• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

Pre-Season Games

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It was also Larkin's second season after being drafted. Larkin was 19 years old, coming off a season of college hockey. Rasmussen is 18 years old, coming off his second season of junior hockey (much weaker league).

Yep, good call.

Lorito scores!

25 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If memory serves, Holland had wanted Larkin to start that season in Grand Rapids. Larkin made the team because Blashill went to bat for him and told Holland he deserved a spot. Based on what Blashill's said about Rasmussen to the media, he's not prepared to go to bat for him like he did with Larkin. They want him playing center and getting tons of minutes. If he were to play center for the Wings, he'd be behind Zetterberg, Larkin, Nielsen. Which might not be a big deal, except Blashill's stated that he wants to give lines 1-3 lots of minutes each and use the fourth line relatively sparingly. And I'm not necessarily opposed to that plan.

My heart wants Rasmussen up with the big club this season, but my head says no. I'm not sure it'd be the best thing for him. We're probably gonna suck, he probably wouldn't see many minutes, and ultimately it'd likely be a waste of one of his ELC years, which could come back to haunt us.

Assuming he did get a lot of minutes. But if he doesn't get minutes its not worth it for him to be in the pros. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Assuming he did get a lot of minutes. But if he doesn't get minutes its not worth it for him to be in the pros. 

Right, that's what I'm saying. Even if he makes the team, he'd be a fourth-liner.

To OT we go!

6 minutes ago, HockeytownUW said:

What do people think about #27 now that you've had the full pre-season to get a taste of the 1st rounder? What happens with Parenteau and and what about A.A.?

Rasmussen looks to me like he could be a future Martin Hanzal. Martin Hanzal is really good, so this is really good.

I highly doubt Parenteau makes the cut. Booth might make the cut. Frk is definitely making the cut.

I'm starting to suspect there's an agreement in place between AA's camp and the Wings and both sides are just waiting for LTIR assignments to free up the necessary cap space.

Michael Rassmussen is 18 years old and his faceoff percent is 54%.

Dylan Larkin is a 3 year pro and his faceoff percent still struggles at 46% this preseason 

No knock on Larkin, some people take a long time to get good at faceoffs (some people never get good), all I'm saying is Rasmussen may already be ahead of the curve in that department. He's our best faceoff guy on the team too. And he's taken a lot of faceoffs so the sample size is adequate. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Michael Rassmussen is 18 years old and his faceoff percent is 54%.

Dylan Larkin is a 3 year pro and his faceoff percent still struggles at 46% this preseason 

No knock on Larkin, some people take a long time to get good at faceoffs (some people never get good), all I'm saying is Rasmussen may already be ahead of the curve in that department.

And Rasmussen is coming off a wrist injury...

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just put Big Ras and Lil Hicks on the team already

Nope. No. Not yet.

I have been talking about Hicketts for well over a year now (probably 2 years) and almost all posts I have made is about his skill and poise, to the positive. He clearly has all the tools to play but he needs to be pulled up for Some games this season, which will happen. Let him easy in to the physicality of the opposing top forwards, it's a whole new dimension and he could get overwhelmed otherwise. Or injured.

Rasmussen needs roughly 2 years before coming up, 1 in the minors, 1 in the AHL. I'm pretty sure that's what'll happen with him. Should be nicely packaged, more buff and ready to go at jointime.

PAP didnt make the cut. Booth did. For now...

Detroit Red Wings

G Jared Coreau – waivers for purpose of assignment
D Brian Lashoff – waivers for purpose of assignment
F Matt Lorito – waivers for purpose of assignment
D Dylan McIlrath – waivers for purpose of assignment
P.A. Parenteau – released from PTO
F Michael Rasmussen – Tri-City (WHL)
F Ben Street – waivers for purpose of assignment

28 minutes ago, joesuffP said:

I think Rasmussen will get some games next year. They gave Svechnikov some NHL time and he wasn’t blowing minds. I’d say that’s one of the best first camps a prospect has had as an 18 year old in for the Wings in a long time

Id agree with you. He already looks better than Svechnikov. Really need to go dig up that draft thread everyone reacted so poorly in lol

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Id agree with you. He already looks better than Svechnikov. Really need to go dig up that draft thread everyone reacted so poorly in lol

Oh trust me I will. It's too early though. Just wait a couple of years to see if Ras really does do well. 

