No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

1/7 GDT - Lightning @ Red Wings - 7:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

End of 2nd. Bolts lead 3-1.

Was a mostly excellent response period.

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

that was a nasty slapper to the head, hope he's ok.

There was contact against Mrazek, but I don't think that it was the reason the puck went in

Wasn't necessarily the reason the puck went in, but you could definitely make the case that it handcufed Mrazek enough for the goal to be possible.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

This is every game we play against these guys. All the chances in the world, can't convert. Tampa gets a few looks, they convert.

Story of our season as well.

it's like we're Wsh and they're Pit, doesn't matter how well we play, we're gonna come up short

except, you know, Wsh is a good team and stuff

1 minute ago, datterberg1340 said:

it's like we're Wsh and they're Pit, doesn't matter how well we play, we're gonna come up short

except, you know, Wsh is a good team and stuff

Reminds me of the Blues-Wings rivalry of the mid-to-late '90s. :(

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again (and many times again after this): while we do need a 1D and a 1C, we shouldn't understate how badly we need goal scoring, regardless of where it's coming from. A lot of people are going to be saying we shouldn't be looking at the top wingers in the upcoming draft, but, s***, if the kid can score clutch goals, he's worth considering. Beggars, choosers, all that jazz.

I looked at the lineup for tonight and saw Mrazek starting. Was thinking to myself that it hasn’t been a month since his last start yet, and Howard has been playing well, what’s up? Then I see Coreau backing up. Ruh roh. Jimmy has a lower body injury? Didn’t think anything was wrong with him since he finished the last game. Must just be precautionary?

Nice! 3-2. I dunno how to feel about this winning lately. It’s nice, but it sure keeps the team in the mid-pack non-playoff bunch. Good to see AA stepping up though, his OT goal against the Sens was savage!

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Didnt get a chance to see the game, did Mrazek look any good?

No idea. Doesn’t seem that way, but maybe he looks half decent. But that’s kinda how things go when he starts like two games a month. Keeping the backup rusty is key to Blashill’s process. May as well start Coreau, least he’s played recently.

5-2. Nice.

18 minutes ago, kliq said:

Didnt get a chance to see the game, did Mrazek look any good?

Did in the beginning. Then flopped. 

5 goals on 24 shots. 

14 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

No idea. Doesn’t seem that way, but maybe he looks half decent. But that’s kinda how things go when he starts like two games a month. Keeping the backup rusty is key to Blashill’s process. May as well start Coreau, least he’s played recently.

5-2. Nice.

God the amount of excuses you make for Mrazek is almost as sad as brain tumor. 

I bet todays refs get pat on the butt from their boss. Yzerman should call Buttman and tell him his team can win games without his help

Seen Kucherov goal celebration? Looked like a playoff overtime win goal, isn't it? No, he didn't celebrate a goal, he celebrate they took advantage of that blatant moronic call... He is a that kind of a *****...

Edited by ami

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Did in the beginning. Then flopped. 

5 goals on 24 shots. 

God the amount of excuses you make for Mrazek is almost as sad as brain tumor. 

Nah I just look at other factors. But it doesn’t matter anymore, his fate has clearly already been decided. Three whole starts since late November, and only got this one due to Howard’s injury or whatever it is. And you expect him to come in cold against Tampa and win? Lol I knew he wouldn’t do well. Not many goalies would after that kinda lay off. A backup goalie needs to play more than once or twice a month. It’s common sense.

I dunno why the Wings are holding onto him if he’s clearly not in their current or future plans. Why not just waive him and hope he gets picked up and $4 mill comes off the books? What are they worried about? He’s not needed, is he?