• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

2018-2019 Opening Night Roster - Dedicated to BlueAdams!

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm not. It's not official that Z is "done". He'll miss training camp and the start of the season. That's all that's been said about it. Even if Z is done, it had nothing to do with Larkin's contract.

https://www.tsn.ca/blashill-not-expecting-zetterberg-to-play-1.1163436

Dang. I guess that's not all that's been said about it.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/08/red_wings_preparing_for_season.html#incart_river_index

Holland said they won't look to acquire another center. They're comfortable having Larkin, Frans Nielsen, Andreas Athanasiou - who'll be moved from wing - and Luke Glendening in the middle. Darren Helm can play there as well. If there's an injury, they can recall Dominic Turgeon from the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Holland said they're not scheduled to bring in anyone to camp on a pro tryout but that could change next week.

"We're going to give lots of kids an opportunity," Holland said. "On the back end, there's an opportunity for sure for one young defenseman to make our team. If a second one can make it, then we'll assess what we'll do with our roster."

Filip Hronek, coming off a strong rookie season in the AHL, has the inside track in a competition with Joe Hicketts, Libor Sulak and Dennis Cholowski.

"As I look at our team, we're going to get younger over the course of the next 6-12 months," Holland said. "Can (Michael) Rasmussen and (Filip) Zadina make the team? We're going to put them on the team if they can play in the NHL and we're not doing anything detrimental to their development as players."

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Holland said they won't look to acquire another center. They're comfortable having Larkin, Frans Nielsen, Andreas Athanasiou - who'll be moved from wing - and Luke Glendening in the middle. Darren Helm can play there as well. If there's an injury, they can recall Dominic Turgeon from the Grand Rapids Griffins.

Holland said they're not scheduled to bring in anyone to camp on a pro tryout but that could change next week.

"We're going to give lots of kids an opportunity," Holland said. "On the back end, there's an opportunity for sure for one young defenseman to make our team. If a second one can make it, then we'll assess what we'll do with our roster."

Filip Hronek, coming off a strong rookie season in the AHL, has the inside track in a competition with Joe Hicketts, Libor Sulak and Dennis Cholowski.

"As I look at our team, we're going to get younger over the course of the next 6-12 months," Holland said. "Can (Michael) Rasmussen and (Filip) Zadina make the team? We're going to put them on the team if they can play in the NHL and we're not doing anything detrimental to their development as players."

#WaiveJensen #Pray4Jensen

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Vanek - Athanasiou - Zadina

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendening

Frk / Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Daley

Kronwall - Hronek

Jensen

Howard

Bernier

As much as I would like that.  I think he's in the A for most of the year.  

I'm gonna go out on a HUGE limb and say it's gonna be Rasmussen, Svech, and one of the "H" defensemen taking the three open spots.  Anybody else coming up is gonna be injury call up.

One of these three need to go.

Just now, e_prime said:

I'm gonna go out on a HUGE limb and say it's gonna be Rasmussen, Svech, and one of the "H" defensemen taking the three open spots.  Anybody else coming up is gonna be injury call up.

Everything above is jiving with my brain

IMIO, there's a good chance Helm and/or Glendenning are gone by the deadline. 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Everything above is jiving with my brain

IMIO, there's a good chance Helm and/or Glendenning are gone by the deadline. 

I'd love it if one of Valeno or Zadina wowed enough to get an early shot... and it seems that we're getting on board with getting youngsters into the lineup quicker than we used to, especially with our current roster and players that could be/should be on the move. 

All that being said, I still don't know how quickly we want to burn through ELC years with these guys who truly could benefit from a year or more in the pros before they're brought up.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

Only part I disagree with. I think starting in the AHL would be beneficial to Zadina, but I think he'll adjust relatively quickly and be ready for a call up. Despite the prospect tourney I still think he's borderline ready. 

10 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Only part I disagree with. I think starting in the AHL would be beneficial to Zadina, but I think he'll adjust relatively quickly and be ready for a call up. Despite the prospect tourney I still think he's borderline ready. 

