• HoF Booster
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

Good two way player

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=722478
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#2 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

Helm for Spezza....or Franzine for Spezza...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#3 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

I hope Holland is getting some sort of package together and at least trying to make something happen. Sick of him just "kicking tires".

#4 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:01 AM

I like Spezza quite a bit, but I don't see a fit at all for the Wings. They have plenty of depth up the middle. The need is a top-six winger ideally with some size that can score goals.

Besides, I'm not willing to part with the assets it will take to acquire Spezza. The Ducks, Blues or Predators seem to be mentioned the most in regards to trading for Spezza.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#5 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

According to puck daddy, St Louis, Anaheim, Vancouver, and Nashville have inquired about a trade.

#6 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

I can see Vancouver doing a Kesler for Spezza deal.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#7 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

I can see Vancouver doing a Kesler for Spezza deal.

I can as well. It's actually a fair trade straight up and it solves both their problems. That being said I hope it doesn't happen because I would love either player.

#8 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:52 AM

I can as well. It's actually a fair trade straight up and it solves both their problems. That being said I hope it doesn't happen because I would love either player.

You can still love them, I mean, it's ok to love. :-)

#9 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#10 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

No way Ottawa trades with us after we join their division and steal their captain

#11 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

So what ive seen so far is asking price is a player, a prospect, and a 1st rounder. Seems steep, especially depending on who the player is.

#12 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

I like Spezza quite a bit, but I don't see a fit at all for the Wings. They have plenty of depth up the middle. The need is a top-six winger ideally with some size that can score goals.

Besides, I'm not willing to part with the assets it will take to acquire Spezza. The Ducks, Blues or Predators seem to be mentioned the most in regards to trading for Spezza.

Agreed.  He's a phenomenal player and would be great on this team, but he doesn't fit our needs. 

Surely we can acquire a winger for less than the asking price of Spezza.

No way Ottawa trades with us after we join their division and steal their captain

You mean we can't just send them some odd parts for the other guy who's been the other face of the franchise for a decade?  How about Weiss for Spezza?  :D

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#13 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

so BM is throwing the next guy under the bus by going publically with his demands ? Way to screw over your pricetag now everyone knows Spezza wants out. Great player and sadly another one getting run out of town because the Canadian media is out of control.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#14 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Good two way player

Not really. But I'd love to have him, at the right price.

The interesting wrinkle here is Murray's probably gonna have to sell low, or at least much lower than he'd like for his best forward (arguably their best player, period). Not that that wouldn't have been the case anyway, but asking for a trade, when this guy's your captain? He's gotta be moved. The other interesting thing is the Sens don't have a lot of Realgud players. Seriously. Look at their roster and their pipeline. We're waist-deep in quality assets, any one of which they'd probably love to have.

For better or worse, I doubt the idea of Spezza to Detroit (reunion with Alfie?) is at all appealing to Murray or Melnyk. But you can be sure Kenny will pursue this. It'd be a very Ken Holland pickup.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#15 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Spezza is a good player, but not what this team needs, I think they already have the skills available that Spezza would bring (at least in the near term)

#16 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

Spezza is a good player, but not what this team needs, I think they already have the skills available that Spezza would bring (at least in the near term)

I disagree he has decent size IIRC. And is a short term answer at 2c until we see if Weiss will be and a long term answer at 1c once dat retires. He is a perfect guy to have for the next 4-8 years depending how long he maintains his level of play.

Yup just looked 6 3 220. AND for those who don't know....IS A RIGHTY

Edited by DeGraa55, 12 June 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#17 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

And we didn't steal anything. Ottawa let him go cause they decided they couldn't pay him and he chose to come here(why? No idea...not like we were going to compete for a cup lol).

#18 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:40 AM

And we didn't steal anything. Ottawa let him go cause they decided they couldn't pay him and he chose to come here(why? No idea...not like we were going to compete for a cup lol).

Doesn't change the fact that there is probably 0.5% chance that Ottawa deals with Holland.

Sorry to ruin everyone's capgeek armchair GM fun times.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#19 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

The whole reason Ottawa is looking to get rid of him is because MacLean shares Babcock's philosophy that any team can be successful as long as they have good 2 way centers throughout the line-up.

Spezza is great offensively, but terrible in his own end. They feel that they'd be better off even with a less gifted offensive center providing he comes with a little defence.

Not really a good fit for Detroit, 

#20 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

The whole reason Ottawa is looking to get rid of him is because MacLean shares Babcock's philosophy that any team can be successful as long as they have good 2 way centers throughout the line-up.

Spezza is great offensively, but terrible in his own end. They feel that they'd be better off even with a less gifted offensive center providing he comes with a little defence.

Not really a good fit for Detroit, 

That's all fine and dandy but we have more than enough two way players. Spezza is EXACTLY WHAT this offense needs.