• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/10 GDT : at Red Wings 3, Vancouver Canucks 1

Just now, F.Michael said:

This just in...Jimmy didn't wear his hat in reverse in the post game interview (or as I call it - ****** bag style) thus showing that  his testes have finally descended, and he's playing his game like a man, and the results are showing.

I had to laugh at that.  

1 minute ago, Echolalia said:

I think both he and Mrazek play better when they have something to prove.  Now that his position as starter is in question, I expect when Mrazek gets another chance between the pipes he will be solid.

I agree.  As I said in another thread, I think Petr eased up mentally after he was anointed as the starter.  How about the job new goalie coach Jeff Salajko is doing thus far?

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Imagine if he becomes the starter, wins the Vezina and takes us to the Stanley cup and we end up trading Mrazek. You won't be too happy will you? 

Damn shame when you can't enjoy a great performance just because it doesn't fit the narrative of your online persona.  You are hitting the nail on the head, kickazz.

51 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Imagine if he becomes the starter, wins the Vezina and takes us to the Stanley cup and we end up trading Mrazek. You won't be too happy will you? 

Ya right. Jimmy who always chokes in the playoffs. Hes had 1 good playoffs run. Thats it. He couldnt even get things done with nick lidstrom and rafalski on this team. You guys stuck with howard is silly because in the end he always ends up faultering. Petr is the guy and i will be smiling when we finally pull off a trade for howard soon enough.

Just got back from the game, nice game boys!

If I had to pick before the game started, the three players that would account for the goal that would put the game away in the third period. I dont care how many guesses you gave me, I would NEVER have picked Ott by E and Marchenko lol.

Not sure if it came across on TV, but one of the coolest moments of the game was after Miller made that second baseman like save, he got a standing ovation from the fans. Cool moment to be a part of.

Edited by kliq

6 hours ago, wings_fanatic said:

Ya right. Jimmy who always chokes in the playoffs. Hes had 1 good playoffs run. Thats it. He couldnt even get things done with nick lidstrom and rafalski on this team. You guys stuck with howard is silly because in the end he always ends up faultering. Petr is the guy and i will be smiling when we finally pull off a trade for howard soon enough.

But what if the scenario I said plays out? Would you be sad?

1 hour ago, Echolalia said:

He seems pretty annoyed now that Blashill has the gall to play statistically the best goalie in the league over the guy who isn't even in the top 30 for goals against and save percentage.

It amazes me that right now we have the best goalie in the league statistically and people still hate on the guy. 

We've got some realgud loyal fans. 

Seems many just log in to *****. I agree Howard has been great lately, he's playing like a legit #1 for a top-tier playoff team. We need both him and Mrazek to be demigods if we are going to squeeze in for another run.

Our next game I doubt any of those two will be able to steal though. Montreal is clicking like they did in the early 70's. But that game will be quite interesting to watch, how will we hold up against a really good looking divisional rival..

Jimmy is healthy and playing great, we can't leave points out there, the race will be too close.  Can't force Mrazek back in the net to try and get him going. Go with the hot hand. 

5 hours ago, puckbags said:

Jimmy is healthy and playing great, we can't leave points out there, the race will be too close.  Can't force Mrazek back in the net to try and get him going. Go with the hot hand. 

I agree with this, Howard is playing the best he has in years, Mrazek so far, not close to as good as he can be. BUT, you have to give Mrazek a start soon either way. If he is indeed the number 1 guy (but it seems to me now that that was more of a tentative thing, because you don't let your starter sit for three games in the regular season no matter how good his backup is playing), then you have to get him back to playing like he is. I'm sure watching Howard start three in a row and playing excellent has got him fired up to come back strong. He's got a lot of pride and confidence in himself, always has. So i'm sure it's sucked for him to see his job taken and he wants it back badly. That's what he needed though, a kick in the ass to not get complacent and play his best every night. This team clearly relys on strong goaltending above all.