• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

It's Pagnotta, so 50/50 chance it's actually true.

IMHO I don't buy all these Chychrun rumors. I think he stays put.

Vatrano would be an interesting addition though. SY probably likes that he comes with reasonable term.

St Louis involved, too.

To Det: Chychrun

To StL: Chia (1/2 salary retained), Newpower, 2nd

To Ott: 1st Rnd (Boston Pick), Wallinder

3 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

St Louis involved, too.

Damn I'm glad ur rumors are legit, and you're not just making up unfounded s*** like @Axl Foley

16 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

It's Pagnotta, so 50/50 chance it's actually true.

IMHO I don't buy all these Chychrun rumors. I think he stays put.

Vatrano would be an interesting addition though. SY probably likes that he comes with reasonable term.

It's a known fact that Yzerman has had interest in Jakob Chychrun since last season, But it's still Pagnotta so you take it with a grain of salt.

Would love to have Frank Vatrano. Both would make sense since both have a year left on their contracts. Which is Yzermans MO when trading pending UFAs.

I like the idea of Vatrano more than I like Chychrun. Both are good players but I think the acquisition cost will be high on Chychrun because A) Ottawa gave a pretty solid package to get him, and B) Ottawa is in our division and Chychrun doesn't have the same leverage that Debrincat did.

I'm sure SY would rather not trade his first rounder and I don't see how Ottawa can trade Chychrun and NOT get a 1st back without it being a complete disaster. Also, is he even that good? I mean, I haven't really followed his career but he seems a little like a Mantha type in the sense that it SEEMS like he should be good, and everyone keeps waiting for him to be good, but is he actually good? I might rather have Hanafin. Similar attributes but scores more, is outside the division, doesn't have the injury history, and has a longer track record of success.

I guess if you're thinking your first round pick is going to be in the 23-26 range then maybe he's worth it anyway.

28 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

It's a known fact that Yzerman has had interest in Jakob Chychrun since last season, But it's still Pagnotta so you take it with a grain of salt.

Would love to have Frank Vatrano. Both would make sense since both have a year left on their contracts. Which is Yzermans MO when trading pending UFAs.

17 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I like the idea of Vatrano more than I like Chychrun. Both are good players but I think the acquisition cost will be high on Chychrun because A) Ottawa gave a pretty solid package to get him, and B) Ottawa is in our division and Chychrun doesn't have the same leverage that Debrincat did.

I'm sure SY would rather not trade his first rounder and I don't see how Ottawa can trade Chychrun and NOT get a 1st back without it being a complete disaster. Also, is he even that good? I mean, I haven't really followed his career but he seems a little like a Mantha type in the sense that it SEEMS like he should be good, and everyone keeps waiting for him to be good, but is he actually good? I might rather have Hanafin. Similar attributes but scores more, is outside the division, doesn't have the injury history, and has a longer track record of success.

I guess if you're thinking your first round pick is going to be in the 23-26 range then maybe he's worth it anyway.

I dont even buy the fact that Ottawa is interested in trading him. Chychrun has already refered to the rumors as "ridiculous".

We really have no way to add a Dman with term either, after we just committed to Chia, Holl, Maata, Petry, and Walman...

Vatrano is realistic. Wont cost a lot, but his value is peaking so Verbeek wants to move him. 

DCat - DBoss - Kane

Fabbri - JTC - Raymond

Perron - Copp - Sprong

Ras - Veleno - Vatrano

Kostin/Fischer

Not that I'm complaining, nor am I concerned considering how well the Red Wings are currently playing, but does anyone else find it interesting how this team has been assembled over the past few years?

A handful of draft picks are on the current roster with most being UFAs, or trades...I wonder how much longer this will continue considering if we have anything of value outside of Edvinsson, Kasper, Danielson, or Cossa?

9 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Not that I'm complaining, nor am I concerned considering how well the Red Wings are currently playing, but does anyone else find it interesting how this team has been assembled over the past few years?

A handful of draft picks are on the current roster with most being UFAs, or trades...I wonder how much longer this will continue considering if we have anything of value outside of Edvinsson, Kasper, Danielson, or Cossa?

