• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2016 Detroit Red Wings Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

Khan: "#RedWings Ken Holland said roster pretty much set for start of season. A little under cap after factoring in what RFAs will cost."

Maybe just trying to play calm, obviously there's time, but doesn't look like that D trade is coming anytime soon.. Hopefully that'll bring the price down

Khan: "#RedWings Ken Holland said roster pretty much set for start of season. A little under cap after factoring in what RFAs will cost."

Maybe just trying to play calm, obviously there's time, but doesn't look like that D trade is coming anytime soon.. Hopefully that'll bring the price down

He doesn't need to mention wanting a trade right now. He is definitely looking into it as he has 8 defensemen, 15 forwards right now. Those are the players who cannot be sent down, so he currently has 2 extra forwards and 1 extra d-man. Something has to give there.

Assuming it will look something like this

Zetterberg nielson abdelkader

Athanasiou Larkin vanek

Helm sheahan Tatar/nyquist

Miller glendening ott

Or switch vanek with Tatar/nyquist

Knowing Ken holland and his bulls*** overripe Anthony mantha wil be in Grand Rapids regardless of anything he says to the media unless he's stupid enough to trade him

That will leave

Jurco pulkkinen frk nyquist/Tatar and I'm assuming jurco/frk will be 13th forward

Pulkkinen is gone ... Frk or jurco as well , I just hope none are through waivers and mantha is in Grand Rapids 100% unless he's dealt or Tatar and nyquist are both dealt which seems unlikely

So seems the wings keep on giving nothing to the kids ... Just the way holland loves it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

He doesn't need to mention wanting a trade right now. He is definitely looking into it as he has 8 defensemen, 15 forwards right now. Those are the players who cannot be sent down, so he currently has 2 extra forwards and 1 extra d-man. Something has to give there.

Oh I agree.. That's what I meant by "trying to play it calm." Lots of time until the season starts..

Boedker 4 years, 4 million per with San Jose. Yet another guy it seems we may have been in on (according to chatter). Would have rather had him over Helm. He can at least produce points.

He's a lesser Nyquist/Tatar. Not worth it.

Assuming it will look something like this

Zetterberg nielson abdelkader

Athanasiou Larkin vanek

Helm sheahan Tatar/nyquist

Miller glendening ott

Or switch vanek with Tatar/nyquist

Knowing Ken holland and his bulls*** overripe Anthony mantha wil be in Grand Rapids regardless of anything he says to the media unless he's stupid enough to trade him

That will leave

Jurco pulkkinen frk nyquist/Tatar and I'm assuming jurco/frk will be 13th forward

Pulkkinen is gone ... Frk or jurco as well , I just hope none are through waivers and mantha is in Grand Rapids 100% unless he's dealt or Tatar and nyquist are both dealt which seems unlikely

So seems the wings keep on giving nothing to the kids ... Just the way holland loves it

Get a grip. "Over-ripe" is a euphemism for "isn't good enough." Look at Larkin. He played for the Wings as a 19-year-old rookie because he was good enough to do so.

Get a grip. "Over-ripe" is a euphemism for "isn't good enough." Look at Larkin. He played for the Wings as a 19-year-old rookie because he was good enough to do so.

That's not true in every case ... Nyquist and Tatar stayed in Grand Rapids like 4 years when most of us said they were ready (and they were)

Redwings were always about the veterans , only way kids got a shot to prove themselves were cause we were forced to play them due to injuries

Larkin is a special case

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Pretty much our lineup will look like this:

Larkin - Z - Abdelkader

Nyquist - Nielsen - Vanek

Helm - She - Tatar

Miller - LG - Ott

Jurco

AA and Mantha = Grand Rapids

DeKe - Kronwall

Errorson - Green

Smith - Marchenko

Ouellet

I suspect a trade will be made for D help involving Nyquist or Tatar, so AA or Mantha (maybe both) will be up with the big club.

That's not true in every case ... Nyquist and Tatar stayed in Grand Rapids like 4 years when most of us said they were ready (and they were)

Redwings were always about the veterans , only way kids got a shot to prove themselves were cause we were forced to play them due to injuries

Larkin is a special case

You're obviously too young to remember the days of Paul Ysebaert, Kevin Miller, Sheldon Kennedy, Keith Primeau, and the numerous other young guys the Wings played before the glory years of the late 90s began.

Also, how long do you think Fedorov, Lidstrom, Konstantinov, and Yzerman played in the minors?

You're point about Larkin is exactly right, though. He's a special case, a top 5 talent that fell to us in the draft. Most of the other kids we draft aren't ready for the spotlight, hence "not good enough" (i.e.--destined for "overripening").

When the Wings start drafting higher, we'll see the overripening philosophy diminish. Just like in the early 90s.

Edited by Internet.Unknown