• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Malkin being a racist.

And the following season?  Can they catch the Islanders as the last team to win 4 in a row?  How about the following year when they attempt to catch Montreal's streak of 5 straight?

Don't know about 4 straight but they're the favorites to win the cup next year by far. They're getting all of their players back and healthy. Washington might blow it up, and I don't feel like Columbus would be good enough to challenge them yet.

1 minute ago, shocky2002 said:

Don't know about 4 straight but they're the favorites to win the cup next year by far. They're getting all of their players back and healthy. Washington might blow it up, and I don't feel like Columbus would be good enough to challenge them yet.

What about the Blackhawks?  Is the CORE finally not good enough?

11 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

so....what are your thoughts on the PIT goal called back due to offside?  They must thank Uncle Gary for that too I guess?

Didn't know it happened. So it was 5-1 at one point? The way I see it is, don't do Nashville any favors. Overturning a 5-1 goal has no impact on the game. Overturning the 1-0 goal changed the momentum of the game. Uncle Gary strikes again! 

it will be nice when pit and blackhawks fall but it wont be soon enough not only do we miss the playoffs for the 1st time in 25 years but now pit takes two stats away longest playoff streak and last team to repeat ugh i know it doesnt mean that much but still Anybody but you Roman

36 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

so....what are your thoughts on the PIT goal called back due to offside?  They must thank Uncle Gary for that too I guess?

That play was definitively shown to be offside by clear video review. The review that went against the Predators was inconclusive at best. The latter was also immediately followed by a 5-on-3 that was the result of two dives. That all adds up to damning evidence. 

In case anyone was still dismissive or doubtful of the NHL's special treatment of and bias toward the Penguins, look no further than Kunitz's cross check on Subban. 

Niskanen was immediately handed a game misconduct because Crosby fell into him awkwardly. Kunitz intentionally cross checked another player in the top of the spine while he was face down against the boards and he received a minor penalty. Case closed. 

17 minutes ago, sjr2012 said:

it will be nice when pit and blackhawks fall but it wont be soon enough not only do we miss the playoffs for the 1st time in 25 years but now pit takes two stats away longest playoff streak and last team to repeat ugh i know it doesnt mean that much but still Anybody but you Roman

Well, the Wings may still be the last team to sweep the Finals.  Nashville has to win a game, of course.

i don't have a stomach to watch this s*** but curious has neal kicked somebody in the head already?

48 minutes ago, BinMucker94 said:

Malkin has no class

you're late at least 9 years with this discovery :)

Exactly why i wanted the Ducks to go through. Nashville has played well enough but can't put it together cause of inexperience and Rinne has been the worst player in the SCF. Hockey has become unwatchable, Pens fans were non existent before and just after the lockout it is all Crosby era clowns.

3 minutes ago, Yak19 said:

Exactly why i wanted the Ducks to go through. Nashville has played well enough but can't put it together cause of inexperience and Rinne has been the worst player in the SCF. Hockey has become unwatchable, Pens fans were non existent before and just after the lockout it is all Crosby era clowns.

but the ducks couldnt beat nashville so still dont think they could have done any better maybe lose in 6

Disagree. Experience matters. I do think Nashville has a chance cause of Laviolette and i think Ryan Ellis will be huge next game. None of it will matter though if Rinne keeps pooping the bed.

The silver lining for me in this is that Crosby and Malkin are once again establishing themselves as the REAL top players on a top team in this league.

Instead of the overrated Jonathan Toews. If Crosby wins his 3rd, maybe even a 4th. Canada can finally shut up about Toews and overrating him and go back to drooling over Crosby; who actually does deserve that attention since he's a million times better player than Toews. 

And so is Malkin. 

And like 15 other players in the league. 

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The silver lining for me in this is that Crosby and Malkin are once again establishing themselves as the REAL top players on a top team in this league.

Instead of the overrated Jonathan Toews. If Crosby wins his 3rd, maybe even a 4th. Canada can finally shut up about Toews and overrating him and go back to drooling over Crosby; who actually does deserve that attention since he's a million times better than Toews. 

And so is Malkin. 

Except I'd rather watch Toews play than either Crosby or Malkin. Those two are an embarrassment to hockey despite their elite skill level. 

Didn't see any of the game last night, but based on the final score, I didn't miss anything.  Rinne played like garbage again, Murray stood on his head and the Preds need to win 4 of the next 5 or the Pens are repeat champs.  I read people being mad about that and how we were the last team to do it and they're taking away our record.  Seriously though, who cares?  Its not like the NHL is shutting down and they'll be the last team to ever do it, not that that even matters either.   Think of how nice it'll be for the Wings, once they rebuild, to smash all the records that are being set.  In the meantime, check out Grand Rapids playing for the Calder Cup again.

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Instead of the overrated Jonathan Toews. If Crosby wins his 3rd, maybe even a 4th. Canada can finally shut up about Toews and overrating him and go back to drooling over Crosby; who actually does deserve that attention since he's a million times better player than Toews. 

And so is Malkin. 

