• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Entirely possible. Stecher could end up being awful. I really know nothing about him. Who knows? Maybe Yzerman signed him specifically to a 2 year deal for the expansion draft.

I think that definitely played a factor into it being a two year deal. From everything I've heard and read on Stecher, he's a very underrated defenseman, and Canucks fans are pissed that Benning let him walk. Hopefully he's a good fit in Detroit.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't want to lose Cholowski, but as of right now, I would chose to protect Hronek, Stecher, and Lindstrom. 

I'd choose to keep Cholowski over both Stecher and Lindstrom at this point, just because I believe he has a much higher upside. Much like DeKeyser, players like Lindstrom (defensive defensemen with limited offense) are a dime a dozen in free agency. Even if Cholowski is a complete bust, I wouldn't see losing Lindstrom as any more of a loss than losing Nosek a couple years ago in the Vegas expansion draft.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dmen at DeKeysers level are easy to get in free agency, so not a huge loss. But, sometimes there's something to keeping a veteran around who's been with the team a while. He knows the system, coaches, players, etc. A new vet doesnt have that experience.

To be fair, some, if not all of these things will change drastically over the next couple seasons. We're going to have a huge turnover on the ice, and potentially behind the bench, and with that, systems should change with as well, so that point may be moot...

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Erne played in 56 games last season. He only has to play in 14 games this season (highly likely) to meet the 70 games over 2 seasons requirement. He will be one of the 2 forwards exposed ( Nielsen being the other) that will meet the games played requirement. Timo and Svech can both be protected easily.

Cholowski will most likely be exposed as well. The games played requirement on D will be filled by either DeKeyser or Lindstrom. It really just depends on who plays better this season and what future Lindstrom has in Detroit.

So again, the forwards who will be ptotected are: Larkin, Bert, Mantha, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timo, and Svech.

2 Forwards available that meet GP requirement: Nielsen, Erne (must be under contract tho)

Other notables available: Smith, Hirose

Defensemen protected: Hronek, Stecher, Lindstrom or DK.

1 Dman available that meets GP requirement: DeKeyser or Lindstrom

Other notables available: Cholowski

This is how I see it going down.

Erne might not even make the roster ... i cant for the life of me seeing us protect dekeyser with one yr left on his deal and his injury ordeals . Makes zero sense and i wouldnt lose sleep if we lost him

not sure svechnikov stays now depending how it goes but id 100% protect smith over timashov , we dont have a physical player like smith who can drop the gloves occasionally and also score the dirty goals

i protect cholowski unless he goes completely downhill next season

im ok with timashov,stecher,hirose,dekeyser being exposed 

stecher mignt play great this season and maybe we’ll think we can resign him otherwise wouldnt make too much sense to protect a guy with one year left over two kids unless again they completely fall off the map or we just see them as a 6/7 and value stecher more

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Erne might not even make the roster ... i cant for the life of me seeing us protect dekeyser with one yr left on his deal and his injury ordeals . Makes zero sense and i wouldnt lose sleep if we lost him

not sure svechnikov stays now depending how it goes but id 100% protect smith over timashov , we dont have a physical player like smith who can drop the gloves occasionally and also score the dirty goals

i protect cholowski unless he goes completely downhill next season

im ok with timashov,stecher,hirose,dekeyser being exposed 

stecher mignt play great this season and maybe we’ll think we can resign him otherwise wouldnt make too much sense to protect a guy with one year left over two kids unless again they completely fall off the map or we just see them as a 6/7 and value stecher more

Erne doesnt have to make the roster. As a regular call up he could still get 14 games easy.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Or more than likely a trade before then.

But who? The forwards who would still presumably be here are Bert, Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timashov, Svech, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Ryan, Helm, Glendening, Filppula, Gagner would all be gone via trade or free agency and would have no affect on the expansion draft.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

But who? The forwards who would still presumably be here are Bert, Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Timashov, Svech, Namestnikov, Nielsen, Erne, Hirose, Smith.

Ryan, Helm, Glendening, Filppula, Gagner would all be gone via trade or free agency and would have no affect on the expansion draft.

