• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/7 GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Nah I just look at other factors. But it doesn’t matter anymore, his fate has clearly already been decided. Three whole starts since late November, and only got this one due to Howard’s injury or whatever it is. And you expect him to come in cold against Tampa and win? Lol I knew he wouldn’t do well. Not many goalies would after that kinda lay off. A backup goalie needs to play more than once or twice a month. It’s common sense.

I dunno why the Wings are holding onto him if he’s clearly not in their current or future plans. Why not just waive him and hope he gets picked up and $4 mill comes off the books? What are they worried about? He’s not needed, is he?

They're holding on to him because that's what you do with backups. Generally each team has 2 goalies you know. He's clearly needed. Our starter got injured.  

What's the point of $4 million off the books right now? Not like we're a Stanley Cup team looking to get a $10 million dollar player at the trade deadline. 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He's clearly needed. Our starter got injured. Generally that's why teams have backups. 

What's the point of $4 million off the books right now? Not like we're a Stanley Cup team looking to get a $10 million dollar player at the trade deadline. 

Other teams actually use their backups in some sort of rotation though. Look at Babcock. He doesn’t let Curt Mac rot just because he has Fred Andersen. The Wings have Coreau. They’d be fine. 

Why not take money off the books? Money off the books sounded good around here when the Mrazek trade rumours hit a couple months ago. What’s changed?

22 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Other teams actually use their backups in some sort of rotation though. Look at Babcock. He doesn’t let Curt Mac rot just because he has Fred Andersen. The Wings have Coreau. They’d be fine. 

Why not take money off the books? Money off the books sounded good around here when the Mrazek trade rumours hit a couple months ago. What’s changed?

Are you kidding me? Mrazek has played more games than Curtis McElhinney. And Mrazek has played more games than him since late November. At least McElhinney has decent stats. I suggest you pay attention before continuing to blindly sympathize for Mrazek lol.

Edited by kickazz

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Are you kidding me? Mrazek has played more games than Curtis McElhinney. And Mrazek has played more games than him since late November. At least McElhinney has decent stats. I suggest you pay attention before continuing to blindly sympathize for Mrazek lol.

Martin Brodeur's backups didn't play much either. Schwab, Clemmensen, Terreri, Weekes, and Hedberg among orhers all had better stats than Mraz-suck.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He’s played more, but only because Blash was actually playing him up until early November and he had some solid outings while playing some high powered offensive teams. Since Nov. 9 he’s had four starts. Three in two months give or take. Doubt he would have played tonight had things been the norm. McIllhenneys are  spaced out pretty consistently. Hasn’t had one for a little bit though. Bit of a bad example, I see quite a few Leaf games and he seemed to be in net more than his numbers indicate. but the fact remains Blash just gave up on Mrazek and they may as well move him.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

He’s played more, but only because Blash was actually playing him up until early November and he had some solid outings while playing some high powered offensive teams. Since Nov. 9 he’s had four starts. Three in two months give or take. Doubt he would have played tonight had things been the norm. McIllhenneys are  spaced out pretty consistently. Hasn’t had one for a little bit though. Bit of a bad example, I see quite a few Leaf games and he seemed to be in net more than his numbers indicate. but the fact remains Blash just gave up on Mrazek and they may as well move him.

You're backtracking and making excuses for Mrazek again. Both McElhinney and Mrazek are backups, but Mrazek has gotten more starts. That's plain and simple. 

If anything McElhinney should get more starts because he's actually a decent backup. Mrazek has been absolutely terrible this season and the fact that he's even getting any starts should be a surprise. 

Comparing McElhinney to Mrazek just hurts Mrazek's case more since he's doing worse between the two. 

You're also wrong about McElhinney's starts being spread out more. Mrazek. His games are actually spread out more than Mrazek's.

In november McElhinney played on the 2nd, 11th, and 25th. Mrazek played on the 5th, 9th, 22nd, and 25th. Take a look yourself, Mrazek got more frequent starts and less time in between. In December McElhinney  played on the 10th, 15th, 20th. Mrazek played 2nd, 9th, 19th. Mrazek is a little more spread but not nearly as bad as McElhinney had it in November. 

Edited by kickazz

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Martin Brodeur's backups didn't play much either. Schwab, Clemmensen, Terreri, Weekes, and Hedberg among orhers all had better stats than Mraz-suck.

True. But the era most of them played under Brodeur, NJ was a powerhouse with a nasty trap system. Marty even benefitted from that. Detroit currently is s***.

11 minutes ago, kickazz said:

You're backtracking and making excuses for Mrazek again. Both McElhinney and Mrazek are backups, but Mrazek has gotten more starts. That's plain and simple. 

If anything McElhinney should get more starts because he's actually a decent backup. Mrazek has been absolutely terrible this season and the fact that he's even getting any starts should be a surprise. 

