No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Spezza Requests Trade

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen for Spezza?

You betcha!

On a more serious note...I'd be shocked if Holland makes a move this summer...If anything - maybe he tries to move Weiss for Spezza.

Of the bigger name ufas available and the guys rumored to be on trade market spezza IMO sounds to me the most likely holland would target. Elder as far as I've seen hasn't been rumored to bein market but if so maybe he'd be number one.

After doing a little googling,I have found four of the six teams that might be on his list:

Anaheim

Philly

Pittsburgh

New York rangers

Yeah I haven't been able to find anything substantial on it. Some links I read said he would only accept a trade to Pittsburgh or Chicago, others have mentioned a list of six but no offical names. I was wondering if I was looking in the wrong places. Anyway thanks for looking.

At the trade deadline Detroit and Chicago were on the list as well, but may have been dropped since. The gist then, as now, is that Kesler wants to play for a contender. Not a team that misses the playoffs, like his current team...or Ottawa.

Guest DeGraa55

BryanMurrayOttawaSenatorsGeneralManagerS

"That means I have to choose another Captain? Hmmmmm."

Ryan or karlsson....unless they wanna just get rid if then to I'll give up anyone they want considered a prospect including dekeyser nyquist Tatar and smith.

Ok I'll stop dreaming now back to work.

Haven't we learned by now + - isn't really a good stat. I mean look at his team. When you're on a bad team your stats will look worse simple as that.

+/- isn't a good stat when you're comparing players from different teams or when you're using a small sample size but over the course of a season you can easily see which players are on the ice for more goals for than against and vice versa.

Spezza had 66 pts this year and was a -26, nearly twice as bad as anyone playing on another line, and to make it worse according to advanced stat sites he didn't even play as tough of competition as Turris you finished +22. Spezza and his linemate Michalek were on the ice for more goals against than any other forwards in the entire NHL. In fact the Senators gave up almost twice as many goals with Spezza on the ice as they did when he was off it.

No matter how you spin it, Spezza's good offensive game doesn't make up for his horrific defensive lapses.

+/- isn't a good stat when you're comparing players from different teams or when you're using a small sample size but over the course of a season you can easily see which players are on the ice for more goals for than against and vice versa.

Spezza had 66 pts this year and was a -26, nearly twice as bad as anyone playing on another line, and to make it worse according to advanced stat sites he didn't even play as tough of competition as Turris you finished +22. Spezza and his linemate Michalek were on the ice for more goals against than any other forwards in the entire NHL. In fact the Senators gave up almost twice as many goals with Spezza on the ice as they did when he was off it.

No matter how you spin it, Spezza's good offensive game doesn't make up for his horrific defensive lapses.

Karlsson is a giveaway machine as well. I saw a bunch of games this year where he turned the puckover in his own zone and it resulted in a goal against. It's not all on Spezza. He also has to deal with other teams top forwards / defenders.

Edited by darkmanx

Mike Richards could be a cheap option if Kesler or Spezza don't work out. Babs would love it. One of the best PK guys in the NHL, and he can also play on the wing. I've heard compliance buyout rumours

Edited by anthonyn66

Kesler for Spezza straight up.

Kesler has a no trade clause and wants to go to a contender. Ottawa isn't one. I don't think this trade would work EVEN IF Kesler didn't have an NTC considering there's no sense in either team getting rid of a player who doesn't want to be there in order to pick up another player who doesn't want to be there. Neither of these guys requested trades so that they could go play for losers.

Spezza is a guy who wants out of Ottawa because he can't handle the finger being pointed at him when the team is losing. Is that the kind of guy some people really want to see here? He is getting paid to be a go to guy, but can't handle the pressure of being one. Let him go to Florida where nobody will care.

Spezza is a guy who wants out of Ottawa because he can't handle the finger being pointed at him when the team is losing. Is that the kind of guy some people really want to see here? He is getting paid to be a go to guy, but can't handle the pressure of being one. Let him go to Florida where nobody will care.

Canadian fans and media alike are taking it way too far and its not like Ottawa and their fans are league wide known for loud support.

Spezza doesn't like the spotlight fans plus media have to accept that, period. If you can't even walk into a grocery store in peace something has to give and I would want out too. Add to that a crying poor but also media hungry owner and everyone should understand Spezza.

