• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/2 GDT : Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

No Joke... They might as well toss McCollum in for a game.

My logic:

-His numbers have been solid the past 2 seasons and he's apparently been real hot lately (12-1-3 in past 16).

-He's eligible for Group VI UFA status this summer, so he'll be hungry to audition for a new opportunity for next fall

-Couldn't be any worse than what they're getting from Howie, Mrazek or the Glass Monster...

So we've gone from Howie sucks mrazek is the savior to Howie and mrazek suck McCollum is the savior?

Babs never said that. Plus the fact Howard is stuck on the bench in a playoff race kinda disproves your notion that Babs never holds Howard accountable.

Was going by someone who posted that Helen St. James stated Babcock put all of tonight's game on Mrazek. I was shocked and just found out it wasn't what he really said and yes if that was true, he has never thrown Jimmy under the bus as bad as this would've sounded.

I am just saying, heart and inspiration wins games. Bad ankle? Super, Yzerman needed injections in his knee to even walk on to the ice, but guess what? HE DID IT! I am not bashing Dats in the way I bash Franzen, but the player of today is in NO comparison to the player of yesterday. Todays player wouldn't even think about taking injections and playing for the good of the team. Guarantee, Yzerman would have been on that ice both yesterday and Tuesday...and he would have been a factor and he would have inspired a team that, right now, needs its leaders to inspire them!

I am sure the team is not calling Dats out for not playing, but man, if they saw him get in there, like Steve used to do, they'd be like, look at Pav playing through that pain, WTF is my excuse for not pushing a bit harder? I am just saying, in probably the two most important games of the season, the team really needed more than locker room presence, they needed to be pushed to the brink of elimination.

Also, don't EVER question my passion and fandom for this team, I am just not a rosey glass wearing fool who thinks everything is awesome because its the Wings...if you think this team is good and if you think the leaders are leading, then you sir, need to ask yourself if you understand how this works...

I am just saying, heart and inspiration wins games. Bad ankle? Super, Yzerman needed injections in his knee to even walk on to the ice, but guess what? HE DID IT! I am not bashing Dats in the way I bash Franzen, but the player of today is in NO comparison to the player of yesterday. Todays player wouldn't even think about taking injections and playing for the good of the team. Guarantee, Yzerman would have been on that ice both yesterday and Tuesday...and he would have been a factor and he would have inspired a team that, right now, needs its leaders to inspire them!

I am sure the team is not calling Dats out for not playing, but man, if they saw him get in there, like Steve used to do, they'd be like, look at Pav playing through that pain, WTF is my excuse for not pushing a bit harder? I am just saying, in probably the two most important games of the season, the team really needed more than locker room presence, they needed to be pushed to the brink of elimination.

Also, don't EVER question my passion and fandom for this team, I am just not a rosey glass wearing fool who thinks everything is awesome because its the Wings...if you think this team is good and if you think the leaders are leading, then you sir, need to ask yourself if you understand how this works...

You can emphasize the word EVER all you want lol, but the fact of the matter is your post was extremely disrespectful and makes you sound like you are having a temper tantrum because your team is on a losing streak. Lash out at me, I really dont care, but treat Datsyuk with some respect if you call youself a fan

Find a single post where I say everything is awesome. What I said when the season started is the same as what I am saying now. We are going through a re-build, I don't expect us to win the cup this year. I expect us to finish between #3-6 and to keep growing as a team. In today's NHL everyone has a chance so you never know, and I do think we have a good team, but things are going exactly how I thought they would.

^^ I love Pav but I do agree that you simply have to be in there because this is why they play. This is a playoff game. Stay in the lineup until you solidify a playoff spot and then rest up til 4/15 but you gotta be in there now. He was flying in all the games he's been playing in including that last Islanders game. I'm not expecting a Stanley Cup especially with a fragile group of guys that can't stay in the lineup often and goaltending and defense that are downright cringe worthy. But I look at how we played up until about 6 weeks ago and how hard we came out last night for the first 2 periods and I know they're capable of hanging with the best teams out there.

