• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

Wheeler from the Athletic published his final rankings (paywall) and they are rather interesting:

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte
  4. Cozens
  5. Byram
  6. Krebs
  7. Boldy
  8. Dach
  9. York
  10. Caufield

He has Podkolzin at #17 btw. He says: "Podkolzin is an instinctual player who makes plays for himself but struggles to involve his teammates..." So kinda like an Athanasiou where most of his production is coming from him just going beast mode and doing everything himself. Granted he doesn't play in the KHL so he may just be so much better than the rest of his league that it's only natural. Wheeler might also be a hater. He listed Pods at 18 at the beginning of the season and 14 mid season.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wheeler from the Athletic published his final rankings (paywall) and they are rather interesting:

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte
  4. Cozens
  5. Byram
  6. Krebs
  7. Boldy
  8. Dach
  9. York
  10. Caufield

He has Podkolzin at #17 btw. He says: "Podkolzin is an instinctual player who makes plays for himself but struggles to involve his teammates..." So kinda like an Athanasiou where most of his production is coming from him just going beast mode and doing everything himself. Granted he doesn't play in the KHL so he may just be so much better than the rest of his league that it's only natural. Wheeler might also be a hater. He listed Pods at 18 at the beginning of the season and 14 mid season.

I'm sure Dabura would love this outcome, but if that's the way the top 5 goes (my personal top 5), I'd be inclined to move down (if possible).

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte
  4. Cozens
  5. Byram
  6. Krebs
  7. Boldy
  8. Dach
  9. York
  10. Caufield

John beecher near 100 as well which i found ridiculous , a lot of rankings of his I saw I didn’t agree with 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

1. Hughes
  2. Kakko
  3. Turcotte
  4. Cozens
  5. Byram
  6. Krebs
  7. Boldy
  8. Dach
  9. York
  10. Caufield

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm sure Dabura would love this outcome, but if that's the way the top 5 goes (my personal top 5), I'd be inclined to move down (if possible).

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well if that's the case it's probably all bull

They see me Krebsin'. They hatin'.

No but srsly. I do love me some Krebs. He's a personal favorite of mine. However, if I'm trying to be really objective about this, I would be down with picking Krebs and I'd be just as down with any one of Dach, Byram, Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, Podkolzin.

Here's what we know for certain: There will be some elite prospects available at 6th overall and each of them will be 1) very promising in some ways and 2) a potential bust in some ways. That includes Current Internet Darling Bowen Byram. I can so easily imagine Cam York ultimately becoming the better defenseman, because that's how it so often goes (especially with defensemen).

35 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Here's what we know for certain: There will be some elite prospects available at 6th overall and each of them will be 1) very promising in some ways and 2) a potential bust in some ways. That includes Current Internet Darling Bowen Byram. I can so easily imagine Cam York ultimately becoming the better defenseman, because that's how it so often goes (especially with defensemen).

All of this is why I'd really consider trading back, as long as we remain in the top 9 or 10. For the record, I really like York as well.

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

No but srsly. I do love me some Krebs. He's a personal favorite of mine. However, if I'm trying to be really objective about this, I would be down with picking Krebs and I'd be just as down with any one of Dach, Byram, Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, Podkolzin.

How would you feel about Caufield?

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

All of this is why I'd really consider trading back, as long as we remain in the top 9 or 10. For the record, I really like York as well.

How would you feel about Caufield?

Trading back could be the smart play, depending on what the Wings' board looks like and how the first five picks play out. I'm not sure I like Caufield at 6, but if we can get an additional 1st or 2nd out of a trade back, maybe that offsets some of the risk.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Trading back could be the smart play, depending on what the Wings' board looks like and how the first five picks play out. I'm not sure I like Caufield at 6, but if we can get an additional 1st or 2nd out of a trade back, maybe that offsets some of the risk.

Yeah, I'm saying IF the top 5 go down as Wheeler laid it out, I'd trade back, and Caufield would be a potential pick in a trade back scenario, or maybe even Zegras or Krebs...

23 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I'm saying IF the top 5 go down as Wheeler laid it out, I'd trade back, and Caufield would be a potential pick in a trade back scenario, or maybe even Zegras or Krebs...

Zegras still intrigues me. In some areas he's jaw-droppingly impressive. In other areas, not so much. I feel like there's a Datsyuk hiding in there, but I dunno.

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Podkolzin Plummets in TSN Mock Draft 3.0

Have Wings taking Cozens

Byram at 3

Turcotte at 9

Podkolzin at 13 now

Can any two hockey peeps agree on prospect rankings? Yeeeesh!

I'd be quite okay if it plays out like this... No way Byram falls to 6, and Cozens is in my top three (probably number one) outside of Hughes, Kakko and Byram...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be quite okay if it plays out like this... No way Byram falls to 6, and Cozens is in my top three (probably number one) outside of Hughes, Kakko and Byram...

Yeah. I'd be OK with pretty much anyone (within reason)

I have a feeling Yzerman will take Caufield if he's available. 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I wouldn't be surprised either, and I wouldn't hate it. He wouldn't be my first choice, but if he could become anything close to DeBrincat, it would be a huge get for us.

52 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

My worst case scenario is when we pop up, all three of Byram, Cozens and Caufield are there....ugh, now what!

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

My worst case scenario is when we pop up, all three of Byram, Cozens and Caufield are there....ugh, now what!

How is that worst case?? Seems like best case scenario to me... You have your choice between the best defenseman in the draft, arguably the best center in the draft (outside of Hughes), and the best goal scoring winger in the draft....

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How is that worst case?? Seems like best case scenario to me... You have your choice between the best defenseman in the draft, arguably the best center in the draft (outside of Hughes), and the best goal scoring winger in the draft....

I just meant by "which one do I take!?!?!" dilemma!

24 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I get that, but it's far from "worst case scenario"... For the record, in that scenario, I take Byram.

Worst case would be taking a one-dimensional player who is free falling in the draft and thinking you got a steal.

AKA. A repeat of the 2018 draft.

12 minutes ago, mackel said:

Worst case would be taking a one-dimensional player who is free falling in the draft and thinking you got a steal.

Veleno 's actually a pretty good two way player. I wouldn't call him one dimensional 

15 minutes ago, mackel said:

You're going to look so dumb when Zadina pots 30 in a few years...