Was watching something the other day, after PIT beat OTT to get into the FINALS regarding Crosby's place on the all-time list of players and what a 3rd cup might do for that.  Pierre Lebrun suggested that winning a 3rd cup would get him ahead of Toews.  I've seen several people roast him pretty good about this (typical overrating of Toews), but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I think the context of what he was saying was in terms of being a "winner", it may have been missunderstood as it was in the same conversation about best players ever.  I wouldn't be at all surprised though if there are those out there making the argument about Toews being up there on the all-time list, that's how overrated he is.

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

I'm going to say it.

Pittsburgh vs. Blackhawks finals would be badass to watch. 

Especially if Van Damme is in the building and Luc Robitaille is scoring buzzer beating breakaway goals.  

1 hour ago, toby91_ca said:

Was watching something the other day, after PIT beat OTT to get into the FINALS regarding Crosby's place on the all-time list of players and what a 3rd cup might do for that.  Pierre Lebrun suggested that winning a 3rd cup would get him ahead of Toews.  I've seen several people roast him pretty good about this (typical overrating of Toews), but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt as I think the context of what he was saying was in terms of being a "winner", it may have been missunderstood as it was in the same conversation about best players ever.  I wouldn't be at all surprised though if there are those out there making the argument about Toews being up there on the all-time list, that's how overrated he is.

Being a winner is a team thing, though.  It's also about being in the right place at the right time as a team.  Just because Tayes has one more Cup than Crosby, doesn't make him a better winner.  By that metric, he's already a better winner than Lemieux or Orr.  

18 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Especially if Van Damme is in the building and Luc Robitaille is scoring buzzer beating breakaway goals.  

Being a winner is a team thing, though.  It's also about being in the right place at the right time as a team.  Just because Tayes has one more Cup than Crosby, doesn't make him a better winner.  By that metric, he's already a better winner than Lemieux or Orr.  

Toews has won at every level, period. Wheter people like him or not he has 3 cups, 2 back to back olympic gold medals and WJC gold. Crosby is the best player in the world and even McDavid has to wait when it comes to overtaking him.

I read people being mad about that and how we were the last team to do it and they're taking away our record.  Seriously though, who cares?  Its not like the NHL is shutting down and they'll be the last team to ever do it, not that that even matters either.   Think of how nice it'll be for the Wings, once they rebuild, to smash all the records that are being set.  In the meantime, check out Grand Rapids playing for the Calder Cup again.

Everyone knew it would happen at some point, I honestly don't care. The Wings accomplished something incredible with back to back cups the Penguins maybe doing the same won't lessen that accomplishment at all. But it hopefully shows the ownership that the time is right to build for something again instead of just coasting inside/outside the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I've said this so many times to so many different people and yet I still keep hearing stuff like "Crosby's better than Ovechkin because he has 2 Stanley Cups and Ovechkin has none".  I'm like "You do understand that the Stanley Cup is a TEAM award.  No one player is better than another based on how many team awards they have."  That's complete non-sense.  Like you said by that metric, Kris Draper is a better player than Lemieux or Jagr or Sakic because he has more Cups.

2 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

I think Crosby needs to win a 3rd cup (maybe not now, I'm still rooting for the Preds) for the hockey world to hit a reset button on overrating some of these players. It's not just Toews but also Duncan Keith and to a lesser degree Patrick Kane being on the top 100 players list that boggled my mind this year. 

No doubt Kane is a great player but it's wayyyy to early to establish him in the top 100 list when you have guys like Malkin who are more deserving. But Keith over Housley? Come on... 

Edited by kickazz

48 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think Crosby needs to win a 3rd cup (maybe not now, I'm still rooting for the Preds) for the hockey world to hit a reset button on overrating some of these players. It's not just Toews but also Duncan Keith and to a lesser degree Patrick Kane being on the top 100 players list that boggled my mind this year. 

No doubt Kane is a great player but it's wayyyy to early to establish him in the top 100 list when you have guys like Malkin who are more deserving. But Keith over Housley? Come on... 

Housley is not as good as Keith.  Housley may be the worst Hall of Famer in history.  He was terrible in his own end and was never one of the best defensemen in the league.  

11 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Housley is not as good as Keith.  Housley may be the worst Hall of Famer in history.  He was terrible in his own end and was never one of the best defensemen in the league.  

:D

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Toews has won at every level, period. Wheter people like him or not he has 3 cups, 2 back to back olympic gold medals and WJC gold. 

There is no denying this, Toews is a very good player who has been blessed to be on extremely talented teams his entire career. However this is not a metric to define greatness which is the incorrect narrative that some fans like to come up with.

This has nothing to do with me liking him, or not liking him, it's purely assessing his skill set fairly and accurately. I have said this before, but I put Towes up there with Bergeron and Kopitar, I do not put him up there with Crosby and Malkin where some do.

And come on Frank lol, I know you know that winning Gold for Team Canada does not make you "great", there are literally like 40+ players that can say that because of how stacked that team is. Take Towes off and that team does not miss a step.

Edited by kliq