..and tell me again, when Stevie was near the end, how many times we either had to scratch and claw to just make the playoffs or were in danger of backing our way out of the playoffs? Let alone tell me when Stevie would have sat because of an injury that he couldn't just "ice up" and play, especially when it comes down to two of the most important games of the year which would have more than likely secured the playoffs. I am not questioning Dats contributions to this team or his ability to still be an impact player. I am questioning the entire leadership philosophy of this team, starting with him. Z says he's 100%, so why are we to believe that he isn't? He just is what he is anymore, more than a shell, but nowhere near what he was 5-6 years ago, but hey, he is older and not as good anymore. The problem is, these "leaders" today will even sit out a playoff game with nagging injuries, even elimination games, Stevie, Shanny, Hull, Feds, Igor, Nick would have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER done so.

Disrespect my ass, the fact is, he makes $7M to ******* take this team to the playoffs, not sit because his ankle hurts, again, THEY MAKE SHOTS THAT TAKE CARE OF NAGGING PAINS!!! If his ankle was broken, I understand, but a sore ankle? Gimme a break! In my job, I am working in small places lifting and throwing things all day long, if my back hurts do I get time off? NO! I get to take 2 alieve and get the f*** back in the hole!

This isn't December anymore, these games are pretty much game 6's and 7's for us, this team needs leadership to lead! All this blaming Jimmy and Petr is stupid, Petr played well enough last night to win, he had 1 bad goal, but the D (Q especially) let him down in the end. Even Patrick had bad goals against him, even Hasek. Its ******* time for the leaders to inspire this team, if keeping this streak alive isn't important to the leaders of this team, to keep history going, to keep this organization talked about among the elite teams off al time, then ******* retire and let other players who want to preserve history and keep this team excelling take over! Sure, 1st round exits suck, and no way this team is favored to win a Cup this year, but you have to get to round 1 in order to have a chance....f*** letting the streak go, if this team cannot win a Cup every year, then damn it, isn't it important enough to have something to brag and be proud of? The streak is on the line, if they miss this year, they will never get anywhere near it again. I want to Cup too, but if we can't win it, why just say f*** the playoffs? Those of you who don't care about making the playoffs year after year will never be happy, because for you its the Cup or tank.

I will take a first round sweep over completely missing the playoffs.

..and tell me again, when Stevie was near the end, how many times we either had to scratch and claw to just make the playoffs or were in danger of backing our way out of the playoffs? Let alone tell me when Stevie would have sat because of an injury that he couldn't just "ice up" and play, especially when it comes down to two of the most important games of the year which would have more than likely secured the playoffs. I am not questioning Dats contributions to this team or his ability to still be an impact player. I am questioning the entire leadership philosophy of this team, starting with him. Z says he's 100%, so why are we to believe that he isn't? He just is what he is anymore, more than a shell, but nowhere near what he was 5-6 years ago, but hey, he is older and not as good anymore. The problem is, these "leaders" today will even sit out a playoff game with nagging injuries, even elimination games, Stevie, Shanny, Hull, Feds, Igor, Nick would have NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER done so.

Disrespect my ass, the fact is, he makes $7M tof****** take this team to the playoffs, not sit because his ankle hurts, again, THEY MAKE SHOTS THAT TAKE CARE OF NAGGING PAINS!!! If his ankle was broken, I understand, but a sore ankle? Gimme a break! In my job, I am working in small places lifting and throwing things all day long, if my back hurts do I get time off? NO! I get to take 2 alieve and get the f*** back in the hole!