Comparing McElhinney to Mrazek just hurts Mrazek's case more since he's doing worse between the two. 

You're also wrong about McElhinney's starts being spread out more. Mrazek. His games are actually spread out more than Mrazek's.

In november McElhinney played on the 2nd, 11th, and 25th. Mrazek played on the 5th, 9th, 22nd, and 25th. Take a look yourself, Mrazek got more frequent starts and less time in between. In December McElhinney  played on the 10th, 15th, 20th. Mrazek played 2nd, 9th, 19th. Mrazek is a little more spread but not nearly as bad as McElhinney had it in November. 

I’m counting starts. Not games he came in in relief, of which there were two. Nov 9, 25. Dec 2, 25. Then tonight. 

Before that he was getting more starts. Then all of a sudden barely anything. As i’ve said three times now, I get it. He’s got no future in Detroit and it’s clear. I’d like to see him get a chance elsewhere and I hope he does.

20 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I’m counting starts. Not games he came in in relief, of which there were two. Nov 9, 25. Dec 2, 25. Then tonight. 

Before that he was getting more starts. Then all of a sudden barely anything. As i’ve said three times now, I get it. He’s got no future in Detroit and it’s clear. I’d like to see him get a chance elsewhere and I hope he does.

That's nitpicking. Even if he didn't start, he played over half of the minutes on thjose games except the one on 11/22. And he wasn't very good in the relief either which didn't help his case to win the starter job. 

Mrazek should be happy he's still employed to be honest... The way he's playing he might not have a job in the NHL come next year. 

As far as the bold, why are you shocked? He was getting starts but then Howard started playing lights out from October 22 until late November. They went with the hot hand... 

Edited by kickazz

Big thing will be after this layoff if Jimmy is still tender in the lower regions PM gets the start and has had a week to work his butt off getting ready. If he comes in and lays an egg of suck then.......I am still wondering what happened around the time of his birthday when he was playing almost lights off then faded. Someone get pictures of him doing something bad and are blackmailing him for the last 2 years?

34 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Big thing will be after this layoff if Jimmy is still tender in the lower regions PM gets the start and has had a week to work his butt off getting ready. If he comes in and lays an egg of suck then.......I am still wondering what happened around the time of his birthday when he was playing almost lights off then faded. Someone get pictures of him doing something bad and are blackmailing him for the last 2 years?

They replaced the goalie coach Jim Bedard with the GR guy and it didn’t really workout for Mrazek. 

Anyways if it makes anyone feel better, this was the best team in the league

Edited by kickazz

Either way, I am pretty sure Mrazek will not be here in 18-19.  I'd love to get some kind of compensation for him, but (and remember I was a huge fan of Mrazek) I really could care either way, just as long as they don't qualify him.  Just let him become a UFA and kind work elsewhere. I am one that is really disappointed that he flopped, he showed so much potential that half a season.  He led the NHL in GAA, SAV and Shutouts. Then on his birthday game, he shat the bed and then was never the same...I also remember the time he was flying high and yelled and motioned at Helm for deflecting a puck into his own net.  I wish I could find that goal to post the video, but that also seemed like where he started declining.  Heck, it may have been the game after his birthday that season he took a dump... not sure.

22 hours ago, chaps80 said:

True. But the era most of them played under Brodeur, NJ was a powerhouse with a nasty trap system. Marty even benefitted from that. Detroit currently is s***.

Everytime I hear about the NJ trap system I picture 5 Admiral Akbars skating in front of Brodeur.

22 hours ago, chaps80 said:

This I agree with.

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Either way, I am pretty sure Mrazek will not be here in 18-19.  I'd love to get some kind of compensation for him, but (and remember I was a huge fan of Mrazek) I really could care either way, just as long as they don't qualify him.  Just let him become a UFA and kind work elsewhere. I am one that is really disappointed that he flopped, he showed so much potential that half a season.  He led the NHL in GAA, SAV and Shutouts. Then on his birthday game, he shat the bed and then was never the same...I also remember the time he was flying high and yelled and motioned at Helm for deflecting a puck into his own net.  I wish I could find that goal to post the video, but that also seemed like where he started declining.  Heck, it may have been the game after his birthday that season he took a dump... not sure.

I'm pretty sure he's taken a few dumps since then. Or he'd be REALLY bloated.

I liked this game. Alot.

Annoyance.
Pain.
Hate.
Revenge.
Alertness.
Misery.

All traits needed for an ancient greek "pathos" (passion) play. Where the hero(es) through struggles finally reach enlightenment, achieving a status towering their human peers.

Well, one could dream. It's all we got, might as well go ancient on our team.

Oh and it earned me a quick 15 bucks.

=)

Edited by Jacksoni