• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/18 GDT - Red Wings vs Bruins - 8:00 PM EST

12 hours ago, NotTooAbby said:

I've watched him in preseason games for the past few years and have always been a fan... Anyone else loving them some Jensen?

Also, bench E immediately.

I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of Jensen. In the past, I ALWAYS added him to my roster. If/when he gets sent back down, he may not clear waivers this time. Which will be a sad day in the organization when we possibly lose him in order to have Ericsson and Kronwall. All 4 of Sproul, XO, Marchenko and Jensen should be playing over those two.

Vanek is almost a PPG player (3 pts. short) and is now tied for most goals on the team and most points despite missing 11 games.

Mrazek is the 11th goalie in the league for Shoutout stop % (jimmy's 10th) and has more attempts than anyone lower on the ranking (there's some with only 2-4 attempts that skew the ranking)

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nhl/stats/goalie-shootout-save-percentage/2016/

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

If Zetterberg plays a few more games with this intensity he will be injured. I can guarantee it. We need someone else to step up and be the energy guy.

Vanek makes me consider getting his jersey, nice pickup this year indeed.

A big win.

Edited by Jacksoni

13 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

If Zetterberg plays a few more games with this intensity he will be injured. I can guarantee it. We need someone else to step up and be the energy guy.

Z's not practicing today, but that's probably just to give him some rest.

In injury news, Ott apparently has a shoulder issue and might go to IR. Also, Helm might play tomorrow. Good coincidence if these 2 things might happen at the same time so we don't have to send anyone down.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

12 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Z's not practicing today, but that's probably just to give him some rest.

In injury news, Ott apparently has a shoulder issue and might go to IR. Also, Helm might play tomorrow. Good coincidence if these 2 things might happen at the same time so we don't have to send anyone down.

It seems like Holland always get "lucky" with an injury, just as someone else is ready to come back... What really happens behind closed doors?... :scared:

Seriously though, this is great news. Good to see Helm nearing a return, and as much as I would hope that Miller or Ott would be the odd man out (waived), I'm not convinced it wouldn't be Jurco... and that would be a terrible mistake in my opinion...

It's been mentioned countless times on here, but that's not how LTIR works. Helm's cap hit never came off the books when he went on LTIR. The team is just permitted to exceed the cap by the $3.8M. We don't need to clear cap space for Helm to come back, we just need to clear a body. My hope is that body is Ott or Miller, not Jurco...

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I've ALWAYS been a huge fan of Jensen. In the past, I ALWAYS added him to my roster. If/when he gets sent back down, he may not clear waivers this time. Which will be a sad day in the organization when we possibly lose him in order to have Ericsson and Kronwall. All 4 of Sproul, XO, Marchenko and Jensen should be playing over those two.

I may be wrong, but since he cleared waivers at the beginning of the season, isn't he exempt from waivers for the rest of this season?

32 minutes ago, kliq said:

I may be wrong, but since he cleared waivers at the beginning of the season, isn't he exempt from waivers for the rest of this season?

I think there is a time limit to him being sent back. If he is here for less than the limit, I think he's safe, if he stays over, he's not...I'm just not sure what the cutoff is.

Pretty sure the waiver rule still applies to Jensen since he has played a total of 10 games and / or been on the active roster for 30 cumulative days... I'd hate to lose Jensen. If we absolutely have to waive a player, I'm hoping it's Marchenko... but thinking it would be Jensen, or even worse again, Sproul...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Pretty sure the waiver rule still applies to Jensen since he has played a total of 10 games and / or been on the active roster for 30 cumulative days... I'd hate to lose Jensen. If we absolutely have to waive a player, I'm hoping it's Marchenko... but thinking it would be Jensen, or even worse again, Sproul...

Marchenko would get claimed. Maybe Sproul. Jensen is safe.

Well we have Helm, Howard, Kronwall, and Smith coming back......I could see them sending down Coreau as no need to roll with 3 goalies, and hopefully Ott, and Miller. I could also see Smith being traded, even if Holland is not looking to sell. 

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Marchenko would get claimed. Maybe Sproul. Jensen is safe.

I never want to lose an asset for nothing, but I'd rather risk losing Marchenko than Sproul or Jensen. And while Jensen might slip through waivers, I'd say zero chance Sproul does...

Sproul >> Jensen >> Marchenko in my opinion.

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Well we have Helm, Howard, Kronwall, and Smith coming back......I could see them sending down Coreau as no need to roll with 3 goalies, and hopefully Ott, and Miller. I could also see Smith being traded, even if Holland is not looking to sell. 

I don't want to trade Smith, but I do agree that it's a possibility and maybe even best for the team and player at this point. I just hope we get a decent return on him if we do trade him...

Coreau will definitely be sent down, since he's waiver exempt, and I agree on sending down Miller and Ott, but I'm just not so sure Holland would do that. I can see him trying to sneak Jurco through and losing him for nothing, which would suck...

all to keep inferior players like Ericsson and Kronwall...I would rather just waive E or Smith, if someone claims them, great, if they clear then we at least get a little cap relief out of it.  At this point I think it would be very unwise to risk losing any of Sproul, Jensen or Marchenko.

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

all to keep inferior players like Ericsson and Kronwall...I would rather just waive E or Smith, if someone claims them, great, if they clear then we at least get a little cap relief out of it.  At this point I think it would be very unwise to risk losing any of Sproul, Jensen or Marchenko.

You of all people want to waive Smith and lose him for nothing when we can easily trade him and get a decent return? You don't want to waive a Nestrasil type player that has little to no value, but want to waive Smith who still has quite a bit of value?

By the way, Smith >>> Marchenko and it's not even close, and I'd even argue Ericsson > Marchenko... Marchenko is a less physical version of Ericsson. Big, slow, defensive defenseman with little to no offensive instincts, that refuses to use his size to his advantage...

I should have said, if we cannot trade them. I would absolutely rather trade for a return. I was only referring to if all we could do is send players to GR.  I'd much rather waive E or Smith, than the others. But for sure if we could get a return for any of them, I'd much rather do that...

I do agree that Marchenko is the weakest link (outside of Ericsson) if we could trade him, I'd be in for that as well!