This isn't December anymore, these games are pretty much game 6's and 7's for us, this team needs leadership to lead! All this blaming Jimmy and Petr is stupid, Petr played well enough last night to win, he had 1 bad goal, but the D (Q especially) let him down in the end. Even Patrick had bad goals against him, even Hasek. Itsf****** time for the leaders to inspire this team, if keeping this streak alive isn't important to the leaders of this team, to keep history going, to keep this organization talked about among the elite teams off al time, thenf****** retire and let other players who want to preserve history and keep this team excelling take over! Sure, 1st round exits suck, and no way this team is favored to win a Cup this year, but you have to get to round 1 in order to have a chance....f*** letting the streak go, if this team cannot win a Cup every year, then damn it, isn't it important enough to have something to brag and be proud of? The streak is on the line, if they miss this year, they will never get anywhere near it again. I want to Cup too, but if we can't win it, why just say f*** the playoffs? Those of you who don't care about making the playoffs year after year will never be happy, because for you its the Cup or tank.

You must be a profession nhl 15 player because you clearly don't play hockey. Your posts are almost humorous ... even my little cousins understand hockey better than you. Pav is special in that he will still be magic when he's 40 but if he tries playing through injuries then that won't be the case. The best is as soon as pav is back and playing amazing this weekend you will turn around and talk about how amazing he is. That's the biggest problem with fans these days how quickly they turn on players. I get turning on Jimmy. .. he's consistently not got the job done for us. Pav on the other hand is consistently our best performer along with zetty.

If your not happy with that then go become a leafs fan so you at least have something to whine about.

Disrespect my ass, the fact is, he makes $7M tof****** take this team to the playoffs, not sit because his ankle hurts, again, THEY MAKE SHOTS THAT TAKE CARE OF NAGGING PAINS!!! If his ankle was broken, I understand, but a sore ankle? Gimme a break! In my job, I am working in small places lifting and throwing things all day long, if my back hurts do I get time off? NO! I get to take 2 alieve and get the f*** back in the hole!

This isn't December anymore, these games are pretty much game 6's and 7's for us, this team needs leadership to lead! All this blaming Jimmy and Petr is stupid, Petr played well enough last night to win, he had 1 bad goal, but the D (Q especially) let him down in the end. Even Patrick had bad goals against him, even Hasek. Itsf****** time for the leaders to inspire this team, if keeping this streak alive isn't important to the leaders of this team, to keep history going, to keep this organization talked about among the elite teams off al time, thenf****** retire and let other players who want to preserve history and keep this team excelling take over! Sure, 1st round exits suck, and no way this team is favored to win a Cup this year, but you have to get to round 1 in order to have a chance....f*** letting the streak go, if this team cannot win a Cup every year, then damn it, isn't it important enough to have something to brag and be proud of? The streak is on the line, if they miss this year, they will never get anywhere near it again. I want to Cup too, but if we can't win it, why just say f*** the playoffs? Those of you who don't care about making the playoffs year after year will never be happy, because for you its the Cup or tank.

In 2002 Detroit's payroll was $66 million, #1 in the NHL. The team with the 10th highest payroll had a payroll of 43 million.

In 2015 there is a salary cap, Holland cannot spend 20million more then the other teams in the conference giving the Wings a giant advantage.

You cant compare Yzerman ability to lead to Datsyuk's. Yzerman had a stacked team behind him (literally a ton of HOF's), while Datsyuk is playing with kids, not the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Yzerman wasn't a good leader, the guy is my childhood hero and my favourite player of all time, but you cant compare the two as its now the salary cap era.

As far as the injuries go, its also a different time. The NHL/doctors don't let players play through injuries like they used to. The reasons being, more of an understanding on the long term effects of injuries, lawsuits, and i'm sure there are provisions in the CBA (though I admit this is speculation on my part). Yzerman did have a gutsy performance in 2002 and I will always respect him for that, but he was never the same player again. If they didn't win the cup, would that have really been worth it? Also don't forget, while you seem to be putting the success of that team 100% on Yzerman, if not for Dan Cloutier's inability to stop a puck from center ice, we likely would have been beaten first round. My point being, Skill, leadership, and luck all come in to play in a team winning a cup. Also, if Datsyuk playing this week was the difference between a cup or no cup, I think things may be a different story.

