• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

The Legend of Cholo (A Cholowski Appreciation Thread)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he already looks like a NHL defender that has a few seasons under his belt, makes very few mistakes and is strong with the puck. I feel a little better already about the future of the defense here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

I'm trying not to get too excited, but he already looks like a NHL defender that has a few seasons under his belt, makes very few mistakes and is strong with the puck. I feel a little better already about the future of the defense here.

Agreed, on all counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

You're premature. 

We need to praise him as the next lidstrom. And then if he has even 1 off game, immediately turn on him.

You sound like my GF.

 

Anyway, to contribute to the convo, I found this:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/10/21/dennis-cholowski-detroit-red-wings/1719362002/

Had the Wings not started the season without veteran defensemen Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson, Cholowski would not have been thrown into a prominent role as a rookie. But he was, and responded with a goal in his first game. In his second, he contributed two assists. He leads all Wings defensemen with five points, and is tied for second in points overall on the team.  His 21:48 of average ice time leads team defensemen. 

 

Shoulda drafted Chychryn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You sound like my GF.

 

Anyway, to contribute to the convo, I found this:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/10/21/dennis-cholowski-detroit-red-wings/1719362002/

Had the Wings not started the season without veteran defensemen Mike Green, Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson, Cholowski would not have been thrown into a prominent role as a rookie. But he was, and responded with a goal in his first game. In his second, he contributed two assists. He leads all Wings defensemen with five points, and is tied for second in points overall on the team.  His 21:48 of average ice time leads team defensemen. 

 

Shoulda drafted Chychryn.

A lot of people here were calling for Holland to be fired for trades 1 year cap hit of datsyuk and our #16 pick to Arizona for pick #20. A certain poster in particular until this season never stopped mentioning losing out on chychrun for a bottom pairing Dman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

A lot of people here were calling for Holland to be fired for trades 1 year cap hit of datsyuk and our #16 pick to Arizona for pick #20. A certain poster in particular until this season never stopped mentioning losing out on chychrun for a bottom pairing Dman. 

Image result for eating crow meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now