We'll see.  It's not like I WANT Zadina to be in the AHL.  I just wonder about roster space and the veteran to rookie ratio.  If there are some trades, you betcha I want Zadina up on the roster.  #ZadinaOrWeRiot

On 7/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wanna bet on it...?

Anyway, not my lines, but here are Custance's lines from his athletic article (behind a paywall):

Bertuzzi - Zetterberg - Zadina
Athanasiou - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - Nielsen - Nyquist
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Dekeyser - Green
Ericsson - Daley
Kronwall - Jensen
Hronek

You'd of lost.

19 hours ago, e_prime said:

I can see it going either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a big camp / pre-season and starts in Detroit, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has an okay camp / pre-season (like the prospects tournament) and starts in Grand Rapids. What I would be surprised about is Zadina playing the full season in the AHL. I think he'll get a look at some point this season. I'd be fine with Zadina starting in GR though. It would give me an excuse to get back into watching more Griffins games.

53 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I can see it going either way. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a big camp / pre-season and starts in Detroit, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has an okay camp / pre-season (like the prospects tournament) and starts in Grand Rapids. What I would be surprised about is Zadina playing the full season in the AHL. I think he'll get a look at some point this season. I'd be fine with Zadina starting in GR though. It would give me an excuse to get back into watching more Griffins games.

I think I'm gonna get some Griffins games IN this season.  Detroit isn't THAT far away from Grand Rapids and travel, plus game, hotel, etc. probably on par with what it might cost to take the fam to LCA for the evening.

44 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Cuz only the bravest of macho warrior types drive from Detroit to Grand Rapids to watch hockey? lol

I guess im a pretty brave macho warrior , or a stupid one. I drive from the Manistee area every week to work....in Detroit. Once there, once back, every week, for the last 6 years. Bring on the snow!

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess im a pretty brave macho warrior , or a stupid one. I drive from the Manistee area every week to work....in Detroit. Once there, once back, every week, for the last 6 years. Bring on the snow!

That's some epic driving. Maybe give @e_prime a lift to Grand Rapids some weekend on you way home? Then I won't have to listen to @Jonas Mahonas call him a wuss anymore. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Can I tell you all about this time me and my friend Joel drove from Kalamazoo to Muskegon in a blizzard to watch a silly K-Wings game?  Like, couldn't see but a few feet in front of the car.  At points, complete white out. We got there about mid-way through the 1st period. They then proceeded to get trounced 6-0.  ...but the K-Wings won all the fights, so it was all good.   You know, just regular "being a wuss" stuff.

Now this brings us back to here.

With Ras, Cholowski, and Ehn making the team (Svech possibly here too) what does your lineup look like?

Keep in mind that Green is out and quite possibly Daley, E and Kronwall.

Ras - Larkin - Mantha

Nyquist - AA - Vanek

Ehn - Nielsen - Bertuzzi

Abby - Glenny - Helm

(Frk and Svech extra unless Svech is good to go then I don't know who he'll replace...)

(For me, the D will be hard to pair if those guys aren't ready for Thursday, so I will just list the ones playing if that's happens.)

Dekeyser - Jensen

Cholowski - Sulak

Hicketts - Hronek

Howard (because he's the incumbent) 

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/09/red_wings_youth_on_display_to.html#incart_river_index

I have no idea how lines will look on opening night. Too many question marks on the back end. With everyone healthy, I'd like to see something like this...

Bertuzzi- Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Vanek - Athanasiou - Svechnikov

Frk / Ehn

Cholowski - Daley

DeKeyser - Green

Kronwall / Ericsson - Jensen

Kronwall / Ericsson

Howard

Bernier

Of course, who knows if everyone will ever be healthy on this team... And if / when they are, my opinion could change 10 times before then...

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I have no idea how lines will look on opening night. Too many question marks on the back end. With everyone healthy, I'd like to see something like this...

Bertuzzi- Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Vanek - Athanasiou - Svechnikov

Frk / Ehn

Cholowski - Daley

DeKeyser - Green

Kronwall / Ericsson - Jensen

Kronwall / Ericsson

Howard

Bernier

Of course, who knows if everyone will ever be healthy on this team... And if / when they are, my opinion could change 10 times before then...

No Witkowski = no fun.