• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, town123 said:

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Flunkie and a 4th, and you'll pay for Petry too you French Fslurs.  There is a big difference between being an Ontario almost American and a Quebec almost Frenchie Hslur.

I AM a bit surprised how cheap we got this guy. He cost the Penguins a 28 year old 2nd pair Dman in Mike Matheson just last summer.

We got him for a 4th and a 25 year old 7th D? Like... he should have cost us Jake Walman.

I guess the Habs likely value Lindstrom more than we do. He was basically out of chances here, but he'll certainly get playing time in Habs land, and he's still pretty young.

I'm thinking Habs D will look like this, this year:

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Lindstrom
Harris - Kovacevic
Xhekaj

Kovacevic is really the only one who can possibly threaten him, and he's pretty terrible. Was picked up on waivers and hasn't shown much of anything. So pretty certain Lindy is going to be thrust into a top4 role. Good for him.

Lindstrom should honestly be thrilled with the trade. This will be a 2nd chance for his career.

Edited by bIueadams

6 hours ago, joesuffP said:

Theirs no predicting these lines. Lalonde has so many options to show some nice coaching chops. If you suck you sit because theirs a full lineup of legit NHLers now

Good point. This year is honestly going to be a good test of Derek. Is he Newsy, the SY hand picked wunder coach? Or is he LOLonde, the guy who kept Mo and Chia paired together for 3 months too long?

Any and every option will be available to him. This is a coaches dream. He has a plethora of NHL caliber players on his roster. The losers have all been cast off. And he has major blue chip prospects knocking on the door.

If the team doesn't show some MAJOR life this year, I will sour on Lalonde very quickly. And I think that's pretty reasonable based on the circumstances Yzerman has given him to work with.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Good point. This year is honestly going to be a good test of Derek. Is he Newsy, the SY hand picked wunder coach? Or is he LOLonde, the guy who kept Mo and Chia paired together for 3 months too long?

Any and every option will be available to him. This is a coaches dream. He has a plethora of NHL caliber players on his roster. The losers have all been cast off. And he has major blue chip prospects knocking on the door.

If the team doesn't show some MAJOR life this year, I will sour on Lalonde very quickly. And I think that's pretty reasonable based on the circumstances Yzerman has given him to work with.

I like our forwards we brought in.

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Plus all these short mid tier deals are ripe for a trade package for the next disgruntled star. This is what the NBA does and why these average roster players with middle tier salary are actually worth a lot when trading in a cap crunched league

I wonder of any of our defensemen will pull a Zadina and "bet on themselves" by bailing on a team where they'd have to earn a roster spot and go to a team where they get one by default? The blueline is pretty crowded these days.

33 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I wonder of any of our defensemen will pull a Zadina and "bet on themselves" by bailing on a team where they'd have to earn a roster spot and go to a team where they get one by default? The blueline is pretty crowded these days.

Meh, Ghostbear probably gets traded this year, Maata and Petry the next. And none of the D prospects are really ready. Eddawg is still gonna be rehabing his shoulder to start the season. SY seems to have little faith in McIsaac. And Im starting to think the younger Johansson is better than Albert.

36 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Meh, Ghostbear probably gets traded this year, Maata and Petry the next. And none of the D prospects are really ready. Eddawg is still gonna be rehabing his shoulder to start the season. SY seems to have little faith in McIsaac. And Im starting to think the younger Johansson is better than Albert.

Regarding my overall point: I wasn't worried about any of our prospects wanting out, I was thinking someone like Maatta, Holl, or Gostisbehere looking for more playing time elsewhere.

As far as the bolded, I don't agree. I watched a lot of GR last year and thought AJ looked really really good. Still a bit small (which I hope he's worked on in the offseason) but otherwise I thought he was a really great prospect. He was given big responsibilities (more than Edvinsson), particularly against top competition, in the defensive zone, late in games, and on the PK and he really shined. His offense really picked up as he went along too. I don't think he's done developing, so another year in GR isn't going to hurt him, but he's a really good player. I see a lot of Dmitry Orlov or Nick Leddy in him. I don't think he'll see powerplay time, but I think he'll be a good even strength producer that can make defensive stops and push the pace and score a lot in transition.

48 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

This is what I see with only defenseman considered..

Ghost for a 2nd rounder in early Feb.

Petry for a 2nd rounder in early Feb.

Johansson and Eddog finish out the year and remain.

Wings go into 2024 draft with (1) 1st and (3) 2nds.

Matta traded in Feb. 2025 for a 2nd.

Chiarot traded in Feb. 2025 for a 2nd.

Tuomisto and Wallinder finish out the year and remain.

Wings go into 2025 draft with (1) 1st and (3) 2nds.

Holl traded in Feb. 2026 for a 2nd.

ASP finishes out the year and remains.

Wings go into 2026 draft with (1) 1st and (2) 2nds.

End Results:

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-ASP

Johansson-Tuomisto

Wallinder

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Regarding my overall point: I wasn't worried about any of our prospects wanting out, I was thinking someone like Maatta, Holl, or Gostisbehere looking for more playing time elsewhere.