I wouldn't presume all of those players will be here beyond this season. You just listed 18 forwards. I'm just saying, I expect a few players to be traded or waived before the season starts, and maybe a few others unexpected through the season. I highly doubt that expansion draft list of players is the exact same 9 months from now...

So, as we sit, barring ANY trades, here is how I would do the protection list:

Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Namestikov, Rasmussen, Timashov

Hronek, Lindstrom, Stecher

Greiss

...which means, I hope Yzerman trades Cholowski so we don't lose him for nothing.

Edited by LeftWinger

32 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So, as we sit, barring ANY trades, here is how I would do the protection list:

Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Namestikov, Rasmussen, Timashov

Hronek, Lindstrom, Stecher

Greiss

...which means, I hope Yzerman trades Cholowski so we don't lose him for nothing.

We'll see how the season goes, but as of now, I think I would protect Svechnikov, or maybe even Smith, over Timashov.

I would also protect Cholowski over both Lindstrom and Stecher. But again, see how the season plays out. A lot can change over the course of a season, between development, trades, etc.

On 10/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

So is it the 4th overall draft position that will automatically go the Seattle? 

from everything I can find, they get the 3rd best odds at the #1OA. I am not sure if they can fall 3 spots though, maybe they can only fall to the 4th?

Here is how the NHL is gonna punish Arizona even more. Even though they forfeited their 1st round pick, the slot is still there, they will just skip over to the next pick like they did this year, for example pick 10, then pick 12. Arizona having pick 11. The punishment will be Arizona will win the 1st OA pick, but being forfeited the #2 team will choose the best player! :lol:

8 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I am hoping our whole line up goes to Seattle and we get theirs.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why? Are you trying to set back the rebuild? Seattle won't be another Vegas. Better than historical expansion teams, but what Vegas did won't be repeated.

Yeah, Seattle won't be getting a single player as good / young as Larkin, Mantha or Hronek. Their best player will probably be Bertuzzi or Fabbri tier. Teams aren't going to make trades giving up multiple high end players / prospects again.

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Seattle won't be getting a single player as good / young as Larkin, Mantha or Hronek. Their best player will probably be Bertuzzi or Fabbri tier. Teams aren't going to make trades giving up multiple high end players / prospects again.

We will see.  Vegas was instantly good for some reason.

9 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

>Vegas won't be good
>Vegas is good

>Seattle won't be good
>Seattle is...

Trust me guys, this time it will be different. I swear. Just trust me.

5 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

1.Vegas was able to take advantage of some teams who hadn't prepared for the expansion draft as well as they should have. You won't see that happen again. Teams will be better prepared this time around. 

2. Vegas brought in some guys who played way better than anyone expected when given bigger roles. That's unlikely to happen again.

3. Vegas, as a team, way overachieved. I wouldn't call it "lightning im a bottle", but something close to that. Vegas should not have been that good with that roster. They haven't repeated that measure of success since, which you would expect if they were really that good.

The likelihood that Seattle repeats any of what Vegas was able to do is small. They won't be a 20 win team, but they won't be a playoff team either.

5 hours ago, Wait&Sneed said:

>Vegas won't be good
>Vegas is good

>Seattle won't be good
>Seattle is...

Trust me guys, this time it will be different. I swear. Just trust me.

Totally. I won the lottery once, therefore I should expect to win everytime I play. That's logic.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1.Vegas was able to take advantage of some teams who hadn't prepared for the expansion draft as well as they should have. You won't see that happen again. Teams will be better prepared this time around. 

2. Vegas brought in some guys who played way better than anyone expected when given bigger roles. That's unlikely to happen again.

3. Vegas, as a team, way overachieved. I wouldn't call it "lightning im a bottle", but something close to that. Vegas should not have been that good with that roster. They haven't repeated that measure of success since, which you would expect if they were really that good.

1. Teams will again go "all in" before the playoffs, as they always do, and be forced to lose good players in the expansion later down the line

2. If Seattle learned anything from Vegas they will target exactly the same types of players who will flourish in larger roles

3. Vegas has gone to the post season each year with deep runs 2/3 years. They're a good team, not at all a fluke.

The likelihood that Seattle repeats any of what Vegas was able to do is small. They won't be a 20 win team, but they won't be a playoff team either.

Bold prediction when you don't even know their roster yet and Vegas proved it can be done.