• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Tomas Jurco traded to Chicago for a 3rd rounder

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Hey Jurco did you have fun in Chicago for the 3 months? Was it less "boring" than Detroit?

Hope you're enjoying Rockford, Illinois . I heard it's a lot of fun there. :lol:

Karma sucks bro. 

Tread lightly friend...

Referred to as the Forest City, Rockford is known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, Tinker Swiss Cottage, the BMO Harris Bank Center, the Coronado Theatre, the Laurent House, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History. Its contributions to music are noted in the Mendelssohn Club, the oldest music club in the nation, and performers such as Phantom Regiment and Cheap Trick.

Now who wants to visit Rockford HMMMMMMMMM? 

I have to be fair. Living somewhat between both cities, I have visited both. I have to admit, I do find more to do in Chicago than Detroit personally. Definitely not critical of Detroit though. It has its own "charm"? I guess it just depends on what ur looking to do. Either way, disrespecting your former community is bad form. Guess he forgot about the murder epidemic in Chitown?

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Hey Jurco did you have fun in Chicago for the 3 months? Was it less "boring" than Detroit?

Hope you're enjoying Rockford, Illinois . I heard it's a lot of fun there. :lol:

Karma sucks bro. 

Maybe some context on his comments about Detroit, I see his hometown is Kosice, which kind of looks like a paradise of Old Europe to me. So maybe any city would be a step down.

Wonder what the next stop will be for Jurco.

Main-street-of-Kosice-Slovakia.-©-Tatyana-Vyc-Shutterstock-Inc.-728x486.jpg

Kosice-from-air-Slovakia.jpg

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

32 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Maybe some context on his comments about Detroit, I see his hometown is Kosice, which kind of looks like a paradise of Old Europe to me. So maybe any city would be a step down.

So what, Detroit has an old church too

-joelouisarena-aerial-t.jpg20141016.jpg

1 hour ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I've actually been there. Its a really nice city with a ton to do and a really cool Downtown (or as they would call it a Centrum).

On 23. 10. 2017 at 10:22 PM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

, I see his hometown is Kosice, which kind of looks like a paradise of Old Europe to me.

Olololo..

...yeah, town centre is pretty nice, that´s true. But is not really the whole picture of the area. 

Search also for some paradise Lunik pictures (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luník_IX) , what is quite common picture of eastern Slovakia. 

Don´t forget https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U._S._Steel_Košice,_s.r.o.

In common, slovak towns are pretty ugly, while country has quite short history of urbanization and most of their towns grew up like 60-70 years ago. 

Actually, Košice town is comparable to czech Ostrava (where Mrazek is from). 

10 minutes ago, Juklitz said:

Olololo..

...yeah, town centre is pretty nice, that´s true. But is not really the whole picture of the area. 

Search also for some paradise Lunik pictures (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luník_IX) , what is quite common picture of eastern Slovakia. 

In common, slovak towns are pretty ugly, while country has quite short history of urbanization and most of their towns grew up like 60-70 years ago. 

"Lunik IX houses the largest community of Romani people or gypsies in Slovakia.[2]Although originally built for 2,500 inhabitants, it is estimated that the population is now three times larger. Living standards are low, with services such as gas, water, and electricity cut off, as the majority of inhabitants are not paying rent or utilities fees.[3]

Health standards are low and diseases such as hepatitis, head lice, diarrhea, scabies, and meningitis are common.[3] Unemployment in the borough reaches almost 100 percent."

Christ. As a North American the whole Roma/Gypsy thing is something ive never understood. Sounds dumb thou. 

Yes, I can imagine it´s tough to understand, even local people mostly don´t understand. 

Short story is - these people lived in Europe (they came from India for many reasons, mostly descendants of Dalits  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit ) for centuries, mostly practicing their original habits, means - living without permanent home, moving with their trailers, keeping their languages, ignoring education, politics, everything. These vere true european nomads with their unique culture style, language etc. It was quite ilegal, but this was the way they´ve been living for centuries.

It was basically legal to kill gipsy like 150 yrs ago in Slovakia or Hungary.. 

Aprox in 50´s, commies started with social engineering, prohibited nomading and put these people in separated areas like Lunik, but there are hundreds of so called gipsy ghettos around central Europe countries. It was not working. These people don´t understand - by their genetical gear, habits or whatever you will call it - values of work, home, education, nothing. They´re following only elder authorities, unemployment is like 90%, like two thirds or more are relying on government care and  money. 

And for East Slovakia (one of the poorest EU regions), there´s one more thing which doesn´t exist in Czech republic - separated gipsy villages, like the place where´s no law. https://goo.gl/mUUY9f  

But keep in mind,  this is NOT a slum. These people, they really want to live like that, it´s their choice. 

3 hours ago, Juklitz said:

Olololo..

Oops, obviously I know very little about Slovakia.  I just looked it up out of curiosity about where Jurco was from. Wikipedia called it "the economic and cultural hub of Eastern Slovakia" and says it's the 2nd largest city in Slovakia... largest slovak heritage center...3 universities, international airport...etc. so made it sound like more of a modern urban center. I guess I didn't look at the population either since I thought it was bigger.

