• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Should any of #91, #13, #40, #30 be retired? Poll/Discussion

Rate this topic

Should any of #91, #13, #40, #30 be retired?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, paulwoodsfan said:

Fedorov for sure. The best player in hockey for a season, and one of the top 10 for many seasons.

Datsyuk for sure. Widely regarded by his peers around the league as the most talented two-way player and the most dangerous to play against.

Zetterberg yes. Captain of a Stanley Cup champion and a warrior for 15 years and counting.

Osgood no. Never close to the best goalie in the league. Two Cups is nothing to sneeze at but he wasn't the main reason either Cup was won.

Osgood first has to get into the HOF, in my opinion.  His case gains a lot of strength if that happens.

2 hours ago, paulwoodsfan said:

Fedorov for sure. The best player in hockey for a season, and one of the top 10 for many seasons.

Datsyuk for sure. Widely regarded by his peers around the league as the most talented two-way player and the most dangerous to play against.

Zetterberg yes. Captain of a Stanley Cup champion and a warrior for 15 years and counting.

Osgood no. Never close to the best goalie in the league. Two Cups is nothing to sneeze at but he wasn't the main reason either Cup was won.

Zetterberg was never Captain of a Cup champion. 

If Zetterberg keeps going like this, where it really feels like he's giving it all to put the team on his back, I'd say he would deserve it. Datsyuk is probably my favorite player of all time, but I think he would've had to have stuck around a bit longer for a jersey retirement. As it is there's just a funny taste from his leaving prematurely, even if I personally am not that upset about it.

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Zetterberg was never Captain of a Cup champion. 

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I'm guessing he was thinking "led the '08 team" due to his Conn Smythe.

Well assistant captain technically speaking. Him and Datsyuk/Draper. They were all part of the leadership group. 

Edited by kickazz

50 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...so using your logic Fedorov captained a team to a Cup victory. That's awesome, yet another reason his number must go up!

I didn't come up with any logic. I pointed out that Z was assistant. You could say that both Z and Fedorov were both part of the leadership core in the stanley cup victories. Unfortunately for Feds though he was stripped of his title. That's not a good thing. Bringing up how Feds was an "A" doesn't work in his favor. He got stripped of that title. The things to focus on would be stuff like his accomplishments and franchise records with the team. I did some of that stuff in the initial pages of this thread in the summer.

37 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I didn't come up with any logic. I pointed out that Z was assistant. You could say that both Z and Fedorov were both part of the leadership core in the stanley cup victories. Unfortunately for Feds though he was stripped of his title. That's not a good thing. Bringing up how Feds was an "A" doesn't work in his favor. He got stripped of that title. The things to focus on would be stuff like his accomplishments and franchise records with the team. I did some of that stuff in the initial pages of this thread in the summer.

Ur just butthurt 

6 hours ago, Number19 said:

Sergei, Pavel, Hank for me. I love Ozzie but he wasn't consistent enough. It would have worked wonders for his legacy if we won in 2009 and he captured the Conn Smythe.

Should've won it in 08. A couple guys had a great chance in 08. Z had that one shift in game 6 that made people vote for him. Still could've won it in 09, he was the best player on the ice.

18 hours ago, kliq said:

I'm guessing he was thinking "led the '08 team" due to his Conn Smythe.

Yeah, my mistake. Z was an almost unstoppable force that year, especially in the final where he seemed to practically will the team to victory.

13 and 40 for sure they were here for their whole career and carried this team with Lindstrom for this generation. Ozzy no I even had to think for a sec "who was 30?"  91 I tend to think yes but not as big of a deal if they dident. 13 and 40 are a big yes.

21 hours ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

13 and 40 for sure they were here for their whole career and carried this team with Lindstrom for this generation. Ozzy no I even had to think for a sec "who was 30?"  91 I tend to think yes but not as big of a deal if they dident. 13 and 40 are a big yes.

Uh....13 walked away from his contract, if leaving Detroit disqualifies Fedorov, then no way to Datsyuk. Plus technically 13 was traded.

BUT, IMO all four should be yes.

When #40 raised in the rafters some ya'll gonna eat uncooked crow. Ansar opinion about Z status. 

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/01/ask_ansar_on_futures_of_red_wi.html

Q: With Winnipeg in need of some help at center, is a Zetterberg for the Winnipeg first-rounder plausible? I know I already asked you last month about (Petr) Mrazek’s trade value, but do you think we could get Pittsburgh’s second-rounder with (Matt) Murray struggling? – Chris

A: Zetterberg isn’t going anywhere. He is one of those rare players, like the captains before him -- Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom – who is destined to play his entire NHL career as a Red Wing and get his number raised to the rafters one day.

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

When #40 raised in the rafters some ya'll gonna eat uncooked crow. Ansar opinion about Z status. 

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/01/ask_ansar_on_futures_of_red_wi.html

Q: With Winnipeg in need of some help at center, is a Zetterberg for the Winnipeg first-rounder plausible? I know I already asked you last month about (Petr) Mrazek’s trade value, but do you think we could get Pittsburgh’s second-rounder with (Matt) Murray struggling? – Chris

A: Zetterberg isn’t going anywhere. He is one of those rare players, like the captains before him -- Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom – who is destined to play his entire NHL career as a Red Wing and get his number raised to the rafters one day.

Holland already said in one of his offseason interviews that Z would be in the rafters.

91-Fedorov: Stanley Cup, HOF, individual award = yes, now

13-Datsyuk: Stanley Cup, individual award = yes, after induction into HOF

40-Zetterberg: same as Datsyuk

30-Osgood: Stanley Cup, shared award = complicated

He does not have an individual award to his name nor is he in the HOF. Until then, no, his number should not be retired and placed in the rafters. Even of he gets into the Hall, its still dicey. I could go either way.

I would like to see some kind of official decirculation of jerseys too. We all know that Aurie's 6 and Vladdy's 16 are no longer used. Why not have a "Ring or Wall of Honor" to recognize them? Also, I would like to see Fischer's 8 added to it. I mean the guy almost died on the bench wearing a Wings jersey.