• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladdy16

ECQF Game 4 Post-GTD: Tampa Bay 3, at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

I said the same thing in the GDT but Mrazek is the golden boy of the board right now. First was real bad. 2nd he overplayed. Third he was out to far on what he thought was gonna be a shot and had to go to far to try and cover it leaving no chance to get to the deflection. If Howard was in net and made the same saves and allowed the same goals all this thread would be full of is how Howard cant make the big save and is poor going side to side.

If Howard allowed the same goals, then he would have allowed them while being more conservative. I'd still take Mrazek.

Don't want Blash, but he has been a huge disappointment for me. I was stoked when he got the job, but he is has become Babcock without actually being able to coach like Babs.

I dont see how he is a disappointment. Hes taken a team that if you go by skill is a middle of the pack team and they finished right in the middle of the pack. Hes gotten them in the exact same spot as Babs, the supposed best coach in hockey, did his last three years here. People say hes only doing what Holland tells him to but he can only ice the people Holland gives him.

Its amazing everyone is calling for Blashills head. Same thing was said about Babs after his first year when the Wings bombed out 5 times harder than this year. Good thing nobody listened to the fans then.

I just want him to coach the way he did in GR. I watched the entire Calder Cup run, and some games the last few years. He always played the young guys in crunch time, he had creative systems, and his teams played tough. When we hit a rut halfway through the year, he turned into Baby Mike and ran down the vets trying desperately to just fall into the playoffs, and fall in we did.

Sounds like I'm the only one not willing to give Mrazek a pass for this game. The first goal was bad, and the last two goals may have been saveable if he didn't overplay the shooter like he always does. He almost gave up a few wraparounds to boot. Guy is way too wild in net.

I missed the first two goals, but I agree the third one looked stoppable. He has 3 goals against, a shutout and 1.53 GAA and ..939 save% though, so he has been pretty solid.

An example of the difference between a successful GM and a not successful GM.

When Yzerman needed cap space, he didn't have any problem buying out Lecavlier even though he was the Captain and a fixture on the Lightening. He realized that the cap hit of $7 million a year was paralyzing his organization and made the move. He didn't think that his hockey club was some kind of "loyalty party" where you stick to guys because they have worn the Winged Wheel honorably.

Holland on the other hand has to buy out Stephen Weiss after he signs an injured player to a ridiculous contract...how do you even make a signing like that if you know the game. Were any other GMs beating down the door to sign that guy? No...and there is a reason why.

Now if Dats leaves, there is a risk that we eat his cap hit. That falls on the GM for signing a guy for too many years when he already knew his heart was wanting to return to Russia. That's on the GM. That's why he gets paid.

We have been on a steady decline since 2008 and i blame Holland. Really the blame falls on Illitch because he keeps do nothing Holland around. Holland's main success was in an era where there was no cap and he could just run around spending Illitch's money. If you look now, Yzerman and Jim Nill are running circles around Kenny Holland.

It's obvious Holland controls who gets the icetime. We're not even coaches and we can see who deserves more and less ice. Holland needs "his" players playing.

If he doesn't trade Pav's contract I'm going to kick him in the balls a piss in his rice krispies.

That would be quite the snap crackle and pop

I missed the first two goals, but I agree the third one looked stoppable. He has 3 goals against, a shutout and 1.53 GAA and ..939 save% though, so he has been pretty solid.

True but Osgood could have come out of the booth and got a shutout in game 3.

An example of the difference between a successful GM and a not successful GM.

When Yzerman needed cap space, he didn't have any problem buying out Lecavlier even though he was the Captain and a fixture on the Lightening. He realized that the cap hit of $7 million a year was paralyzing his organization and made the move. He didn't think that his hockey club was some kind of "loyalty party" where you stick to guys because they have worn the Winged Wheel honorably.

Holland on the other hand has to buy out Stephen Weiss after he signs an injured player to a ridiculous contract...how do you even make a signing like that if you know the game. Were any other GMs beating down the door to sign that guy? No...and there is a reason why.

Now if Dats leaves, there is a risk that we eat his cap hit. That falls on the GM for signing a guy for too many years when he already knew his heart was wanting to return to Russia. That's on the GM. That's why he gets paid.

We have been on a steady decline since 2008 and i blame Holland. Really the blame falls on Illitch because he keeps do nothing Holland around. Holland's main success was in an era where there was no cap and he could just run around spending Illitch's money. If you look now, Yzerman and Jim Nill are running circles around Kenny Holland.

Dont forget he wasted the compliance buyouts on Tootoo and Colaiacovo instead of truly trimming some fat.

I'm pissed too but you guys are freaking paranoid.

It doesn't take orders from Holland to make a coach favor the veterans in a crisis. They didn't step up but I can at least see the logic in giving them the chance. Beyond that Blashill is just stubborn and not very good at adapting. He's not sure of himself yet and hesitated to make leaps of faith. It's not a giant conspiracy.