When you say the word EVER 28 times in a row, and constantly drop f bombs, it just reinforces my point that you sound like you are having a temper tantrum.....seriously, calm down.

I agree today's players are wayyyy too coddled, and obv overpaid. Players sit due to bruises. Bruises are a daily thing in some jobs.

Howe and Lindsay would have beat the s*** out of this whole team by now, one by one, if they were doing this back in their day.

Excuse me? You hopped right on the blame Jimmy bandwagon as soon as it rolled into town. Now you're on Datsyuk's back? Really? Are you gonna start calling Kronwall Pisswall again too?

Oh and Petr was responsible for 2 bad goals last night. He overplayed the crap out of the tying goal.

leadership has nothing to do with salary cap.

ahhhh....the old go be a leafs fan bit because you can't be a real wings fan if you don't like everything that has red on it...its old man, find something new.

I am on the anti-jimmy bandwagon, but you have to call a spade a spade, this team needs a purpose and inspiration from their leaders, something's wrong in that department. Leadership is by example.

btw, never touched NHL 15 or even 1. Again, the old, you know nothing because you disagree with me is getting old.

while we're on the subject of kronwall, he has failed miserably in leading this D. If Chelios were still here he'd have Q's head for lunch for his crap play last night.

its not cool to question fanism. Where were you in 1985? You probably came to the Joe just to try to win a free car. I've bled this team since I was 9 years old. I most definitely have the right to question things.

Guest Playmaker

Clearly, you've forgotten how many games Yzerman missed throughout his career. He wasn't "in there" every game, no matter what. Yzerman didn't have to fight for the playoffs in his later years because, oh yeah, he had future superstars in Datsyuk and Zetterberg to pick up the slack, not to mention the best defenseman of all time still in his prime on the blue line. As no one really knows what's wrong with Datsyuk, I'm not sure how anyone can sit in judgement of him not playing. We saw Datsyuk just last year play on a severely injured knee for weeks for nothing but the pure honor of playing for his country. So kiss his Dangling Russian Ass.

No, you're not a "rosey" glass wearing fool, you're just an unrealistic geezer who clearly has no accurate recollection of how the "good old days" actually were.

...and now we've run this off on a tangent. Lets get back to the game, and I will just say that I am really disappointed in the leadership on this team, from the coaching to the captains. It is said lack of leadership that has this team stumbling in the standings.

Let's hope getting Dats back changes things in Minny. We're only 3 points out of falling out of the playoffs...it's time for leaders of this team to step it up..NOW. We are tied with Boston with 93 points, and right now they have the 8th seed. We need to rattle of a couple of regulation wins here this week.

Guest Playmaker

...and now we've run this off on a tangent. Lets get back to the game, and I will just say that I am really disappointed in the leadership on this team, from the coaching to the captains. It is said lack of leadership that has this team stumbling in the standings.

Let's hope getting Dats back changes things in Minny. We're only 3 points out of falling out of the playoffs...it's time for leaders of this team to step it up..NOW. We are tied with Boston with 93 points, and right now they have the 8th seed. We need to rattle of a couple of regulation wins here this week.

So last year when Zetterberg put the team on his severely injured back and willed them into the playoffs, that was proving his lack of leadership and skill?

Name calling? Have you stooped to that? I know how the good ol days were. Yzerman missed games with a blown out disc in his neck, torn ACL, near career ending knee surgery. He never missed games because of a nagging injury. He played through it. But again, I am not questioning Pav's contributions to this team.

Let's get back to discussing hockey, because name calling is treading on rough waters here.

You have your perception of leadership and I have mine. That's it.

leadership has nothing to do with salary cap.

ahhhh....the old go be a leafs fan bit because you can't be a real wings fan if you don't like everything that has red on it...its old man, find something new.