Edited by frankgrimes

Mike Richards could be a cheap option if Kesler or Spezza don't work out. Babs would love it. One of the best PK guys in the NHL, and he can also play on the wing. I've heard compliance buyout rumours

He's been trending down for a while now. Alarmingly so. At this point, he's a 3C on a playoff team and a 4C on a contender. Which might be ok if he were 35. But he's 29.

But I can see a number of teams paying him good money.

• Toronto's considering giving Bolland big money because they're desperate for a centerman who Knows What It Takes to Win, or whatever.
  • Nashville may lose Legwand and Laviolette knows Richards from their time together in Philly.
  • Ottawa's losing Spezza.
  • Vancouver may lose Kesler.
  • Colorado may lose Stastny.
  • Walt Disney of Columbia may lose Grabovski and they need good veteran leadership, guys who Know What It Takes to Win, or whatever.
  • Montreal doesn't actually have any centermen. It's an optical illusion.
  • Deadmonton.
  • All your 30-year-old free agents are belong to Minnesota.
  • Lon Gisland is, for all intents and purposes, an expansion team that's desperate for anyone with two arms and two legs.
  • SJ. (lolz)
  • Pittsburgh.
  • Derek Roy was a bust for St. Louis and they love them some GRIT and DEFENSE.
  • Philly knows him, probably regrets running him out of town for no good reason and watching him win a Cup or two.
  • Buffallow. (Clever, right?)
  • Winnipeg has two lines and Frolik.

Plus, Weiss - a somewhat similar player - has been a bust. You think Kenny's going to risk the same thing again? Nope!

Spezza doesn't like the spotlight fans plus media have to accept that, period. If you can't even walk into a grocery store in peace something has to give and I would want out too.

Well, he was pretty open about wanting and deserving the captaincy. He felt he was ready to be The Guy and lead his team deep into the playoffs. Crazy attention and expectations kinda come with the territory in a Canadian market, maybe especially in Ottawa this past season, given the loss of Alfie and their surprising run last season and whatnot. So he pretty much asked for it. And he failed. Miserably.

But it's not all on him, and if he's disgruntled, that's probably why - and that's where I agree with where you're coming from. He's a scapegoat now. He's the symbol of everything that's wrong with the Sens, when, in fact, he's one of the few things that's right with them. If he stays? It's not going to get any better any time soon, and not because he's ZOMG A TERRIBLE CAPTAIN. It's because they have serious issues. For example, consider their long and disturbing history of "losing" (read: pushing out) their best talent. Chara, Hossa, Heatley, Gonchar, Alfredsson. And now Spezza.

Spezza doesn't like the spotlight fans plus media have to accept that, period. If you can't even walk into a grocery store in peace something has to give and I would want out too.

Well, he was pretty open about wanting and deserving the captaincy. He felt he was ready to be The Guy and lead his team deep into the playoffs. Crazy attention and expectations kinda come with the territory in a Canadian market, maybe especially in Ottawa this past season, given the loss of Alfie and their surprising run last season and whatnot. So he pretty much asked for it. And he failed. Miserably.

But it's not all on him, and if he's disgruntled, that's probably why - and that's where I agree with where you're coming from. He's a scapegoat now. He's the symbol of everything that's wrong with the Sens, when, in fact, he's one of the few things that's right with them. If he stays? It's not going to get any better any time soon, and not because he's ZOMG A TERRIBLE CAPTAIN. It's because they have serious issues. For example, consider their long and disturbing history of "losing" (read: pushing out) their best talent. Chara, Hossa, Heatley, Gonchar, Alfredsson. And now Spezza.

Perfectly said just wanted to add it all starts at the top and Melnyk doesn't want to spend, so next in line will be Ryan.

He's been trending down for a while now. Alarmingly so. At this point, he's a 3C on a playoff team and a 4C on a contender. Which might be ok if he were 35. But he's 29.

But I can see a number of teams paying him good money.