The closest I've been to is Krakow. From trips to visit my brother when he was living outside Warsaw, he took me around some of Poland and some of the Czech Republic. I do know a lot of outside urban centers there was pretty ugly with all the communist era buildings and definitely rough parts. But the pictures reminded me a bit of some of the best spots on those trips. But I shouldn't have guess beyond borders or about a country I've never visited.

24 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

"the economic and cultural hub of Eastern Slovakia"

That´s true, it´s the economic and cultural hub of Eastern Slovakia, mainly because of high industrialization rate.

Town is wealthy and prospering, town centre and surroundings are very nice, but it´s not a big challenge to be the most wealthies hub of this region. And namely Kosice is well known for very cool centre. Slovakia itself is divided to wealthy west part (Bratislava and +-50km) and very poor east side (well..the rest of the country), I believe there´s the biggest economical diversion from all countries across the Europe. By the way, Slovakia has the biggest rate of car produced per capita in the world (and with Jaguar Land Rover starting recently). 

Never had a L.C, pizza, so I don´t know (not a big pizza fan). Is it a classic american pizza style? It´s not very famous here, people in CZ prefer thin italian style pizza, it´s pretty rare to find american style on the list. 

Hey, my coleague just came to the office.. he spent last three weeks in Detroit on business trip (also was on LCA opening, showing me dozens of photos). He´s from Slovakia, but I don´t have better comparison... 

Haha, he´s saying LC pizza was horrible (stating as expected - he doesn´t like that pizza style). 

He liked California pizza, chicken meat with cinamon, he found that strange combination very tasty. 

Edited by Juklitz

1 hour ago, Juklitz said:

Never had a L.C, pizza, so I don´t know (not a big pizza fan). Is it a classic american pizza style? It´s not very famous here, people in CZ prefer thin italian style pizza, it´s pretty rare to find american style on the list. 

Hey, my coleague just came to the office.. he spent last three weeks in Detroit on business trip (also was on LCA opening, showing me dozens of photos). He´s from Slovakia, but I don´t have better comparison... 

Haha, he´s saying LC pizza was horrible (stating as expected - he doesn´t like that pizza style). 

He liked California pizza, chicken meat with cinamon, he found that strange combination very tasty. 

Yup, LC isn’t bad pizza (can pizza be bad? :P ) but most of its appeal is definitely in the price. 

Gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether Little Caesar's pizza is bad, or even that it is cheap (it is).  The issue is you can't base the quality of an American style pizza on the strange cinnamon/chicken loving tastes of a few Slovakian individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the entirety of American style pizza? And if American style pizza as a whole is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our restaurant institutions in general? I put it to you, LGW - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can say whatever you want about Little Caesar's Pizza, but I for one am not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Good day gentlemen! 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether Little Caesar's pizza is bad, or even that it is cheap (it is).  The issue is you can't base the quality of an American style pizza on the strange cinnamon/chicken loving tastes of a few Slovakian individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the entirety of American style pizza? And if American style pizza as a whole is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our restaurant institutions in general? I put it to you, LGW - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can say whatever you want about Little Caesar's Pizza, but I for one am not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Good day gentlemen! 

No. 

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

But, good sir, are you going to stand there and defend the Hawaiian pizza? And the Chicago deep dish? I say enough of this reckless individualism.

Now, Fries with gravy and cheese curds - that's just new world ingenuity, though.  

P.S. nothing beats floppy New York style slice for me, though. so I guess I'm a traitor. Also, never like the so called Canadian (bacon, mushrooms, ham)

Little Sleazers is basically cardboard covered in ketchup and cheap fake mozzarella.  I'd rather buy a frozen pizza.  

Best pizzas I've had, in no particular order, are M-57 Bistro in Greenville, Ucello's in GR, Luciano's in Ludington, and Vitale's, either the Leonard St (GR, the original spot) or Comstock Park locations, since it seems each family member has their own Vitale's and they can vary.

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Little Sleazers is basically cardboard covered in ketchup and cheap fake mozzarella.  I'd rather buy a frozen pizza.  

Best pizzas I've had, in no particular order, are M-57 Bistro in Greenville, Ucello's in GR, Luciano's in Ludington, and Vitale's, either the Leonard St (GR, the original spot) or Comstock Park locations, since it seems each family member has their own Vitale's and they can vary.

It's actually a special blend of mozzarella and munster cheese. But I'm sure the frozen pizza at the Chevron in Ludington, or whatever you're talking about, is much better.

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's actually a special blend of mozzarella and munster cheese. But I'm sure the frozen pizza at the Chevron in Ludington, or whatever you're talking about, is much better.

"special blend"

Maybe LC is better now, but last time I had it, it was nasty

Remember when Larkin was "already elite," Ericsson was going to be the next Pronger minus the dirty stuff, Abdelkader was going to be a perennial 20 goal 45 point guy, Helm was the best 3rd line center in the NHL, Howard was going to win the Vezina, Mrazek was going to win multiple Vezinas, and Barret Jackman was better than Zetterberg their rookie years?

Good times.

4 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

"special blend"

Maybe LC is better now, but last time I had it, it was nasty

Special, as in I believe they're the only major pizza chain that blends munster and mozzarella.

"Nasty"? Pizza is like sex. Sometimes it's better than others, but it's always good. You LC haters are a buncha foo foo pizza eatin prima donas lol