I am on the anti-jimmy bandwagon, but you have to call a spade a spade, this team needs a purpose and inspiration from their leaders, something's wrong in that department. Leadership is by example.

btw, never touched NHL 15 or even 1. Again, the old, you know nothing because you disagree with me is getting old.

while we're on the subject of kronwall, he has failed miserably in leading this D. If Chelios were still here he'd have Q's head for lunch for his crap play last night.

its not cool to question fanism. Where were you in 1985? You probably came to the Joe just to try to win a free car. I've bled this team since I was 9 years old. I most definitely have the right to question things.

just go away If all you are going to do is make invalid points about our main stars who by the way are all doing their jobs.

The only point I agree with you on is Howard. He has consistently proved unreliable but all the others you are complaining about is wrong.

...and if Pav comes back and carries this team into the playoffs, I will kiss his dangling Russian ass. Because that means he came in and inspired his team and probably kicked their lily assess in the locker room like they were named Perry. I simply questioned the team leadership and since he is a leader, he fell into that category. If his injury was more severe than I thought, them my bad, but if he is good enough to be day to day and a game time decision, then in huge important games like the last two, I think he should have "iced up" and been out there. But again, we have two different idea's of leadership, so no use in arguing over it anymore.

So last year when Zetterberg put the team on his severely injured back and willed them into the playoffs, that was proving his lack of leadership and skill?

Good story. Too bad it isn't even remotely true. Zetterberg didn't "put this team on his back and will them into the playoffs last year. He didn't play a single game between February 8th and our first round playoff series on April 24th.

Nyquist put the team on his back a year ago, scoring 13 goals and 8 assists in March and April. Not Zetterberg, who only played 45 games last year, none of which were in the second half of the season when we were fighting to make the playoffs.

Nevertheless, I agree with your larger point. Which is that there's nothing wrong with the team leadership.

Edited by kipwinger

You should know by now, I will not go away. That is what real fans do, they stick with their team no matter what. If I went away, then would that be something a fan would do?

BTW, nothing invalid about anything I said in that post. Kronner should have had Q's head on a stick after the penalty and boneheaded play that caused this team to lose. I was just saying, is Chelios were still the leader on the D, Q would be hurting right now. You must lead everyday and expect the best out of your subordinates, especially guys that are making millions and millions of dollars. It's been said many times here how Kronwall is not a #1 defenseman, he is better suited as a #2, so now since I call him out on his lack of ass reaming on Q, that statement would be invalid? He is not a #1, so in that affect, he has failed at being a #1. If you cannot call out your players, then you fail as a leader. Leading 5 out of 9 games is not a good leader, you must lead everyday.

if you guys have all the answers, then please enlighten us, what is wrong with the team then? If it's not goaltending, defense, leadership or coaching, please, give us the answer because something is wrong, they aren't falling from the playoffs for no reason.

Guest Playmaker

Name calling? Have you stooped to that? I know how the good ol days were. Yzerman missed games with a blown out disc in his neck, torn ACL, near career ending knee surgery. He never missed games because of a nagging injury. He played through it. But again, I am not questioning Pav's contributions to this team.

Let's get back to discussing hockey, because name calling is treading on rough waters here.

You have your perception of leadership and I have mine. That's it.

You're blowing smoke out your ass. You're continually proven wrong, then want to change the subject. You have absolutely no idea what Yzerman missed games for, if he could have come back sooner, or if he stayed out. You don't know if it's the team doctors and or Babcock not allowing Datsyuk to play or not. Please, by all means, inform us all of what Datsyuk injury actually is, you know, since being such a big fan of so many years gives you all this inside information on the players.

You again don't remember or are choosing not to acknowledge the pre 1997 years when many fans, likely you included, seeing how fair weathered you are, questioned Yzerman's playoff performances and questioned his leadership because he couldn't win a Cup. You were probably calling for Bowman's job, too when he didn't win at first in Detroit.