• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/18 GDT - Red Wings vs Bruins - 8:00 PM EST

3 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

This is ridiculous. Every frickin game our dmen are tipping pucks past our goalies. If you arent going to block the shot then get the frick out of the way. Ericsson is garbage. Pure garbage. Petr should be pissed becasuse he is playing very well tonight. Ericsson needs to go.

Yeah, the defensemen should get their psychic chips readjusted in their brains so they know exactly where the puck is going before it's shot so they can block it 100% of the time. 

I don't see how you can logically keep bringing this argument up. Defenders attempt to block it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You act like it's entirely their decision to tip it or block it once it's shot. It makes zero sense. 

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Yeah, the defensemen should get their psychic chips readjusted in their brains so they know exactly where the puck is going before it's shot so they can block it 100% of the time. 

I don't see how you can logically keep bringing this argument up. Defenders attempt to block it, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You act like it's entirely their decision to tip it or block it once it's shot. It makes zero sense. 

I have never seen a team literally deflect pucks past its goalie almost every game. Maybe once every 10 games or so. But its consistent with our team which tells me there is a problem with their system. The coaches need to do a better job of getting in the shooting lane or as lunquivst has always said, get out of the way. 

3 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Why?  It wouldn't have mattered anyway.  Not our goalies fault that our dman like to put pucks in our net.  

true but his been pretty good might have leveled out a few that petr couldnt

Just now, wings_fanatic said:

I have never seen a team literally deflect pucks past its goalie almost every game. Maybe once every 10 games or so. But its consistent with our team which tells me there is a problem with their system. The coaches need to do a better job of getting in the shooting lane or as lunquivst has always said, get out of the way. 

Well, considering how poorly this team defends the point and how unwilling they are to block shots, it's not surprising they deflect a lot of pucks in.  

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

well, poo... I wanted them to tie it in the last few seconds of the period, but I will settle for a goal off the first face off beginning of the 3rd. 

it could happen.  it will... LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo pooooooooo!

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Well, considering how poorly this team defends the point and how unwilling they are to block shots, it's not surprising they deflect a lot of pucks in.  

theres a problem with our d Ericsson should not play another game in a red wings jersey flat out 

1 minute ago, sjr2012 said:

true but his been pretty good might have leveled out a few that petr couldnt

Well if we're blaming the goalies, then Coreau shouldn't have let 3 in to begin with...but I'm not blaming him for all of them.  Sure could have kept him in and then what, who knows.  Seems to be our goalies again are not our problem so much.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Defending the points is a huge issue, we weren't great at it under Babs, but now it's even worse.

5 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

You see a goal go in deflected off a defensemen for a goal once every 10 games? That's an absurd claim unless you are very, very new to watching hockey. There is about a half inch difference between blocking a shot and defecting it away from the net, or it clipping a shin guard and going on net. You don't coach that, that's flat out chance and luck once you commit to putting your body in front of the shot. Mrazek's rebound control is awful right now, i'd rather take my chances on the D trying to block the shot over letting him face the shot head on and relying on the D to clean up the rebound.

Just now, wings_fanatic said:

The coaches need to do a better job of getting in the shooting lane

Is there a rule that explicitly prohibits the stacking of coaches in front of the crease? Like a pillow fort, except the pillows are coaches.

Guys, I think we might be on to something here!

3 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Well if we're blaming the goalies, then Coreau shouldn't have let 3 in to begin with...but I'm not blaming him for all of them.  Sure could have kept him in and then what, who knows.  Seems to be our goalies again are not our problem so much.  

got me there .............i just would love one of the 3 of our guys to stand out and i was hoping maybe Jared would be it love that his 6 6 he reminds me of bishop if he became our number 1 id be totally cool with that but his got to have better d in front of him problem is if he does we got a problem with jimmy/mrazek

Edited by sjr2012

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Is there a rule that explicitly prohibits the stacking of coaches in front of the crease? Like a pillow fort, except the pillows are coaches.

We need to hire a lot more coaches to clog the shooting lanes

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Well, I have it on good authority that there ain't no rule that says that a dog can't play basketball, so ...

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

We need to hire a lot more coaches to clog the shooting lanes

Well, I mean, we wouldn't stop at the three bench coaches. Goalie coach. Paul Boyer. Chris Chelios. Kris Draper. Dan Cleary. Ken Holland. Pretty much everyone. Even if they're not officially part of the coaching staff. Desperate times call for desperate measures.