• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

10/11 GDT - Maple Leafs at Red Wings - 7:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Obviously a feeling out of frustration after the regular season start:

Trade - Abby, Helm, Gus, Jimmy, and Glendening

Trade or somehow get rid of Kronner

Get a bunch of draft picks and promising young talent.  Young talent who some will pan out, some will flop.  Play our young kids every night.  Stack this team through picks and the draft so we are in a position in three years to be an elite team for at least five years with a few cups wins.

This team, as what's been displayed on the ice thus far, isn't going anywhere.  I wish I were wrong.

Talking with a bunch of Wings fans last night during the game who argue "the Wings won't do this because there primary concern is selling tickets and filling LCA!"

My response: "I think that's underestimating the hockey intelligence of this town and Wings fans.  If we are given a clear sign of what they are trying to do with a 100% Youth Movement, I think we are smart enough fans to buy-in and get excited about watching our future.  Besides, the Wings were garbage last year and the LCA was nearly full every night (despite the appearance of people in the seats during games).  Wings games in this town are an event and a lot of corporations and people with a lot of disposable income will still come down to watch the games and show interest in seeing how this young team develops...oh yeah....and the Jack Hughes "thing""

Yes, i fully understand that this is strictly a business for the Illitches, but I'd be concerned if I were them that fans are going to lose their patience if we don't see clear signs of this team being really good in the NEAR future.  Pistons are in dire trouble because their fan base has no hope, or sign of changes that will lead to a solid competitive team.  NOTHING.

I'm all IN on the future.  What I'm seeing now on the ice leads me to dread a ten year process until we are really competitive again.  If we are going to suck, let's suck with our eyes wide open and looking at the near future.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

1 hour ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Obviously a feeling out of frustration after the regular season start:

Trade - Abby, Helm, Gus, Jimmy, and Glendening

Trade or somehow get rid of Kronner

Get a bunch of draft picks and promising young talent.  Young talent who some will pan out, some will flop.  Play our young kids every night.  Stack this team through picks and the draft so we are in a position in three years to be an elite team for at least five years with a few cups wins.

This team, as what's been displayed on the ice thus far, isn't going anywhere.  I wish I were wrong.

Talking with a bunch of Wings fans last night during the game who argue "the Wings won't do this because there primary concern is selling tickets and filling LCA!"

My response: "I think that's underestimating the hockey intelligence of this town and Wings fans.  If we are given a clear sign of what they are trying to do with a 100% Youth Movement, I think we are smart enough fans to buy-in and get excited about watching our future.  Besides, the Wings were garbage last year and the LCA was nearly full every night (despite the appearance of people in the seats during games).  Wings games in this town are an event and a lot of corporations and people with a lot of disposable income will still come down to watch the games and show interest in seeing how this young team develops...oh yeah....and the Jack Hughes "thing""

Yes, i fully understand that this is strictly a business for the Illitches, but I'd be concerned if I were them that fans are going to lose their patience if we don't see clear signs of this team being really good in the NEAR future.  Pistons are in dire trouble because their fan base has no hope, or sign of changes that will lead to a solid competitive team.  NOTHING.

I'm all IN on the future.  What I'm seeing now on the ice leads me to dread a ten year process until we are really competitive again.  If we are going to suck, let's suck with our eyes wide open and looking at the near future.

Kronwall is old and slow I get it but if we want any of these young forwards to have a chance we need some guys who can move the puck. Kronwall can move the puck. He's always been a good passer. I'm all for having young guys in the lineup and I've given into the fact it's happening right in front of my face but these young guys can't get better on their own.  Green, Kronwall, Daley and even ( I cringe) Ericcson will help these guys along.  Abby is in no mans land right now. He could be a very effective 3/4th line checker but he's paid like a guy who should score 20 goals. Won't happen. Jimmy isn't getting traded. He's in the last year of his deal and he will probably be gone at the end of the year unless a team has emergency goalie issues. Nyquist better start doing something quick or he's going to end up on the bench, he's been totally invisible and isn't really tradeable unless we Vegas wants to make a Tatar deal again :)  There are a million Glendennings out there. Could care less either way about that guy. 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Image result for glass half full meme

Image result for when the pizza guy arrives

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kronwall moved the puck beautifully last night.  Straight onto the sticks of the Leafs players.

Wasn't his best game for sure. Also I know it's pointing out the obvious but boy his mobility is bad, it seemed even more noticeable yesterday. 

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

6 hours ago, puckbags said:

Kronwall is old and slow I get it but if we want any of these young forwards to have a chance we need some guys who can move the puck. Kronwall can move the puck. He's always been a good passer. I'm all for having young guys in the lineup and I've given into the fact it's happening right in front of my face but these young guys can't get better on their own.  Green, Kronwall, Daley and even ( I cringe) Ericcson will help these guys along.  Abby is in no mans land right now. He could be a very effective 3/4th line checker but he's paid like a guy who should score 20 goals. Won't happen. Jimmy isn't getting traded. He's in the last year of his deal and he will probably be gone at the end of the year unless a team has emergency goalie issues. Nyquist better start doing something quick or he's going to end up on the bench, he's been totally invisible and isn't really tradeable unless we Vegas wants to make a Tatar deal again :)  There are a million Glendennings out there. Could care less either way about that guy. 

Kronwall is still a decent player, it's just cool to s*** on Kronwall and Abdelkader at the moment.

He's definitely slowed way down, as is expected with an older player, and can no longer throw the big hits or be as offensively dynamic, but I think he's handled the transition to this new style of play rather well. I remember a few instances last night where it was Kronners stick in the lane crucially breaking up the cross pass. His positioning is still surprisingly good. He's a smart player, his body just isn't what it used to be. 

54 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kronwall is still a decent player, it's just cool to s*** on Kronwall and Abdelkader at the moment.

He's definitely slowed way down, as is expected with an older player, and can no longer throw the big hits or be as offensively dynamic, but I think he's handled the transition to this new style of play rather well. I remember a few instances last night where it was Kronners stick in the lane crucially breaking up the cross pass. His positioning is still surprisingly good. He's a smart player, his body just isn't what it used to be. 

Dude, I'd rather see the Undertaker wrestle again than watch Kronwall play again.  He looks done.

11 hours ago, NerveDamage said:

just like many great 'Murican things, Auston is half Mexican.

#MexMuricanRepresent

El Camino!

Chevrolet-El-Camino-front-three-quarters

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Must agree with others...Not only has his mobility been in decline, but his decision making, and play making ability has declined as well.

6 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Dude, I'd rather see the Undertaker wrestle again than watch Kronwall play again.  He looks done.

He also has played 1 game so far. I haven't seen this site turn on a player this quick since nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He also has played 1 game so far. I haven't seen this site turn on a player this quick since nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

Wrestling is not fake!