• Toronto's considering giving Bolland big money because they're desperate for a centerman who Knows What It Takes to Win, or whatever.
  • Nashville may lose Legwand and Laviolette knows Richards from their time together in Philly.
  • Ottawa's losing Spezza.
  • Vancouver may lose Kesler.
  • Colorado may lose Stastny.
  • Walt Disney of Columbia may lose Grabovski and they need good veteran leadership, guys who Know What It Takes to Win, or whatever.
  • Montreal doesn't actually have any centermen. It's an optical illusion.
  • Deadmonton.
  • All your 30-year-old free agents are belong to Minnesota.
  • Lon Gisland is, for all intents and purposes, an expansion team that's desperate for anyone with two arms and two legs.
  • SJ. (lolz)
  • Pittsburgh.
  • Derek Roy was a bust for St. Louis and they love them some GRIT and DEFENSE.
  • Philly knows him, probably regrets running him out of town for no good reason and watching him win a Cup or two.
  • Buffallow. (Clever, right?)
  • Winnipeg has two lines and Frolik.

Plus, Weiss - a somewhat similar player - has been a bust. You think Kenny's going to risk the same thing again? Nope!

He isn't given the minutes because Carter and Kopitar are #1 and #2. He'd be a #2 on our team for sure and would probably be a #2 on most other teams. That's what he's always been, he had the one year as a top line center but other than that he's a solid 2C who is a dream on the PK and has incredible leadership and work ethic. It was four years ago but Babcock singled him out on CBC at the Olympics as the guy who impressed him the most (like Babs did for Jamie Benn this year)

Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen believes that the Anaheim Ducks and St. Louis Blues are the favourites to get centre Jason Spezza from the Senators, with Nashville and Dallas as possibilities as well.

He adds that the price for Spezza will be younger players like Anaheim's Andrew Cogliano or Nick Bonino,

or Blues skaters Patrik Berglund, Kevin Shattenkirk or Ian Cole.

Ken Warren of the Ottawa Citizen believes that the Anaheim Ducks and St. Louis Blues are the favourites to get centre Jason Spezza from the Senators, with Nashville and Dallas as possibilities as well.

He adds that the price for Spezza will be younger players like Anaheim's Andrew Cogliano or Nick Bonino,

or Blues skaters Patrik Berglund, Kevin Shattenkirk or Ian Cole.

Yes those are the rumors and I expect him to head west. Just like I expect Kesler to head east.

From TSN:

Murray must subscribe to the Ottawa Citizen.

Ottawa Senators general manager Bryan Murray says he has two "serious" offers on the table for Jason Spezza, as trade speculation regarding his team captain has intensified over the last week.

Murray told reporters on Thursday that he's still in talks regarding a trade for the 11-year NHL veteran and won't allow teams to talk to Spezza until he gets a deal done.

"I'm going to try to get value for Jason Spezza," he said, adding that the asking price will be a good player and a prospect.

Murray is dealing from a position of weakness here he has a tight budget and knows players on elcs or young prospects are cheap in terms of salary. According to tsn Spezza has all Canadian teams on his list at some other bottom feeders.

Good job Canadian media running a first line center out of town, last pizza liner gone

Guest DeGraa55

Murray is dealing from a position of weakness here he has a tight budget and knows players on elcs or young prospects are cheap in terms of salary. According to tsn Spezza has all Canadian teams on his list at some other bottom feeders.Good job Canadian media running a first line center out of town, last pizza liner gone

No the maple leafs and Canadians aren't on there as it's expected they can't really afford to get him anyways but the test are.

Last rumors had stl and I can't remember the other the ducks maybe? As the favorites so I'm assuming the two deals are from them. Sadly it's not us :(

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2014/06/19/nhl-rumors-iii-spezza-kesler-campbell-and-the-islanders/

Edited by DeGraa55

Whereever he ends up I hope he can walk into a grocery store there without being bothered by fans and just be a normal person off the ice. The Blues would be a fantastic fit for him, even if Spezza isn't a 200 ft player Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester will more than make up for some mistakes. Personally I also thought Nashville would be a good fit for him, elite defense and goaltending plus some young forwards who could need a veteran leader.

My list would be: Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Florida, Buffalo, Phoenix, Carolina, New York Island, Canadiens

would he be a good fit here ? Yeah but we don't have the assets to aquire him and I highly doubt a guy like him accepts a third line center role behind Z and Pasha..

Edited by frankgrimes