• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm assuming this is to keep Bertuzzi up?

I don't think Bertuzzi is going anywhere regardless. I think it could be to give Turgeon (who I think has looked very good in limited minutes) a bit of a longer look... That and to make room on the 23 man roster for Hicketts.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-lightning-rangers-mcdonagh-nylander-maple-leafs-carolina-hurricanes/2018/01/22/

The Lightning are 30th in the league in faceoff win percentage and could use a ‘faceoff man’ like Anaheim Ducks Antoine Vermette.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if the Lightning also looked at adding a defenseman before the trade deadline.

GREEN + GLENDENING FOR KUCHEROV

DO IT NOW

10 minutes ago, Dabura said:

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-lightning-rangers-mcdonagh-nylander-maple-leafs-carolina-hurricanes/2018/01/22/

The Lightning are 30th in the league in faceup ioff win percentage and could use a ‘faceoff man’ like Anaheim Ducks Antoine Vermette.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if the Lightning also looked at adding a defenseman before the trade deadline.

GREEN + GLENDENING FOR KUCHEROV

DO IT NOW

Yup i want to scalp Yzerman now.

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

if Stevie does that trade , you know he's our next GM ! 

That's what we're banking on.

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Adding to their woes, Palat's out for 6-8 weeks.

https://www.nhl.com/news/lightning-ondrej-palat-out-6-8-weeks/c-295184558

Yeah i just saw that, How about Nyquist for Sergachev we'll make Stevie Y want to come home.

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Remember when Trouba and Fowler were all the rage here? Fowler signed a long term expensive deal, I wonder how Trouba is feeling now that Winnipeg is doing so well? We really don't hear too much about him being too unhappy anymore.

$6.5 million/year for 8 years ain't that expensive for a guy of Fowler's caliber. He'll be the Ducks anchor for the foreseeable future with Lindholm and Manson under contract until '22. Montour is a pending RFA, Bieksa and Beauchemin UFA this off season. The Ducks D is solid.

Regarding Trouba --

Listening to Marek and Friedman's 31 Thoughts Podcast... they were talking about buyers and sellers and specifically the defensive market. They specifically addressed Winnipeg's defense, wondering if they might look at trading Buff. Trouba and Morrissey are "killing it" ...but can you trade Buff if you don't know if you're keeping Trouba?  Buff is under contract for three more years. Can you afford to trade him before you know that Trouba is staying?  Sure, the Jets kept winning when Buff was out of the lineup... but if Trouba doesn't stay, your right side then goes from Trouba, Buff, Meyers... to Meyers and what??

I'm sure Trouba is much happier these days.  He's playing really well and is getting the ice time he so coveted before his bridge deal.  Their team looks good and should be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. Winnipeg should get to extending him as soon as possible.

22 minutes ago, e_prime said:

$6.5 million/year for 8 years ain't that expensive for a guy of Fowler's caliber. He'll be the Ducks anchor for the foreseeable future with Lindholm and Manson under contract until '22. Montour is a pending RFA, Bieksa and Beauchemin UFA this off season. The Ducks D is solid.

Regarding Trouba --

Listening to Marek and Friedman's 31 Thoughts Podcast... they were talking about buyers and sellers and specifically the defensive market. They specifically addressed Winnipeg's defense, wondering if they might look at trading Buff. Trouba and Morrissey are "killing it" ...but can you trade Buff if you don't know if you're keeping Trouba?  Buff is under contract for three more years. Can you afford to trade him before you know that Trouba is staying?  Sure, the Jets kept winning when Buff was out of the lineup... but if Trouba doesn't stay, your right side then goes from Trouba, Buff, Meyers... to Meyers and what??

I'm sure Trouba is much happier these days.  He's playing really well and is getting the ice time he so coveted before his bridge deal.  Their team looks good and should be in the hunt for the foreseeable future. Winnipeg should get to extending him as soon as possible.

Agree with you on Fowler. In regards to Winnipeg, I think they're going to have to look at trading some D eventually. No way they can keep all of Morrisey, Trouba, Meyers, Byfuglien, Kulikov, and Enstrom indefinitely. I suppose the plan would be to let Buff and Enstrom walk when their contracts are up in order to be able to keep and sign the younger guys, but that would require some really good management skills on Cheveldayoff's part. I still think I would look into trading one of the younger guys. The assets coming back would continue to keep the cupboard stocked. Kick some tires Ken.

Enstrom's contract is up this summer.  Meyers the following summer.  Kulikov in 2020.

I imagine that Cheveldayoff will be looking to keep that core of Buf, Trouba, Morrissey, and Kulikov intact. 

Chevy seems to have set himself up nicely to re:up appropriately, as needed. If the Jets keep up their good play, don't see why any of those aforementioned guys are necessarily looking elsewhere for a payday when they've got a team that might be Cup bound in the next few years.  With that in the cards,  Chevy may be able to re-sign either Enstrom or Meyers for less than the $5+ million they're currently pulling down.  Toby seems like a good egg and will probably stay with the team if he doesn't price himself out. If anyone is getting traded, I'd say it's Meyers.

18 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Enstrom's contract is up this summer.  Meyers the following summer.  Kulikov in 2020.

I imagine that Cheveldayoff will be looking to keep that core of Buf, Trouba, Morrissey, and Kulikov intact. 

Chevy seems to have set himself up nicely to re:up appropriately, as needed. If the Jets keep up their good play, don't see why any of those aforementioned guys are necessarily looking elsewhere for a payday when they've got a team that might be Cup bound in the next few years.  With that in the cards,  Chevy may be able to re-sign either Enstrom or Meyers for less than the $5+ million they're currently pulling down.  Toby seems like a good egg and will probably stay with the team if he doesn't price himself out. If anyone is getting traded, I'd say it's Meyers.

Is Kulikov good now?

38 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is Kulikov good now?

TBD.  Certainly playing better/being used more effectively with the Jets.  When I say, "Keeping the core of Buff, Trouba, Morrissey, and Kulikov intact" I mean specifically for the near future.  I mean only that Enstrom and Meyers are less likely to remain a Jet than Kulikov.

tumblr_mwe33fTd201s5bh5uo1_500.gif

Edited by e_prime

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

TBD.  Certainly playing better/being used more effectively with the Jets.  When I say, "Keeping the core of Buff, Trouba, Morrissey, and Kulikov intact" I mean specifically for the near future.  I mean only that Enstrom and Meyers are less likely to remain a Jet than Kulikov.

tumblr_mwe33fTd201s5bh5uo1_500.gif

Gotcha. I know the Sabresbros did not care for him.

Enstrom looks like he's having a real down year. Myers is actually their highest scoring Dman right meow.