• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Frans Nielsen will represent Red Wings at NHL All-Star Game

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Fran's Nielsen nhl all star , sounds like another Rory Fitzpatrick debacle ... He should enjoy his first all star game cause it'll be his last

 

holland should use  this to trade him and keep vanek ... Vanek is a perfect fit 

That's not fair.  He was a good player before he came to Detroit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That's not fair.  He was a good player before he came to Detroit.  

Agreed, he was a good player and is still producing at close to his normal pace as well.  But he wasn't all star caliber, isn't now and likely never will be.  I agree with the sentiment though as the comment about him was a knock against him, so maybe to harsh, but there is truth behind it (good player, not all star).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nielsen is a very good 2nd line center, nobody should be criticizing him for playing the way he is playing. FIrst line centers get about 8+ mil per year, he gets 5.25 which fits right line in for a second line center. With that being said, he is not an all star caliber player. Its not his fault that we dont have elite players around him right now.

Edited by kliq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Number19 said:

Players more deserving.. Z, Mantha, Vanek, Green, Howard. I haven't really watched the AS game since the 05 lockout. It's not exciting if the best players aren't playing.

Ridiculous!  I'm very happy for Frans.  He is definitely worthy and deserving.  A lot of bitter people on here.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nielsen isn't a horrible player but he's nowhere near an NHL all star , and we'll be regretting that long ass contract he got in a few years 

 

won't happen but we should try moving him and keep vanek as he's surprisingly turned out to be a great fit and we can't keep both  

No trade clause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'm aware 

 

guesss I'm hoping we tell him we made a mistake and it would be best to part ways , why would he stick around if we don't want him 

 

 

all this being said I know he won't be dealt

Ppl tend to forget but these guys are PEOPLE with FAMILIES. When you sign a long contract with an NMC in your 30s with a mediocre team, part of that is leaving money on the table so that you can have guarranteed stability so that you can raise your family without uprooting them possibly multiple times.

IDK if you have a family or not, but if my company requested to trade me (with my family following) to a competitor in a different city (earning the same money) id tell them to pound sand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 3:20 PM, frankgrimes said:

If captain serious wasn't a Blackhawk I think he would get more respect. Yes, the guy has a down year but - it pains me to say it - he is a tremendous leader and an absolute stud when it counts the most...in the playoffs. Him admitting that he doesn't deserve it this year just shows how mature this kid is.

Are you seriously trying to sell the idea that playing on Chicago has hurt his public perception? Toews gets more love and media attention then anyone in the NHL not named Crosby and has been talked about for years as if he is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NHL.

If Towes didnt play for Chicago and lets say played for Carolina, at best he would be thought of as a Patrice Bergeron. More likely, he wouldn't even be talked about. Playing on Chicago with Seabrook, Keith, Kane, Hossa and company has given the illusion that he is an all time great.

Very good player, but not as good as the media makes him out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kliq said:

Are you seriously trying to sell the idea that playing on Chicago has hurt his public perception? Toews gets more love and media attention then anyone in the NHL not named Crosby and has been talked about for years as if he is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NHL.

If Towes didnt play for Chicago and lets say played for Carolina, at best he would be thought of as a Patrice Bergeron. More likely, he wouldn't even be talked about. Playing on Chicago with Seabrook, Keith, Kane, Hossa and company has given the illusion that he is an all time great.

Very good player, but not as good as the media makes him out to be.

NO I think because he plays for the Hawks some DRW fans do have problem admitting how good this guy really is. Yes, he is struggling but guess what if he goes into beastmode come playofftime nobody would care about his regular season. I mean I hated the Avs with passion but I just couldn't bring myself to hate Sakic, it's the same with captain serious.

Guy has won at every level and is an excellent 2 way center. If some people think he isn't elite fine, I do and there aren't too many guys I'd take over him.

btw. could some mods rename this as the ASG thread please?

Edited by frankgrimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

NO I think because he plays for the Hawks some DRW fans do have problem admitting how good this guy really is. Yes, he is struggling but guess what if he goes into beastmode come playofftime nobody would care about his regular season. I mean I hated the Avs with passion but I just couldn't bring myself to hate Sakic, it's the same with captain serious.

Guy has won at every level and is an excellent 2 way center. If some people think he isn't elite fine, I do and there aren't too many guys I'd take over him.

