• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/10 GDT : at Red Wings 3, Vancouver Canucks 1

Nice looking GDT but your lines need to be updates...

14 - 40 - 71

21 - 51 - 8

72 - 43 - 59

15 - 41 - 29

I like that Blashill finally made the switch putting Nyquist with Zetterberg and Tatar with Nielsen. Now if we could just scratch Ott, call-up Mantha, put him in Bertuzzi's spot and move Bert down to the 4th line, it would be close to perfect...

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Khan noted the Wings practiced with those lines (krsmith's lines). I'm assuming they're going to at least start with the lines from Tuesday night and, depending on how things go, maybe switch to the new-look lines. Guess we'll see.

ohh, ok. I thought they were the same as last game and, with Blash, you never know what lines he's gonna use.

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Khan noted the Wings practiced with those lines (krsmith's lines). I'm assuming they're going to at least start with the lines from Tuesday night and, depending on how things go, maybe switch to the new-look lines. Guess we'll see.

Why would they start with the lines from Tuesday? Generally when we practice with specific lines, they're the lines we use in the next game (assuming everyone is healthy). I'm thinking we will start with the lines from practice today, and depending on how things go, maybe he'll revert back to Tuesday's (or some other) line combos...

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why would they start with the lines from Tuesday?

Why not? We won the game and we've generally been playing not-entirely-terrible hockey lately with those lines. And now we're going up against a bad Canucks team on home ice. The Wings tend to be pretty "If it ain't broke..." about these things. Personally, though, I like the new lines better and I'm hoping we start with them.

38 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Why not? We won the game and we've generally been playing not-entirely-terrible hockey lately with those lines. And now we're going up against a bad Canucks team on home ice. The Wings tend to be pretty "If it ain't broke..." about these things. Personally, though, I like the new lines better and I'm hoping we start with them.

Actually, now that I think about it...the "new" lines were actually utilized a bit in the win on Tuesday, no? So, yeah, they probably will go with those lines tonight (at least at the beginning).

38 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Why would you only quote the first part? Why would they practice with lines on game day only to revert back to the lines of the previous game? Makes no sense. Unless there are injuries / maintenence days (which in this case, there weren't)...

Howard was in the starters net today too, do you think there's any chance Mrazek starts? Again unless Howard suffers an injury or becomes ill...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Why would you only quote the first part? Why would they practice with lines on game day only to revert back to the lines of the previous game? Makes no sense. Unless there are injuries / maintenence days (which in this case, there weren't)...

Howard was in the starters net today too, do you think there's any chance Mrazek starts? Again unless Howard suffers an injury or becomes ill...

I only quoted the first part because we both understand the second part; generally, yes, the lines in practice are the lines they're going with. I'm not disputing that, nor am I saying, "Well, Howard was in the starter's net today, but that doesn't mean anything. Could just as easily be Mrazek in net tonight." I just felt it would be somewhat uncharacteristic of the Wings -- the Wings' head coach, basically -- to change up the lines right after a badly needed win in which we generally played pretty well (at least by our early-season standards). But, like I just mentioned, I've just remembered that there was some juggling of the lines during that game -- so, yes, we probably will see the new-look lines tonight. I am a fool and I feel great shame.

Anyway, my point was, based on what they practiced with today, that's what we'll likely see to start tonight. I agree that they shouldn't and rarely don't change the lines after a win, especially when they play one of their most complete games all year. But if they weren't going to change them for tonight's game, they probably wouldn't have changed them for today's pracrice...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I only quoted the first part because we both understand the second part; generally, yes, the lines in practice are the lines they're going with. I'm not disputing that, nor am I saying, "Well, Howard was in the starter's net today, but that doesn't mean anything. Could just as easily be Mrazek in net tonight." I just felt it would be somewhat uncharacteristic of the Wings -- the Wings' head coach, basically -- to change up the lines right after a badly needed win in which we generally played pretty well (at least by our early-season standards). But, like I just mentioned, I've just remembered that there was some juggling of the lines during that game -- so, yes, we probably will see the new-look lines tonight. I am a fool and I feel great shame.

I guess it's okay, as long as you feel shame.

12 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

are you able to watch tonight, ScOtt?  or do you need updates?

I am home. :)

Had a late day at work due to ratifying the arbitrator's decision (in our favor!) in our contract dispute, here's hoping the Wings win big and the board also ratifies so we have a contract after over a year without.

Speaking of Photoshop skills, I'd sure like to see a photo of Kaepernick kneeling during the Anthem with Negan from The Walking Dead striking him In the head with Lucille...

That being said, Go Wings!

lol, you should change your name to FarRightWinger. ;)

Edited by NerveDamage