• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

That Time Mike Vernon Used the Jedi Mind Trick

Rate this topic

Thought this was worth pointing out:

How Mike Vernon set the stage for Patrick Roy's trade from Montreal [sBNation.com]

Mike Vernon: I recall even having a conversation with Patrick Roy, in Montreal, at the little breakfast place there, the spot we always used to go to. And uh, I just walked in by myself and I was early to the rink or something like that, and he was there like "Mike, come here, I want to talk to you." He goes, "The pressure, the media, the fans..." he was just... I knew he was thoroughly upset about all of this, and it was really bothering him. And I said, Patrick, you just have to get traded. I said I got traded, I'm enjoying it in Detroit and everything else, and lo and behold that game was the game where he went up to the president.

Adds a neat little wrinkle to the Wings-Avs rivalry.

ahhh...yes..but we would know nothing of THE statue of liberty...mccarty hat trick....and hasek back to back shutouts.

colorado built that team to run the west....the wings just needed motivation.

detroit destroys rivals....just give it time. every 4 years someone new looks to knock the wings out.

boston....your next!

if they had kept Vernon, not only would they still have won in 98, they more than likely would've won again in 99. Ozzie got hurt and Ranford was past his prime. Plus I believe Ranford got hurt as well...

I still never understood the reason behind that trade.

Edited by LeftWinger

Thats the way it is. I have the greatest respect for my opponents in the Square. You share something that few people do. That doesn't hinder you to beat the crap out of the guy during the fight. But before and especially after it there is some deep understanding for the guy in the other corner.

Speaking of Jedi mind tricks...has anybody noticed how Jiri Fischer is like the Yoda of player developement? I was watching those Flagstar Bank prospect report videos and Fischer is a freakin' weirdo.

He is a weirdo. The way he talks about the players. It is like a bedtime story.

He will make a good fairy tail teller.

They just had a special on the Roy move on the NHL network today. One commentator suggested it may have all been planned and that the trade to the Avs for a young French goalie was too quick and too convenient. He did sort of joke and say something like, "I sound like Oliver Stone here."

P.S. What the heck is up with all the Asian girl ads on this site. Don't tell me guys here think they can dial up a perfect stunning Asian babe with a few clicks...

P.S. What the heck is up with all the Asian girl ads on this site. Don't tell me guys here think they can dial up a perfect stunning Asian babe with a few clicks...

Aren't the ads based off of your internet usage? For instance my ads are for mycomicshop.com as I bought some comics recently from there.

I was just wondering what would have happened had Roy been traded elsewhere. He wasn't the only reason the Avs were as good as they were, but he was a big part of it.

Who were the "bubble" teams from back then? Imagine how different things would be had he been traded to one of those!

(I get a lot of truck ads, but I get the Asian chicks too. I'm more interested in the trucks. Nothing against Asians or women, of course.)

Is it me or did that conversation in that little diner remind anyone else from a part in Slap Shot? Anyways, It's been a while since I've read Blood Fued, but I don't recall that being mentioned in the book (if you haven't read that book, I highly recommend it).

Edited by Vladiator