• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

2016 NHL Outdoor Games Jerseys.

Rate this topic

Hey fellow LGWingers, first post here.

Today the Montreal Canadiens will finally stop teasing us and will be unveiling their 2016 NHL Winter Classic jersey.

To this day, only the Boston Bruins and the Colorado Avalanche have unveiled their 2016 NHL Winter Classic and 2016 NHL Coors Light Stadium Series jerseys respectively. With Boston displaying a pretty neat design, I might say, and the Avs...well their design is clean but a bit boring.

And for the Minnesota Wild jersey for their Stadium series game against the Chicago Blackhawks, two images with different designs have been leaked of what they could be wearing that day. One through an ebay listing with no big surprises of what they usually wear. And the second one, sporting a mix of their current logo with the former North Star's colours.

But back to what's really important to us, what about the Red Wings eh? what might they wear on the 2016 NHL Coors Light Stadium Series, though we all know that Claude Lemieux is polishing his shell in angst because Darren McCarty will be hitting the ice for the alumni game as well, 18 years after Turtle Day.

Little has been said about the design, something about a diagonal sash going across the chest and some sort of right facing winged D according to sportlogos.net. Not what you would expect from a Red Wings jersey right? What do you guys think? Do you prefer a throwback jersey or something "old-timey" looking like the 2014 NHL Winter Classic jersey? (I really loved and got both jerseys btw).

If something along those lines is what they're bringing to the table I hope they are at least as creative as what Jamie Robertson submitted to Icethetics.co I know, the Red Wings wearing white pants is something I've never seen and one of the two things I'd change, along with that Italic Gothic D.

See you in the comments and LGW!!!

And it's finally here!

post-23619-0-59341800-1448317002_thumb.png

Edited by NerveDamage

I know, that Rivalry was red hot when I started following the Wings. It might sound silly, and I know it's only an exhibition game, but I'm really looking forward for the alumni game

I don't think it's silly.. I think the majority of wings fans are more excited for that than the off brand winter classic :P

It's really a beautiful swater. I love the "throwback" neck. Both of the Winter Classic sweaters are pretty neat. Although Montreal really hit it out of the park...(insert a better hockey reference instead)

Ha.

I honestly don't like the Colorado ones, and the Detroit ones would be worse if I wasnt obviously bias.

But the Montreal ones.

That gorgeous chest stripe is what gets me.

Bringing that same pattern to the sleeves ties it in super well and the old school off white is beautiful with them.

The wings 2013 winter classic jerseys are beautiful. These ones..

These ones.

I just keep seeing the turtle.

Ha.

I honestly don't like the Colorado ones, and the Detroit ones would be worse if I wasnt obviously bias.

But the Montreal ones.

That gorgeous chest stripe is what gets me.

Bringing that same pattern to the sleeves ties it in super well and the old school off white is beautiful with them.

The wings 2013 winter classic jerseys are beautiful. These ones..

These ones.

I just keep seeing the turtle.

The turtle will never get old. It's part of our heritage.

I don't like the colorado Jersey either seems kind of ...meh. So it fits them perfectly, but it gives us hope that they wont use that sash dor the wings design. They might go with a Gothic D since the Avs have the C on their chest, but one can only hope....

After last years stadium series (SJ and LA) was one of the worst I've ever seen, except perhaps for those horrible Ducks and Blues 90's jerseys.

I'm currently missing the 2009 winter classic jersey (stolen in the mail) so I'm waiting to see this years design to see which one I buy first.

Is there any reason why the Wings haven't released their 'sweater' for the 2016 Stadium Series?

If we're lucky.....

I'd love it if they make it more like a sweater, kinda what the Canadiens did with their jersey's neck. Although Colorado will be wearing white so It's most likely that Detroit will be all red.

10e5cb952df3194f73670f509d4bd842.jpg

I'd love to see something like this, or even better

Sadly the picture is just a shoulder with the stadium series pitch soooo, as far as you can tell it literally could just be a red wings home red with the patch haha.... I will say they have done a damn good job keeping it air tight. Most teams are leaked by now.

But off of that picture it won't be the candy cane style...

Edited by Crashnburnluder