As far as the bolded, I don't agree. I watched a lot of GR last year and thought AJ looked really really good. Still a bit small (which I hope he's worked on in the offseason) but otherwise I thought he was a really great prospect. He was given big responsibilities (more than Edvinsson), particularly against top competition, in the defensive zone, late in games, and on the PK and he really shined. His offense really picked up as he went along too. I don't think he's done developing, so another year in GR isn't going to hurt him, but he's a really good player. I see a lot of Dmitry Orlov or Nick Leddy in him. I don't think he'll see powerplay time, but I think he'll be a good even strength producer that can make defensive stops and push the pace and score a lot in transition.

Oh I think the injury bug will solve our D logjam pretty quick. 

Not saying Albert isnt good. I thought he was more deserving of a callup than Eddog.

But I've also had Anton quietly ranked pretty high. I think when we were discussing prospect ranking during the season I had him 5th among D. Something like:

Eddog, Wallinder, Albert, Buium, Anton

Now after his showing at worlds I would rank him higher than Buium. Albert is further along his development, but Anton is climbing the ladder quick...

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ghost for a 2nd rounder in early Feb.

Ghost will have Norris numbers and either get a new deal or get us a better asset.

Petry for a 2nd rounder in early Feb.

Petry will finish his career in Detroit.

End Results:

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-ASP

Johansson-Tuomisto

Wallinder

The only issue with this is, if you do all those deals and this is your 2026 D Corp, Walman is a UFA in 2026. Are you going to re-sign a 35 year old Walman?

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ghost will have Norris numbers and either get a new deal or get us a better asset.

Petry will finish his career in Detroit.

The only issue with this is, if you do all those deals and this is your 2026 D Corp, Walman is a UFA in 2026. Are you going to re-sign a 35 year old Walman?

Walman is 27 now - he’ll likely still be in his prime 3 years from now, and I agree that Petry isn’t getting moved  - he’ll retire a Red Wing.

Edited by MotorCityRedWings

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Oh I think the injury bug will solve our D logjam pretty quick. 

Not saying Albert isnt good. I thought he was more deserving of a callup than Eddog.

But I've also had Anton quietly ranked pretty high. I think when we were discussing prospect ranking during the season I had him 5th among D. Something like:

Eddog, Wallinder, Albert, Buium, Anton

Now after his showing at worlds I would rank him higher than Buium. Albert is further along his development, but Anton is climbing the ladder quick...

I think Anton is climbing the ladder relative to expectations, but not relative to Albert. Albert was already a productive, full time, member of a top SHL team in his D+1 season. He was further along at the time and remains so. The comparable for Anton is Wallinder. He spend most of his D+1 year in the Allsvenskan and didn't really hit his stride until his D+2 year, which is what we're all hoping Anton J. will do. Both are big, fast, and athletic and both were drafted for their tools as much as anything else. Wallinder took many by surprise (myself especially) with the development of his offensive game, and if the summer showcase is any indication, Anton J. looks like he may have more in his offensive arsenal too. Albert was a more finished product who just needed to grow a bit, Anton (and Wallinder) both have the physical tools but needed to develop their skill a bit and demonstrate it against top competition.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I think Anton is climbing the ladder relative to expectations, but not relative to Albert. Albert was already a productive, full time, member of a top SHL team in his D+1 season. He was further along at the time and remains so. The comparable for Anton is Wallinder. He spend most of his D+1 year in the Allsvenskan and didn't really hit his stride until his D+2 year, which is what we're all hoping Anton J. will do. Both are big, fast, and athletic and both were drafted for their tools as much as anything else. Wallinder took many by surprise (myself especially) with the development of his offensive game, and if the summer showcase is any indication, Anton J. looks like he may have more in his offensive arsenal too. Albert was a more finished product who just needed to grow a bit, Anton (and Wallinder) both have the physical tools but needed to develop their skill a bit and demonstrate it against top competition.

I just want to know how those nameplates are gonna work... Al. Johansson and An. Johansson?

37 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I just want to know how those nameplates are gonna work... Al. Johansson and An. Johansson?

I don’t know why they do the initials on a teams jerseys with same name. They have numbers to tell them apart, no?

Edited by Akakabuto

29 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

I don’t know why they do the initials on a teams jerseys with same name. They have numbers to tell them apart, no?

Because not all of us are autismo nerds who use numbers Sven.

The average lazy eyed beta swede doesn't care what number he's given or what his name plate looks like.  

Americans 8
Canadians 7
Swedes 2
Finns 1
Germans 1
Dutch 1
Russian 1

The Euros are divided and weak, and their once great horde of Swedes have dwindled in number

1 minute ago, bIueadams said:

Americans 8
Canadians 7
Swedes 2
Finns 1
Germans 1
Dutch 1
Russian 1

The Euros are divided and weak, and their once great horde of Swedes have dwindled in number

And even when it appears that a passive beta male takeover is imminent (Edvinsson, Johansson, Tuomisto, Wallinder, ASP, Johansson, Viro, Soderblom, Niederbach, Nilson, Nilson), Stevie comes thru with a bagfull of solid, straight eyed, testosterone filled North American UFA signings and trades and fills up the big club roster with might while Sven rslur types back in kronner country pound their fists on their ikea furniture lightly and say "shucksinsson".  And lightly not because theyre scared of breaking their delicate assemble by number armrests, but because they lack the strength in their forearms and biceps/triceps to give them the leverage through the fulcurm in their elbows to break feau leather covered styrofoam.