• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Big fan of Helm. He's a culture guy (like Glendening and Abby). Good professional who can teach young guys how to eat, train, and live the life of a professional player. Every team needs a few of those guys, but the caveat is that they shouldn't get paid beyond their capabilities and they should never play higher in the lineup than their talents allow. 4th line Helm is a great player and great addition to a young team.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

There's a rumor Kane with 1/2 salary retained for Zadina and our 2023 1st.

I think it could be a good thing.

They can have Erne too, but it must be a conditional 1st...if we land in the top 10 for the 2023 draft we get to keep it.

Edited by F.Michael

Honestly, Kane has to go somewhere to be a top 6 guy. It'd be pointless to have him in the bottom 6. I guess you could form a 3rd line of:

Kubalik-Suter-Kane

...and see if there could be any "magic" in the Hawks playing together. 

That being said, in the spirit of rumors, I'd give them Smith along with Zadina and the protected 1st. Erne could be the 13th forward with a 4th line of:

Rasmussen-Veleno-Sundqvist 

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, Kane has to go somewhere to be a top 6 guy. It'd be pointless to have him in the bottom 6. I guess you could form a 3rd line of:

Kubalik-Suter-Kane

...and see if there could be any "magic" in the Hawks playing together. 

That being said, in the spirit of rumors, I'd give them Smith along with Zadina and the protected 1st. Erne could be the 13th forward with a 4th line of:

Rasmussen-Veleno-Sundqvist 

lol wut? Kane as 3w?

Kanes still a top w in the league hes not playing bottom6 on this team or any team in the league.

Kane with Larkin would be hella fun to watch. unfortunately Kane def isnt coming to Detroit.

8 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

lol wut? Kane as 3w?

Kanes still a top w in the league hes not playing bottom6 on this team or any team in the league.

Kane with Larkin would be hella fun to watch. unfortunately Kane def isnt coming to Detroit.

If you read it again, That's what I started out saying. He's is going somewhere as a top 6. He doesn't belong in the bottom 6. Then in the spirit of rumors I suggested it might be interesting to put the Hawks players together. I picked "third" line because Raymond is entrenched on Larkin's wing and Suter isn't 2C.

23 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If there was a source, how would it be a rumor?  This isnt the "clear facts" thread.  This one is about rumors.

Never mind Jonas I will find you a semi source...

https://thehockeynews.com/news/three-realistic-landing-spots-for-patrick-kane

there happy?

13 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Never mind Jonas I will find you a semi source...

https://thehockeynews.com/news/three-realistic-landing-spots-for-patrick-kane

there happy?

Erne, Walman? If that is all it'd take, Yzerman would be on the phone already.  What would the "sweetener" be? Shoot, I'd give them all of Erne, Walman, Smith AND Zadina for Kane. Then extend Kane for a couple more years.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 7/23/2022 at 6:26 AM, kipwinger said:

Tkachuk for Huberdeau, Weegar, a 1st and a throwaway prospect. Good work by Treliving on the return but it's not as much of a fleecing as prognosticators are suggesting.

For starters, Tkachuk is a better player than Huberdeau (just perhaps not a better scorer) and Florida got caved with their "all offense" approach last season so something had to give. With that said, even if Tkachuk and Huberdeau were a wash, the contracts make all the difference. Florida is getting Tkachuk for his prime 8 years. Calgary is getting Huberdeau and Weeger for a season unless they can re-sign them. But clearly they have a problem re-signing players because they just failed to get Gaudreau and Tkachuk under contract. Additionally, the 1st is likely to be somewhere in the 25-32 range.

The winner of this trade depends entirely on whether Calgary can get these guys under contract (a tall order). Otherwise they'll be traded at the deadline (or lost for nothing) and you're looking at trading one of the best players in the game for a bunch of late 1st or 2nd round picks. If I were Calgary I would have preferred to get some quality prospects with team control in return rather than UFAs and picks, but I think Treliving did the best he could given the constraints he had.

I couldn't find where I posted about it, but I loved this trade for Florida at the time. Mostly cause I think Matt Tkachuk is one of the most dominant players in the league - and, completely unrelated - I hate the Flames.

But I was told Weegar and a 1st made this is a bad trade for Florida and Brad was doing an excellent job...

Tkachuk = 37 pts
Huberdeau = 17 pts
Weegar = 6 pts

This should be the feather in Bill Zito's hat, and other GM's should take notes.

16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I couldn't find where I posted about it, but I loved this trade for Florida at the time. Mostly cause I think Matt Tkachuk is one of the most dominant players in the league - and, completely unrelated - I hate the Flames.

But I was told Weegar and a 1st made this is a bad trade for Florida and Brad was doing an excellent job...

Tkachuk = 37 pts
Huberdeau = 17 pts
Weegar = 6 pts

This should be the feather in Bill Zito's hat, and other GM's should take notes.

But how is that Panther's blueline looking?

4 hours ago, town123 said:

An article with 4 trade destinations for Bo Horvath.   Goodbye Cossa?

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/four-potential-trade-destinations-and-proposals-for-bo-horvat/

LOL Even with an extension, Bo Horvat doesn't return a blue chip prospect like Sebastian Cossa.

Same here.   If it's true that Bo really likes the Wings,  better to wait.   Bo and family can spend all summer getting settled into a new house and get the kids ready for school.   

This guy thinks a Horvat + for Hronek is a fair deal for the Nucks.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/why-bo-horvat-hockey-trade-possible-extremely-difficult-execute