One of the most annoying things on this forum is the attitude people have brought the last 2 years before anything even comes into fruiting, acting like they know better because a team that was once amazing is finally on a downhill slope. 

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Oh trust me I will. It's too early though. Just wait a couple of years to see if Ras really does do well. 

One of the most annoying things on this forum is the attitude people have brought the last 2 years before anything even comes into fruiting, acting like they know better because a team that was once amazing is finally on a downhill slope. 

In my defense, I wasn't just pulling the complaints out of my ass. You're making it sound like everyone who didn't want us to pick him was just complaining for the sake of complaining. I had specific reasons why I didn't think he was the right pick at 9th overall. And, to be fair, we still don't know that he was the right pick.

Also, I don't know how long you've been a member of this community, but people "acting like they know better" is not some relatively new thing on these boards -- or in any fan community, for that matter. But keep playing Morality Sheriff and telling people how they should conduct themselves. It's endearing you to a lot of people. ;)

9 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It's not at all that people think they know better, it's that Vilardi was ranked much higher on just about every single draft ranking. There were a few that had him top 3 or top 5. There were also quite a few that had Rasmussen outside the top 10 or top 15. It looks like Red Wings scouts "may have" seen something a lot of other scouts didn't in Rasmussen. Regardless, it's still way too early for "I told ya so's". I was pretty sour about the pick, and I still think Vilardi has a good chance of being the better player, but I'm completely, 100% rooting for Ras to prove me wrong. I'll gladly eat crow if he develops into a stud, or even better than Vilardi.

3 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

Nope. No. Not yet.

I have been talking about Hicketts for well over a year now (probably 2 years) and almost all posts I have made is about his skill and poise, to the positive. He clearly has all the tools to play but he needs to be pulled up for Some games this season, which will happen. Let him easy in to the physicality of the opposing top forwards, it's a whole new dimension and he could get overwhelmed otherwise. Or injured.

Rasmussen needs roughly 2 years before coming up, 1 in the minors, 1 in the AHL. I'm pretty sure that's what'll happen with him. Should be nicely packaged, more buff and ready to go at jointime.

I'm not positive, but I believe Ras has to play 2 more years in junior before he could play in the AHL. You have to be 20 or have 4 years in the CHL. Age-wise, he wouldn't be eligible until the 19-20 season. I'm not sure if the games he played for Tri-City in 14-15 count toward the years, but if not he would need 2 more years. But I think it's likely that he'll skip the AHL mostly, and still make the Wings within 2 years.

16 minutes ago, Dabura said:

In my defense, I wasn't just pulling the complaints out of my ass. You're making it sound like everyone who didn't want us to pick him was just complaining for the sake of complaining. I had specific reasons why I didn't think he was the right pick at 9th overall. And, to be fair, we still don't know that he was the right pick.

Also, I don't know how long you've been a member of this community, but people "acting like they know better" is not some relatively new thing on these boards -- or in any fan community, for that matter. But keep playing Morality Sheriff and telling people how they should conduct themselves. It's endearing you to a lot of people. ;)

Everyone has a role to play when the best of teams fall. 

Besides never said you were one of the folks, you usually back your s*** up pretty well, have things thought out, don't talk out of your ass, nor do you conclude your premises with "henceforth Holland sucks" as a cheap plug. Do you ever see me arguing with you? There's a reason for that. Don't worry, you don't have to get defensive lol. 

Edited by kickazz

Just now, kickazz said:

Everyone has a role to play when the best of teams fall. 

Besides never said you were one of the folks, you usually back your s*** up pretty well. Don't worry, you don't have to get defensive lol. 

Not getting defensive. I just tend not to let people throw shade in my general direction without throwing some shade back in their direction. :)