It's basically the same way that Los Angeles built their Cup teams.

43 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It's basically the same way that Los Angeles built their Cup teams.

If it works - it works...There are some nights I wonder how this team pulled off a win, but a sloppy win is still a win in my book.

Haven't been looking forward to Red Wing games like I have this season in a long time...Feels good man.

iota-crypto.gif

Edited by Motor City Mullets

25 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

If it works - it works...There are some nights I wonder how this team pulled off a win, but a sloppy win is still a win in my book.

Haven't been looking forward to Red Wing games like I have this season in a long time...Feels good man.

iota-crypto.gif

I dunno, man.  I feel like Yzerman is doing what a GM should be doing.  Supplementing a poor farm system roster with UFA's until the farm system has more talent.  The problem I have is that this isn't rocket science.  It's just not being a regard like Holland.  He's drafting players he knows are good and won't turn into knucklehead regards like Holland's picks.  That's Yzerman's best trait.  In that regard, he's worth his billing.  He's an expert level judge of talent.  But as far as it being some genius "Yzerplan" that we all need to lick his nuts over, no way.  It's taking FOREVER to get this thing going.  5 years now and we're barely scratching the playoff point level.  Any hockey mind worth his salt can rebuild a team over 5-10 years.  That should be EXPECTED in the common man.  If Yzerman were a true GM boss, he'd have had us rebuilt in 2 years.  That would be a "Yzerplan".  This is just a rebuild.  But kudos to him for at least being able to complete a long rebuild.  Holland was totally lost when it came to drafting guys that could build a farm system into useful tools for a rebuild.  Like - walking into the wall lost.

15 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I dunno, man.  I feel like Yzerman is doing what a GM should be doing.  Supplementing a poor farm system roster with UFA's until the farm system has more talent.  The problem I have is that this isn't rocket science.  It's just not being a regard like Holland.  He's drafting players he knows are good and won't turn into knucklehead regards like Holland's picks.  That's Yzerman's best trait.  In that regard, he's worth his billing.  He's an expert level judge of talent.  But as far as it being some genius "Yzerplan" that we all need to lick his nuts over, no way.  It's taking FOREVER to get this thing going.  5 years now and we're barely scratching the playoff point level.  Any hockey mind worth his salt can rebuild a team over 5-10 years.  That should be EXPECTED in the common man.  If Yzerman were a true GM boss, he'd have had us rebuilt in 2 years.  That would be a "Yzerplan".  This is just a rebuild.  But kudos to him for at least being able to complete a long rebuild.  Holland was totally lost when it came to drafting guys that could build a farm system into useful tools for a rebuild.  Like - walking into the wall lost.

Truly regarded

1 hour ago, Motor City Mullets said:

IMHO Yzerman is playing a VERY dangerous game. In his shoes I wouldn't do the same. But he's playing this game extremely well so far, which is exactly why I respect him as the expert at this point.

The game is this dangerous balancing act of supplementing your team with good UFA's, but still building your prospect pool with good picks.

I would have just signed Ryan Reeves and co and waited till I have a bunch of Bedards.

Clearly SY has a very good scouting staff (amateur and pro) and he;s limited himself to UFA's with term. This could very well be seen as a half assed, very mid, approach for any GM, but he's executed it with surprising success.

Edited by Troy McClure

15 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

IMHO Yzerman is playing a VERY dangerous game. In his shoes I wouldn't do the same. But he's playing this game extremely well so far, which is exactly why I respect him as the expert at this point.

The game is this dangerous balancing act of supplementing your team with good UFA's, but still building your prospect pool with good picks.

I would have just signed Ryan Reeves and co and waited till I have a bunch of Bedards.

Clearly SY has a very good scouting staff (amateur and pro) and he;s limited himself to UFA's with term. This could very well be seen as a half assed, very mid, approach for any GM, but he's executed it with surprising success.

I think it's eaay to overlook Berggren, Kasper, Mazur, Lombardi, Danielson, Edvonsson, ASP, Wallinder, Johansdon, and Cossa thinking they arent living up to theire hype.  But it's really kind of the opposite.  They're all playing high level hockey for being so young.  I think Seider and Raymond really spoiled us.

