• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeymom1960

All Star Skills Competition

Rate this topic

Ok I'm just watching the replay of the game it's so much better than the 5 on 5 regular format--faster and they are really trying--not like the float job we usually see for this game.

Also, what's with that awful green color mixed in the jersey--blech!

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Should we nullify hardest shot records now to because the sticks have flex? It's a skills competition record. It is meaningless fun.

Exactly. It's not like these guys are the best in the league in their skill category, either. I'm sure there's a fast player out there who could break that record who wasn't an all star this year. Same goes for every other category. Larkin was the fastest guy to perform in this years all star game, or anyone else in All Star games, not in hockey history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/john-scott-surprises-patrick-kane-with-big-bodycheck-in-all-star-game--video-012125825.html

hahahaha

regarding Scott's hit on Kane:

“I mean, don’t tell Kaner this, but Central Division rivals set him up for a (suicide) pass,” saidDallas Stars forward Jamie Benn. “John Scott did his part.”

Wow, someone grab him some tissue to clean up.

He's right tho Yzerman was in a league of his own. I don't think Larkin will ever be as good as prime Yzerman was. The guy was just too good at every aspect of the game. He could thread by 2 defenseman or forwards and score in the weirdest of angles.

--------

“They booed me all weekend. I don’t think they like the Blackhawks here,” Kane said. “I didn’t expect it."

Seems like Patrick Kane doesn't have a clue to the real reason why he was booed xD. Or a pretty good cover up comment to the media. Latter is likely true.

Edited by kickazz

just some pictures to remember as this All-Star Weekend closes....

i for one was very entertained and hope the NHL continues with this format for years to come. minus the fan vote. and that is nothing against john scott...believe me.. im so proud of john ... :)

post-23865-0-20479500-1454303083_thumb.png

post-23865-0-10801600-1454303096_thumb.png

Edited by DrRoCkSo_46

Anyone else think that fewer players will want to play in the ASG after this game? 3 on 3 and that kind of feverish pace is a test of endurance, especially if you win and have to play again.

They could have obviously just been saying this because they're professionals and have to but it seemed like a lot of them were saying good things about the new format. I for one think It's kind of goofy, but it did seem like during that last game both teams actually wanted to win, which is unusual for the AS game.

Anyone else think that fewer players will want to play in the ASG after this game? 3 on 3 and that kind of feverish pace is a test of endurance, especially if you win and have to play again.

Shhhh....we shouldn't talk about this!! This could be another issue to spend months negotiating to end the next year-long lockout. :scared: :scared:

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

They could have obviously just been saying this because they're professionals and have to but it seemed like a lot of them were saying good things about the new format. I for one think It's kind of goofy, but it did seem like during that last game both teams actually wanted to win, which is unusual for the AS game.

It's not a secret that many players would rather rest than play in the ASG. My only point is that yesterday's games looked more physically taxing than prior All star games. There was no hitting or shot blocking, but there was a lot of end to end action. I can see the older players not wanting anything to do with that in the future.

It's not a secret that many players would rather rest than play in the ASG. My only point is that yesterday's games looked more physically taxing than prior All star games. There was no hitting or shot blocking, but there was a lot of end to end action. I can see the older players not wanting anything to do with that in the future.

They also looked like they had a lot more fun than they have had in recent years.

The key to keeping the game competitive is to have a few younger players like Larkin in the mix. These kids playing with veteran all-stars are gonna show up to play, which in turn gets the older guys going. Larkin was all over the ice last night. That type of thing is infectious.

Not what I've experienced or heard. A lot of people loved it. The guys worked hard, the goalies worked hard. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

i only watched the one game. so i could be wrong. i just thought the whole 3 on 3 was to get more goals