• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2017 Stanley Cup Finals: Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Jaymister said:

And everyone on here thought this series was over! Not so fast

I think there's quite a few people that seen how badly Nashville outplayed Pittsburgh in the better part of those first two games, and thought this thing was far from being over. I'm still not sure if they will win it (I hope they do), but I knew they wouldn't go quietly. If the Preds play Thursday night like they have the rest of this series and manage to win in Pittsburgh and pull out a third straight W, this thing IS over, and we can all sleep easy knowing the Pens won't win back to back Cups... Nashville have been one of the more exciting teams this entire playoff, and I've been rooting for them since they swept the Hawks in round one. GO PREDS!!!

I'm thinking that play, the diving one armed pass by Fisher to Arvidsson for the breakaway goal, might end up being the defining moment of the series.  The captain giving everything he got, Arvidsson getting a much deserved goal after all his hardwork in this series.  I don't know if Nashville is just that much faster or if the Pens are tired, but if it isn't for Rinne playing like garbage, this series could be over.  I'm still pessimistic about the Preds chance though.  The Pens looked down and out against the Caps and almost lost to Ottawa too.

21 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Whiney pens fans vs whiney preds fans.  Choose your poison.

Sorry, I know there are Preds fans here on the site, but I can't stand their fans and that's why I'm rooting for *vomit* Pittsburgh *diarrhea*

I hope the Preds win, because, well, Pittsburgh. Not that I'm a fan, but I do wish our crowds were as ruckus and into the game like theirs. It also has a lot to do with the music and atmosphere created by the arena. I'm SOOOOO suck of Karen Newman, Motown, Billy Joel, Journey, DTE Energy Microwave Goals and bland ass PA Announcers. If any of that remains at LCA it would be a huge mistake. Hockeytown era is over, it's time to wipe the slate clean on everything that had to do with it (entertainment wise of course) and bring the excitement back to the stands. New music, new singers, new announcer, new atmosphere...

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I hope the Preds win, because, well, Pittsburgh. Not that I'm a fan, but I do wish our crowds were as ruckus and into the game like theirs. It also has a lot to do with the music and atmosphere created by the arena. I'm SOOOOO suck of Karen Newman, Motown, Billy Joel, Journey, DTE Energy Microwave Goals and bland ass PA Announcers. If any of that remains at LCA it would be a huge mistake. Hockeytown era is over, it's time to wipe the slate clean on everything that had to do with it (entertainment wise of course) and bring the excitement back to the stands. New music, new singers, new announcer, new atmosphere...

It probably helps a little that they're winning in the cup final too.. let's do that. :innocent:

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

New uniforms too?  lol  Well I kind of agree with you in some regards.  It is a the dawn of a new era for the Wings and it would be nice to get some new things injected into this franchise.  However, this is a classic franchise with traditions that help give the Wings their identity.  Nashville's identity might seem fun and awesome, but its also all new.  New to us, new to them.  I'm fine with some change, but things like Sweet Caroline and Don't Stop Believin are things that Wings fans expect.  Its kind of like when you go see your favorite band and they play new stuff, which is fine, but you want the classics and would be put off, if they didn't play them.  

The Preds fans are loud as hell, but the one thing that bugs me a bit is the complaining every time one of their players gets knocked down.  It's as if they don't know the rules and think everything is a penalty against them.  I get it that every fan base thinks there's always penalties committed against their team, but they seem to boo after the strangest things.

2 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

The Preds fans are loud as hell, but the one thing that bugs me a bit is the complaining every time one of their players gets knocked down.  It's as if they don't know the rules and think everything is a penalty against them.  I get it that every fan base thinks there's always penalties committed against their team, but they seem to boo after the strangest things.

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment, but the bolded ain't too far from the truth.

You gotta imagine there's a lot of folks in the building that don't know the first thing about hockey but are supporting the team because they're in the playoffs.  Maybe the playoffs will build some new fans.  It's what every franchise hopes for in the end, no?

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

I don't disagree with the overall sentiment, but the bolded ain't too far from the truth.

You gotta imagine there's a lot of folks in the building that don't know the first thing about hockey but are supporting the team because they're in the playoffs.  Maybe the playoffs will build some new fans.  It's what every franchise hopes for in the end, no?

Apparently they have been calling themselves Hockeytown. 

53 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

you're all haters lol I love that hockey is becoming as big as it has down there.  That building was electric for games 3 and 4

We're not haters, until they steal our nickname.

I hate that the Preds' fans' negative cheering is so scripted. 
If a goalie lets in a soft one, sure, get the sing-song chant of his name going.  He deserves it.  On the other hand, if he just made a fantastic save but his own man muffed the clear and put it in, that's not on him.  If his D left him out to dry on a 2-on-0, that's not on him.  If a Pred was sitting in Murray's lap like it was story time at the daycare, it's not the goalie's fault.
When you jeer a goalie after every goal, especially if he made a valiant effort, you sound like you don't know the game and are just following along with the jumbotron.

That said... NO ONE is allowed to take our "last team to repeat" status.  Not here.  Not now.  Not ever. 
I shall remind myself how annoyed Shea Weber will be if Nashville wins and root heartily for the Preds.