50 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Scott. It takes a minimum of 2 years to get rid of the guys you don't want before you can even start to rebuild. You are leaving the tear down aspect completely out of the equation. Yzerman didn't start from scratch. He started worse than scratch. And it took him 2 or 3 seasons just to get to scratch.

14 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Scott. It takes a minimum of 2 years to get rid of the guys you don't want before you can even start to rebuild. You are leaving the tear down aspect completely out of the equation. Yzerman didn't start from scratch. He started worse than scratch. And it took him 2 or 3 seasons just to get to scratch.

exactly.  thats the point.  he's only doing what "it takes".  He's not using magic pixie dust and retooling a loser into a champion on the fly.

"As the Detroit Red Wings explore the market and look to add non-rental pieces to their roster, young forward Jonatan Berggren remains an asset they are dangling as bait. The 23-year-old is having an outstanding year in the AHL, with 38 points in 37 games to date, and performed well in a brief sting with the big club. But word is he recently rejected a contract extension pitched by the Red Wings and wants a shot at a full-time NHL gig, something he clearly isn’t getting right now in Detroit. Around five teams, including Calgary and Montreal, have expressed interest."

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/saros-available-markstrom-chatter-guentzel-talk-pettersson-contract-more

On 2/22/2024 at 3:36 PM, kipwinger said:

"As the Detroit Red Wings explore the market and look to add non-rental pieces to their roster, young forward Jonatan Berggren remains an asset they are dangling as bait. The 23-year-old is having an outstanding year in the AHL, with 38 points in 37 games to date, and performed well in a brief sting with the big club. But word is he recently rejected a contract extension pitched by the Red Wings and wants a shot at a full-time NHL gig, something he clearly isn’t getting right now in Detroit. Around five teams, including Calgary and Montreal, have expressed interest."

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/saros-available-markstrom-chatter-guentzel-talk-pettersson-contract-more

He went on a sting?  Kid has guts.

On 2/22/2024 at 6:36 PM, kipwinger said:

I know Yzerman has had strong interest in Nick Schmaltz, I believe he has like 2 x $5,850,000 left on his deal after this season. Something around Berggren+ would be sweet for Schmaltz.

Edited by diehardredwingsfan58

30 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I know Yzerman has had strong interest in Nick Schmaltz, I believe he has like 2 x $5,850,000 left on his deal after this season. Something around Berggren+ would be sweet for Schmaltz.

I remember hearing rumors about Detroit and him, but I'll be honest with you I'm not really a big Schmaltz guy. He's a really skilled player, but he's soft as warm butter and our right shot winger depth is really good (Debrincat, Raymond, Sprong). I'd imagine he'd cost a 1st (plus more) to acquire and I'd be looking at Buchnevich if I'm SY and I'm willing to part with my 1st.

On 1/29/2024 at 11:51 PM, Scott R Lucidi said:

St Louis involved, too.

Yzerman not trading Chiarot for the raw-chicken-eating version of Mr Glass. 

Ben is almost as beloved in the room as Perron. 

We dodged the Ottawa loser cooties in the Debrincat trade. No need to temp fate again. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

On 1/30/2024 at 10:06 PM, Axl Foley said:

Google Detroit Red Wings roster 2019 - 20 and after you get done throwing up. Consider the first 2 years min of Yzerguy he was cleaning a hoarder's house. 

20 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yzerman not trading Chiarot for the raw-chicken-eating version of Mr Glass. 

Ben is almost as beloved in the room as Perron. 

We dodged the Ottawa loser cooties in the Debrincat trade. No need to temp fate again. 

Chiarot is not good, but he does log a lot of minutes and is a gamer.  I just don't want him past this season.  Time for Edvinsson in 24-25.

Playoffs are a different cookie Scott.

Chia-pet will earn his stripes with the 'brawl and maul' that occurs especially in the first couple of games of a series.

If I'm an opposing coach in the playoffs I am dumping the puck in and nailing Seider every chance I get.   Kane and Larkin?   The're getting pounded. 

My point is, that it's going to take a round of the playoffs to see which guys do or don't have the will to compete in a way more physical atmosphere than normal.