash the net with gritty guys with skill and dare I say this Wings team is too small to get there :( I never agreed with the "We're too small" mentality but this series has shown it, I think.

I'd take Brandon Dubinsky 100 times out of 100 over Franzen. We need more guys like that.

I also thought Quincey and Smith played pretty solid.

Ill agree that Smith might have had his best game of the series. Quincey though was his typical below average self. He had two great chances where even as a Dman he should have converted one. Add to it that he let Marchand skate right by him on the open net miss instead of playing an ounce of defense.

Babs' obsession with Glendening has gone too far. He lost practically every faceoff tonight and yet was always out there for draws in the defensive zone. Why wouldn't you try Legwand, since there are two centers on that line anyways? Glendening lost the draw cleanly on the Bruins power play goal too, which is where the momentum in the game changed entirely.

The 4th line and Kindl/Lashoff pairing were huge liabilities in this game and they have nowhere to hide against the Bruins.

Big changes this off-season. No idea what they'll be, but they're necessary.

Lol, are you serious? We say this every year. Do you forget Holland is our GM? He's probably not even watching this series.

Only changes we'll see is Legwand, Alfie and Bert signed for multi year extensions.

I really hope this was Gustavsson's last game as a Red Wing. I can't tell you how many times I held my breath on something that wasn't a big deal because of him.

I do that on almost every shot that Howard faces. little bad angle shots that I would be pissed at a Wing for even taking scare the s*** outta me when directed at Howie

Big changes this off-season. No idea what they'll be, but they're necessary.

This has been said the past two or three years. Nothing has changed. Come late August the big signing will be Dan Cleary and Quincey will have gotten a new 4 yr/ 4 mill per contract.

To use their speed I'm noticing the wings are trying long passes every chance they get, like a fast break team in basketball. It works when the passes are tape to tape, but when they are not it's an icing or a turn over. That goal in OT was off of a long pass that was a turnover. Just giving the puck back to Boston is not a smart idea. The wings have to use their speed, but be smart about it.

Babs' obsession with Glendening has gone too far. He lost practically every faceoff tonight and yet was always out there for draws in the defensive zone. Why wouldn't you try Legwand, since there are two centers on that line anyways? Glendening lost the draw cleanly on the Bruins power play goal too, which is where the momentum in the game changed entirely.

The 4th line and Kindl/Lashoff pairing were huge liabilities in this game and they have nowhere to hide against the Bruins.

Yeah, I think the pressure of the role has exceeded his capacity. This game, however, was the only one in which I felt this way. And nothing to take away from Glen but he should be moved down next game.

They have no where to hide because Babs keeps playing them so much. I get it, he likes Glendening and he competes real hard. I liked Aaron Downey and he competed his ass off but I wouldn't have him playing against the Bruins top line. Glen is getting smoked in the circle and Babs keeps playing him. Bruins score a goal? Following shift Kindl/Lashoff, it's crazy. He's a great coach, but he does some f***ed up s*** sometimes.