• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nvm Zombo beat me to the Frankgrimes reference

I can only dream about leaving a legacy as legendary as that guy. We're still talking about him. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Prepare for the worst hope for the best is all I got right now....

Will the draft selection show be between periods of one of the first playoff games?

Pretty sure playoffs start on the 10th. So this would be it's own thing, on the eve. 

1 minute ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Prepare for the worst hope for the best is all I got right now....

Will the draft selection show be between periods of one of the first playoff games?

I believe it's being held the day before the playoffs begin

7 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

There's actually been 3 lotteries with this format, and maybe it's a good thing we're not in LA or Jersey's position right now, because the teams with 2nd and 3rd best odds have dropped at least 2 spots all 3 years.  Then again, maybe this is the year one of those teams gets lucky.

Exactly. We were never out-"tanking" Ottawa. It was always going to be somewhere between 2nd to 5th(ish) best odds for this team. The odds aren't that drastically different there. Sure, I'd like to finish 30th and have slightly better odds, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it if we don't. There's still a lottery to come. 

Also, if it's actually dropping from 5 to 7, rather than 3 to 5 that everyone's worried about, there's really not a huge discrepancy between 5 to 7 or so in my opinion anyway. Regardless where we pick, at least one of Cozens, Zegras, Turcotte, Byram or maybe even Hughes or Kakko will be available. We're getting a very good prospect in this draft, and there's no telling where we will end up, until after the draft lottery, or where these players will end up, until after the draft. 

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

April 9

8pm EST on NBCSN.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. We were never out-"tanking" Ottawa. It was always going to be somewhere between 2nd to 5th(ish) best odds for this team. The odds aren't that drastically different there. Sure, I'd like to finish 30th and have slightly better odds, but I'm not going to get all bent out of shape over it if we don't. There's still a lottery to come. 

Also, if it's actually dropping from 5 to 7, rather than 3 to 5 that everyone's worried about, there's really not a huge discrepancy between 5 to 7 or so in my opinion anyway. Regardless where we pick, at least one of Cozens, Zegras, Turcotte, Byram or maybe even Hughes or Kakko will be available. We're getting a very good prospect in this draft, and there's no telling where we will end up, until after the draft lottery, or where these players will end up, until after the draft.

Even Mickey was talking about how there's six or seven outstanding players at the top of this draft class.

It's a relatively deep draft. We'll be ok, possibly much better than ok.

Edited by Dabura

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Even Mickey was talking about how there's six or seven outstanding players at the top of this draft class.

But what if we draft 8th? :lol:

(one of my fave MM tracks) 

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Mickeys an old optimistic fool

2003 is considered the best draft 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

so who’s our Milan michalek going to be?

Ugh.  I actually want the Rangers the beat Devils tonight to make sure we stay as far behind them as possible, as opposed to wanting the Devils to win to keep them in reach.  Need Anaheim to win games too because we can still mathematically pass them

Edited by TLGTrico

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

ur momma

Ran out of pasta?

Just now, TLGTrico said:

Ugh.  I actually want the Rangers the beat Devils tonight to make sure we stay as far behind them as possible, as opposed to wanting the Devils to win to keep them in reach

Devils have a game in hand, rangers up 3 with 4 pts in play so hoping the odds are they’ll stay ahead , devils in o,t is the best scenario

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not this one? 

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side...A Rush and a Push and the Land Is Ours...Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now...Half a Person...Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want...How Soon Is Now?...there's a lot to choose from. Pretty much all of Morrissey's lyrics are about being a Wings fan in the 1980s/2010s.

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well Looks like someone wrote about you

I'm not the one pissing and moaning because the Wings are winning games.

Also, it's MISTER Dickhead, thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Boy with the Thorn in His Side...A Rush and a Push and the Land Is Ours...Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now...Half a Person...Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want...How Soon Is Now?...there's a lot to choose from. Pretty much all of Morrissey's lyrics are about being a Wings fan in the 1980s/2010s.

I'm not the one pissing and moaning because the Wings are winning games.

Also, it's MISTER Dickhead, thank you very much.

No your just the one living in a dreamworld ...  don’t get all worked up cause your missing your carb intake 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

No your just the one living in a dreamworld ...  don’t get all worked up cause your missing your carb intake 

Serious moment. I know you're a fan of Brannstrom. Could we not land a player of that caliber in the 1st round without picking in the top 3? He went 15th no? 

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

"What is LGW? Control. LGW is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this."

*holds up a meme of ralph wiggum in an yzerman jersey*

Screen_Shot_2014-01-13_at_6.09.39_PM.png

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Morpheus: "What is LGW? Control. LGW is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this."

*holds up a meme of ralph wiggum in an yzerman jersey*

Screen_Shot_2014-01-13_at_6.09.39_PM.png

Happy 20 year anniversary, silly movie!!

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Serious moment. I know you're a fan of Brannstrom. Could we not land a player of that caliber in the 1st round without picking in the top 3? He went 15th no? 

Great and here I was thinking we had a mutual unspoken agreement to ignore one another 

could we?not if another 6’7 Rasmussen type is staring at us in the face , I’d rather look into later drafts as it’s way too early to determine necas’s future and other guys yet (although brannstrom looks good )

yes chances are we look at past drafts and see that 1 guy that slips through the cracks and drops 8-20 and we’re like wtf but to keep relying on us hitting That one guy yearly instead of getting that sure thing with hall/sequin .... Matthews/laine ... hughes/kakko isn’t reality 

if the redwings were the panthers where we floated 7-12 all season then I wouldn’t give a s*** right now but we were one of the worst teams for pretty much all season, it’s like putting a plate of spaghetti in front of dabura and removing a tiny amount off his plate before he can eat where all that’s left is a handful , he wouldn’t be too happy 

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The only thing tastier than this bowl of tortellini is your tears.

I’m sure the tomato sauce  that pours out of your stomach when we stick a needle in you would disagree 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’m sure the melted chocolate that pours out of your stomach when we stick a needle in you would disagree 

Remember that time the Wings were in 29th place and then they won some games and slipped to 27th and you wouldn't stop crying about it and you kept talking passive-aggressive s*** about some of your fellow Wings fans because they refused to be sad about the Wings winning games?

Good times.