You're right, the guy has won at every level. He has been lucky enough his entire career to play with great players around him. He has never had to be "the guy" at the NHL level. On his own team I would say he is the 4th most valuable player behind Kane, Seabrook, and Keith (you could even argue 5th with Panarin). At the Olympic level he's won, but again surrounded by elite level talent (Keith, Weber, Doughty, Price, Crosby etc.). 

I'm not saying Toews is a bad player, he is a very good 2 way center but the fact that you compare him to Sakic just proves my point of how he is the most overrated player in the NHL. Him being added to the all-star game even proves that further. He is the captain of a team that wins in a big market and makes the NHL money, as a result he is pushed to the moon as "a star", Toews has had the success he's had because he's never played on a team not surrounded by all-stars/elite talent. Like I said, put him on Carolina and he's Patrice Bergeron at best, but more likely he's a solid 60 point scorer who nobody talks about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kliq said:

You're right, the guy has won at every level. He has been lucky enough his entire career to play with great players around him. He has never had to be "the guy" at the NHL level. On his own team I would say he is the 4th most valuable player behind Kane, Seabrook, and Keith (you could even argue 5th with Panarin). At the Olympic level he's won, but again surrounded by elite level talent (Keith, Weber, Doughty, Price, Crosby etc.). 

I'm not saying Toews is a bad player, he is a very good 2 way center but the fact that you compare him to Sakic just proves my point of how he is the most overrated player in the NHL. Him being added to the all-star game even proves that further. He is the captain of a team that wins in a big market and makes the NHL money, as a result he is pushed to the moon as "a star", Toews has had the success he's had because he's never played on a team not surrounded by all-stars/elite talent. Like I said, put him on Carolina and he's Patrice Bergeron at best, but more likely he's a solid 60 point scorer who nobody talks about. 

Put him on Carolina and hes Eric Staal. Put Eric Staal on Chicago and hes Jonathan Toews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

NO I think because he plays for the Hawks some DRW fans do have problem admitting how good this guy really is. Yes, he is struggling but guess what if he goes into beastmode come playofftime nobody would care about his regular season. I mean I hated the Avs with passion but I just couldn't bring myself to hate Sakic, it's the same with captain serious.

Guy has won at every level and is an excellent 2 way center. If some people think he isn't elite fine, I do and there aren't too many guys I'd take over him.

btw. could some mods rename this as the ASG thread please?

Wow lol comparing Toews to Sakic. It's people like you who overrate Toews. And it's people like us who call you out for ridiculous comparisons. 

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Put him on Carolina and hes Eric Staal. Put Eric Staal on Chicago and hes Jonathan Toews. 

Exactly.. It must be real nice to have Kieth, Hossa, Kane , Sharp (previously) Panarin, Anisomov, and Crawford on your team. 

 

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kliq said:

 Toews has had the success he's had because he's never played on a team not surrounded by all-stars/elite talent. Like I said, put him on Carolina and he's Patrice Bergeron at best, but more likely he's a solid 60 point scorer who nobody talks about. 

Kopitar and Bergeron > Toews imo. 

Kopitar better offensive, Bergeron better defensive. All three 2-way players but Toews is the only overrated one.

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toews is the next Dustin Brown. His decline is bad and it's about to get worse. 

People always held Brown on a pedestal and overlooked Kopitar and Carter*. Kane, Kieth, Panarin are the MVPs of that team. Toews is a good leader and faceoff man. Offense is average. Defense is elite.

Edited by kickazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kliq said:

Nielsen is a very good 2nd line center, nobody should be criticizing him for playing the way he is playing. FIrst line centers get about 8+ mil per year, he gets 5.25 which fits right line in for a second line center. With that being said, he is not an all star caliber player. Its not his fault that we dont have elite players around him right now.

That's actually not at all true.  There are currently only 6 out of the 30 teams in the league that pay their first line centers $8M or more, which includes Tampa and I'm not 100% sure whether Stamkos is a center or not...he's played both C and W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kliq said:

Nielsen is a very good 2nd line center, nobody should be criticizing him for playing the way he is playing. FIrst line centers get about 8+ mil per year, he gets 5.25 which fits right line in for a second line center. With that being said, he is not an all star caliber player. Its not his fault that we dont have elite players around him right now.

To think some of these users bashing Nielsen are the same ones that wanted Ladd :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

That's actually not at all true.  There are currently only 6 out of the 30 teams in the league that pay their first line centers $8M or more, which includes Tampa and I'm not 100% sure whether Stamkos is a center or not...he's played both C and W

Ok, maybe I should have said 7mil plus. Either way 5.25 is 2nd line centre money which is my point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this