Sign in to follow this  
KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

'16 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

The NHL may have got it right for once.

Probably should be in the water cooler.

Please move if need be.

Report: Bruins, Canadiens set for 2016 Winter Classic in Foxborough

The Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens appear set to take it outside in the 2016 Winter Classic.

According to multiple reports, the rivals will face off in the NHL's annual showcase at Gillette Stadium on Jan. 1.

A visit to the home of the New England Patriots marks just the third time the Winter Classic will be staged in an NFL stadium, having previously been held at Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium (2008) and Pittsburgh's Heinz Field (2011).

The NHL is expected to make a formal announcement during the All-Star break this coming weekend in Columbus.

Both franchises have experience in outdoor games, with the Bruins hosting the 2011 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. The Canadiens, meanwhile, have played the visitors at two Heritage Classic games including 2003 in Edmonton and 2011 at Calgary's McMahon Stadium.

The 2003 Heritage Classic between the Canadiens and Edmonton Oilers at Commonwealth Stadium was the first ever regular season NHL outdoor game.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Rumor has it... In two years it will be held on the moon.

We feel there's an untapped market of abandoned lunar NASA equipment who could really grow the game of hockey. My assistant also tells me that the moon is cold enough to maintain a "hockey climate", so really its Florida's market potential with Canada's climate. What's not to like??

Honestly, who really cared for this years one? It was the lowest watched WC yet. Choosing Montreal/Boston is probably a way to try to get people to actually watch.

Honestly I forgot all about the WC this year. I'll be all over next year's though - awesome matchup. 'Bout damn time!

At least they've gotten the match up right now add the drop kick Murphies

Totally. I'm guessing they'd be able to increase the cap in 2017 by about 5M just from revenues generated from this game alone, but only if they can put the event over the top by adding the motherf***ing "drop kick Murphies". Awwwww yeah

Does it really count as an outdoor game if the Pens aren't in it?

more like the Blackhawks aren't in it they have been in like 3 WCs so far.

But man after Wings Leafs, now Bruins Habs the league is running out of original 6 rivalries.

Maybe next WC will be Pens Flyers or even better take a year off and restart it with a fresh concept.

Totally. I'm guessing they'd be able to increase the cap in 2017 by about 5M just from revenues generated from this game alone, but only if they can put the event over the top by adding the motherf***ing "drop kick Murphies". Awwwww yeah

Rather see Taylor Swift myself. I pretend shes singing "skate it off" when that new song comes on. It's currently one of my fav hockey songs.

Nah man. You can't beat "Thunderstuck" by that good ol beastly Canadian band lead by Don Cherry's grandson: EhC/DC

It's about Looooch getting groceries. That's how intense that s*** is.

So the song is about butt ending stock boys, making rude gestures at cashiers, and refusing to acknowledge greeters?

Personally, I'm tired of the Winter Classic. Maybe if they only did it every 4 years or something it would be interesting, but we all know the NHL would never give up the kind of money it apparently generates.

Why should they give up these money?