• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope we get a top 3 pick, but if not, I'd be thrilled with any of Cozens, Zegras, Turcotte or Byram.

Did U see my mock draft above? Could Podkolzin be this year's Zadina? I feel like teams are going to go hard after centers (Zegras, Cozens) and someone's goning to grab Byram in the top 5. With Vasili staying in Russia for one, maybe two seasons, he might slide. 

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I think if you boo the players and curse the organization harder, the lotto odds get better. 

No. It's all about the positive vibes. F*** all that negativity.

Say it with me... "We Will Win The Draft Lottery"...

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Did U see my mock draft above? Could Podkolzin be this year's Zadina? I feel like teams are going to go hard after centers (Zegras, Cozens) and someone's goning to grab Byram in the top 5. With Vasili staying in Russia for one, maybe two seasons, he might slide. 

Well, I hope he slides past us... Nah, to be honest, I don't know a whole lot about him. He wouldn't be my first choice, but he could be another Pettersson, so...

28 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Tankathon Lottery Simulator

Did it like 20 times. We pick 6 or 7 like every time unless we win it all. Maybe @nyqvististhefuture and @TLGTrico were on to something...

Can’t keep winning and hoping for fairytale endings ... not real life

hope we’re smart enough to draft broberg/soderstrom at that point and try and address our d for once 

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Can’t keep winning and hoping for fairytale endings ... not real life

hope we’re smart enough to draft broberg/soderstrom at that point and try and address our d for once 

If we can get two wins against Pitt, and Pitt also loses their last game, and Carolina and Columbus win out their last 3, we can theoretically knock the Pens out of the playoffs

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If we can get two wins against Pitt, and Pitt also loses their last game, and Carolina and Columbus win out their last 3, we can theoretically knock the Pens out of the playoffs

Which = jack hughes cause the hockey gods will reward us , by god you cracked the case 

5 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I'll say one thing.  April 9th is gonna be either a dream come true, or a soul crushing disaster.

What's protocol for both scenarios? Like button party v. freak out and break stuff??

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Which = jack hughes cause the hockey gods will reward us , by god you cracked the case 

Will winning out even hurt our chances that badly?

7 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I'll say one thing.  April 9th is gonna be either a dream come true, or a soul crushing disaster.

We'll finish 5th. And draft no lower than 8th. There's your worst case scenario. If you get to work right away you should be able to properly brace yourself for this before the 9th. THEN, if we move into the top three? PARTY! Win-win. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What's protocol for both scenarios? Like button party v. freak out and break stuff??

Might catch the Rangers. Make worst case 9th overall. But whatevs.

People keep talking about "worst case scenario, dropping 3 spots", which means that THREE teams ahead of us in the standings each win one of the top three picks in the draft lottery. To which I reply, we should have spent a hell of a lot less time tanking and more time winning...

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We'll finish 5th. And draft no lower than 8th. There's your worst case scenario. If you get to work right away you should be able to properly brace yourself for this before the 9th. THEN, if we move into the top three? PARTY! Win-win. 

I've already prepared myself for disappointment

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Probably means we land 8-9 and some people will be happy with 5’6 caufield , or these zebras and boldys but I think considering where we been for 4-5 months it’s a disaster 

Like I said if we land 8-9 I’d strongly consider moving back and landing an extra 2nd and drafting a broberg which would be a huge boost to our d, we need to land a star dman capable of producing crazy numbers for us

sure hronek is being a beast now and reason to like him but we’ll see what that translates to during a full season 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

People keep talking about "worst case scenario, dropping 3 spots", which means that THREE teams ahead of us in the standings each win one of the top three picks in the draft lottery. To which I reply, we should have spent a hell of a lot less time tanking and more time winning...

Doesn't change the fact that worst case scenario actually is dropping three spots. By definition. 

There have been two lotteries current format. It's already happened once. Full on. 

2 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Then, as @frankgrimes used to say, prepare to be "positively surprised" 

3 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

I will say I do think there’s a chance bettman rigs this draft like he did the crosby one cause we built a nice arena with zero fans , hughes playing in Michigan ... has all the writing on the wall for Gary to butt in

but im not gonna bank everything on it

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Doesn't change the fact that worst case scenario actually is dropping three spots. By definition. 

There have been two lotteries current format. It's already happened once. Full on. 

Then, as @frankgrimes used to say, prepare to be "positively surprised" 

Oh if we win I'll be ecstatic.  If not...

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm aware. I think you missed my point...

There's actually been 3 lotteries with this format, and maybe it's a good thing we're not in LA or Jersey's position right now, because the teams with 2nd and 3rd best odds have dropped at least 2 spots all 3 years.  Then again, maybe this is the year one of those teams gets lucky.