• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miksteri

Richards out, Tortorella in

Rate this topic

Richards had this team playing way above its head for the last three seasons. I think he's got a good future as a head coach in the league, but he might need to coach a more veteran team for a few years before he's ready to helm another young one.

As far as NHL heels go, Torts is right up there with Gary Bettman. His obstinacy, hot temper, and complete lack of self awareness is a model for all those who aspire to villainy.

Who has two thumbs and is glad he's back?

7J4upLU.jpg

As far as NHL heels go, Torts is right up there with Gary Bettman. His obstinacy, hot temper, and complete lack of self awareness is a model for all those who aspire to villainy.

Who has two thumbs and is glad he's back?

7J4upLU.jpg

The only thing that would have been better, is if in the middle of the last BJ's game, the light went out, music hit and Torts walked out with the announcers saying "Bahhh Godddd Its him, its him!!!"

Because Tortorella hired in-season, VAN gets a second-round pick

LOL... Columbus Oops! ha

and with the way they've been playing, that should be a pretty high second round pick :P

things might not get better in Columbus but they'll certainly get more entertaining

(I do think they need to not give teams picks if the coach hired somewhere else was fired by said team... kinda dumb)

If I were a Bluejackets fan the first question: what have we done to "deserve" you?

That guy can't coach and control himself. Jesus Christ how do you hire Tortarella instead of Rany Carlyle, Guy Boucher or John Stevens? This just doesn't make any sense to me

I give it a few weeks tops before players are starting to tune him out and unite in their hatred for him.

If I were a Bluejackets fan the first question: what have we done to "deserve" you?

That guy can't coach and control himself. Jesus Christ how do you hire Tortarella instead of Rany Carlyle, Guy Boucher or John Stevens? This just doesn't make any sense to me

I give it a few weeks tops before players are starting to tune him out and unite in their hatred for him.

Well, he did win something called the Stanley Cup.

He knows how to win, idk what else you look for in a coach

Not threating players like garbage

Not trying to a fight a room full of hockeyplayers including McGrattan, Engelland, Westgarth

Not having your top 6 guys playing like grinders without any sense of offense

Not publically embrassing yourself by calling out your team

Not being suspended for acting like a monkey over and over again

Not playing favorites over much more deserving guys because a player isn't a "Torts guy" (which nobody really is guy doesn't like anybody on the ice)

list goes on and on...guy would be a great soccer, basketball coach but hockey not so much with his antics

Well, he did win something called the Stanley Cup.

As did CRC and he did on a budgetteam although that was one heck of a team I mean Niedermayr + Pronger on the backend...

Edited by frankgrimes

Tortarella has a Stanley Cup AND a Jack Adams Trophy. Carlyle does too, but he's the only one on your list with a resume as good as Torts'.

But some would always use the worn-out cliche that an orangutan (insert some other primate here) could've coached 'that team' to a Cup victory.

The defense on that team was a complete joke. He had three quality forwards and Khabibulin. That's about it.

People could say the same thing about most coaches that've ever won. Quenneville, Sutter, and Babcock ALL had as good, or better teams. So did Carlyle. Julien's wasn't significantly worse.

I've always hated that argument. It either applies to nobody or everybody.

Agreed.

Seems like a decent guy, gotta love his passion, but kinda reminds me of Homer Simpson as the Chief Safety Inspector at the plant...'Ok...Safen-up!'

But some would always use the worn-out cliche that an orangutan (insert some other primate here) could've coached 'that team' to a Cup victory.

They were a good team and a number 1 seed, but arguably the worst Cup winner of the decade, along with the 2006 Hurricanes.

Tortarella has a Stanley Cup AND a Jack Adams Trophy. Carlyle does too, but he's the only one on your list with a resume as good as Torts'.

The defense on that team was a complete joke. He had three quality forwards and Khabibulin. That's about it.

People could say the same thing about most coaches that've ever won. Quenneville, Sutter, and Babcock ALL had as good, or better teams. So did Carlyle. Julien's wasn't significantly worse.

I've always hated that argument. It either applies to nobody or everybody.

Wait, are you saying Chris Dingman wasn't a quality forward?

They were a good team and a number 1 seed, but arguably the worst Cup winner of the decade, along with the 2006 Hurricanes.

Wait, are you saying Chris Dingman wasn't a quality forward?

I'm actually saying that Dan Boyle isn't a quality defenseman.

Does this make it more, or less, likely that we can fleece the BJs on a trade for Kerby Rychel? That guy has Abdelkader 2.0 written all over him.

I'd never heard of him, but looked him up because of his last name. Turns out he's the son of former enforcer/punching bag, Warren Rychel. Interesting.