And seriously, bashing Swedes in general? Hockey fans can be some of the most delusional xenophobes out there.

This sucked but Jesus I hope some of you jump off the bandwagon.

Here's the kicker....The Swedes will all go out together tonight for drinks and spend some of their multi millions on the most expensive drinks like they didn't even play tonight. They'll probably invite Herman to tag along. Swedes care more about National play than they do the NHL.

Holy crap man. Of course Z, Kronwall have aged pretty badly and Ericsson makes a lot of errors but what the heck kind of post is this.. How are you still allowed to post here with your racist comments? Singling out a group and pushing a made up false narrative??

Mods?

Edited by kickazz

Heres the kicker than. A more conservative goalie would have been in better position to stop them.

We're under the assumption that he would still allow those goals. What does that say about him if he's in better position yet still allowed them?

I dont see how he is a disappointment. Hes taken a team that if you go by skill is a middle of the pack team and they finished right in the middle of the pack. Hes gotten them in the exact same spot as Babs, the supposed best coach in hockey, did his last three years here. People say hes only doing what Holland tells him to but he can only ice the people Holland gives him.

That's kind of my point with Blashill. This is a middling, mediocre team regardless. Perfect year for the guy that developed most of these prospects to transition them to larger roles in the NHL.

Instead we get Brad Richards and a shell of Henrik Zetterberg. Again, maybe that is orders from above Blashill, but it better not continue beyond Thursday night.

Holy crap man. Of course Z, Kronwall have aged pretty badly and Ericsson makes a lot of errors but wth kind of post is this.. How are you still allowed to post here with your racist comments? Singling out a group and pushing a made up false narrative??

Mods?

Saying they care more about National Play than the NHL is not racist.

Sorry, it just seems like they don't care. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but more times than not, crap goes south when they're on the ice. Of course it's not their fault they get so much playing time. I guess I should blame others as well.

I just want him to coach the way he did in GR. I watched the entire Calder Cup run, and some games the last few years. He always played the young guys in crunch time, he had creative systems, and his teams played tough. When we hit a rut halfway through the year, he turned into Baby Mike and ran down the vets trying desperately to just fall into the playoffs, and fall in we did.

Blashill can only work with the given talent. In the AHL he had one of the top teams AND coaches against other AHL coaches...now he is in the big league with an average roster coaching against the best coaches in the world some of them with tons of experience and much better teams. His AHL systems simple won't work. Would I love more ice time for the young guns like AA , Mantha

..for sure but people are kidding themselves if they think it would have changed the outcome.

If people want Blashill fired fine who is better and available?Carlyle has the experience and Bouche the system but other than that?

At least this will be a wild off season with a lot of needed changes

Saying they care more about National Play than the NHL is not racist.

Sorry, it just seems like they don't care. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but more times than not, crap goes south when they're on the ice. Of course it's not their fault they get so much playing time. I guess I should blame others as well.

Don't worry about it for some everything that doesn't fit the pc bulls*** must be racist...

You even praised them for caring about their national teams. But yeah in terms of leadership neither holds a candle compared to the captain nor #5.

Btw with soon only 1 original six team remaining and no Canadian teams in the playoffs viewership will plummet even more :)

Edited by frankgrimes

Bottom line is, has hockey players, Z is broke down, Kronwall is too, E stinks and Nyquist has like 2 goals his last 20 games. But they aren't they only issue of course, but outside of Nyquist, they're our veteran leaders and it pains me to see them show no heart or to get so much icetime that they are exposed for the shadow of a player they used to be.

I'll curtail my words and chose them more wisely, but it's not my fault they are all the same nationality. Instead of listing all their names I just say "The Swedes." But I won't do that anymore.

Blashill can only work with the given talent. In the AHL he had one of the top teams AND coaches against other AHL coaches...now he is in the big league with an average roster coaching against the best coaches in the world some of them with tons of experience and much better teams. His AHL systems simple won't work. Would I love more ice time for the young guns like AA , Mantha

..for sure but people are kidding themselves if they think it would have changed the outcome.

If people want Blashill fired fine who is better and available?Carlyle has the experience and Bouche the system but other than that?

At least this will be a wild off season with a lot of needed changes

It isn't about changing the outcome. It is about the fact there is far more to gain from having Anthony Mantha get playoff experience than Joakim Andersson not kill penalties. Or letting AA loose instead of more Brad Richards. Or having Brendan Smith scratched for two games while Ericsson plays out his horrendous contract.

There can be value in losing. What are the Red Wings getting right now if Tampa wraps this up on Thursday? An extension of the playoff streak, which is seemingly the top priority of the organization anyways, so maybe they will be content.

I just want to see a direction with this team. If they are going to be a first round exit with the veterans, why not try something else that could be positive going forward? It is so frustrating to see how reluctant management is to allow players to develop in the NHL. I get it if you are a Stanley Cup contender -- overripe works then. But the Red Wings aren't and haven't been for seven years and they are clinging to the same tired philosophy.