• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HoweFan

2019 Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd consider it if a player I don't really want also goes in the top 5, and there are still 3 or 4 players I really like on the board. But the furthest I would trade back would be 2-3 spots, and it would have to be a considerable offer, like a late 1st / early 2nd round pick...

Who are you targeting if you trade back?  Soderstrom?

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd consider it if a player I don't really want also goes in the top 5, and there are still 3 or 4 players I really like on the board. But the furthest I would trade back would be 2-3 spots, and it would have to be a considerable offer, like a late 1st / early 2nd round pick...

Ya it’s a tough spot for me , like the possibilities of quite a few guys at 6 podkolzin,zegras,turcotte,caufield But then I’m thinking if teams are actually scared of podkolzin cause he’s Russian or caufield cause he’s short and we can grab one at 9 let’s say and then have the possibility of adding John beecher with another pick or fagemo,bjornfot,puistola  And basically end up with 2 of 4 of those guys by pick 39 I’d be pretty pumped but I’d be satisfied if we just stuck to 6 , maybe we can move the 54 and say the Vegas 2021 3rd or something similar and get in the top 40,it’ll be a pretty fun draft to watch 

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Another guy that is too early to take at 6 and likely won't be around at 35...

Tampa's giving us their 1st for Callahan tho.

12 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Any reason you don't want Zegras?

Neo hates the US and freedom.

The more I read/see about these guys, the more there seems to be excited about around this draft class. I still REALLY hope Byram somehow falls to us, but when he doesn't, there are so many forward prospects to be excited about. Any of Zegras, Turcotte, Cozens, Podkolzin, Caulfield and I'll be happy. Trading back is tempting with so many options, but I think if whoever "our guy" is, if we have one, is on the board when we pick we should take him instead of risking trading back. 

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Any reason you don't want Zegras? He wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd be thrilled to add a player like him to the pipeline at 6th overall...

For me, it's Byram, Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras, trade back, in that order. It's a very real possibility that my three faves will be gone at 6, and Zegras will be my BPA.

There are several players that I would be happy with, but my top 3 are Byram, then Podholzin, then Cozens. Honestly, if none of those 3 are available at 6 (doubtful) I look to trade back a few spots, acquire another 2nd and then draft BPA.

As of now my picks I hope we target

1 - podkolzin/turcotte/zegras/caufield ... I’m assuming byram will be gone, if we decide to trade back to add another late first, early second I’d consider a boldy but those are my 4 If we pick 6-8

2/3rd rd picks - beecher/fagemo/bjornfot/puistola/kolyachonok/warren/thrun/vlasic/misyul/strubble/lacombe/kochetkov/alnefelt/tracey

later rounds 

At d   Lundmark/tuomisto/McCarthy/helleson/attard/hataaka/sjolund

up front farinacci/nikkanen/Keppen/Lang/koffer/Beckman/gutik/Moynihan/panic/soderblom/Donovan/gildon

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

3 hours ago, amato said:

The more I read/see about these guys, the more there seems to be excited about around this draft class. I still REALLY hope Byram somehow falls to us, but when he doesn't, there are so many forward prospects to be excited about. Any of Zegras, Turcotte, Cozens, Podkolzin, Caulfield and I'll be happy. Trading back is tempting with so many options, but I think if whoever "our guy" is, if we have one, is on the board when we pick we should take him instead of risking trading back

I just think trade backs (within just a few spots) often work out. The Mantha + Bertuzzi > Mueller trade and the Cholowski + Hronek > Chychrun trade have worked out great for us. Granted, it's probably easier to find a trade partner in the latter half of the first round, than it is in the top 10. For that reason though, trading back from 6th to say 8th or 9th (if there is a team looking to move up) should garner more of a return than trading from 18th to 20th or even 16th to 20th. I'd definitely consider it, depending what players were on the board at the time, and what the team was offering in return...

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

There are several players that I would be happy with, but my top 3 are Byram, then Podholzin, then Cozens. Honestly, if none of those 3 are available at 6 (doubtful) I look to trade back a few spots, acquire another 2nd and then draft BPA.

I actually think there's a strong chance Podkolzin will be available at 6. I personally wouldn't take him there, but wouldn't hate it if we did...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I just think trade backs (within just a few spots) often work out. The Mantha + Bertuzzi > Mueller trade and the Cholowski + Hronek > Chychrun trade have worked out great for us. Granted, it's probably easier to find a trade partner in the latter half of the first round, than it is in the top 10. For that reason though, trading back from 6th to say 8th or 9th (if there is a team looking to move up) should garner more of a return than trading from 18th to 20th or even 16th to 20th. I'd definitely consider it, depending what players were on the board at the time, and what the team was offering in return...

I actually think there's a strong chance Podkolzin will be available at 6. I personally wouldn't take him there, but wouldn't hate it if we did...

I agree with all of the above. Definitely wouldn't want to trade back out of the top ten. But I also don't want to trade back hoping someone stays there. If our scouts are even on 3-5 people and trade back that many spots, then I'm for it. 

10 hours ago, amato said:

The more I read/see about these guys, the more there seems to be excited about around this draft class. I still REALLY hope Byram somehow falls to us, but when he doesn't, there are so many forward prospects to be excited about. Any of Zegras, Turcotte, Cozens, Podkolzin, Caulfield and I'll be happy. Trading back is tempting with so many options, but I think if whoever "our guy" is, if we have one, is on the board when we pick we should take him instead of risking trading back. 

The HYPE! It grows!

Mock draft: Turcotte, Cozens predicted to be picked at No. 3 [NHL.com]

6. Detroit Red Wings

Kimelman -- Trevor Zegras, C, USA U-18 (NTDP): NTDP coach John Wroblewski said Zegras might have been the best passer on the U-18 team this season. At 6-0, 169, he needs to get stronger, but his offensive talent and ability to excel in the middle or on the wing makes him a desirable prospect.

Morreale -- Vasili Podkolzin, RW, Neva St. Petersburg 2 (RUS-2): Podkolzin (6-1, 190) plays with a lot of intensity and has a great set of skills that earned him three games with a strong SKA St. Petersburg team in the Kontinental Hockey League. He has the attitude and speed to become a solid NHL player with proper development. He plays a mature game, has a high hockey IQ, good breakaway speed, and puck protection skills.

Lepage -- Podkolzin: The dynamic forward did well on the international stage this season but didn't have the best finish with Russia at the 2019 IIHF World Under-18 Championship with four points (one goal, three assists) in seven games. Still, he has undeniable talent and could soon help bolster the forward depth in Detroit.

I think I'm pretty solidly down with Zegras.

There's so little separating these players that I'm cool with drafting for perceived need, and I believe Zegras has the potential to fill a role that's virtually impossible to fill (absent any dumb luck): Datsyukian Madman Playmaker Guy. These post-Datsyuk seasons have really made me appreciate just how much The Magic Man's ability to pull gamebreaking magic out of his ass on a nightly basis meant to all those great Euro Twins Era teams. If you can get yourself a forward who can see and think and execute like an Elias Pettersson, life becomes so much easier for your team. And if that guy is legit centerman? Hosanna!

Two players in this draft class truly remind me of Datsyuk at times: Zegras and Podkolzin. Podkolzin has all of Datsyuk's assets except for maybe that galaxy brain hockey IQ. With Zegras, I strongly believe he does have that kind of hockey sense and I feel that the other areas of his game are generally solid. Above-average two-way game. Fantastic skater. Low-key scrappy. Good at faceoffs. I don't like his shot (any and all of them), but I think that'll improve as he bulks up.

...On the other hand, Podkolzin is so frking projectable. hnnnng

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

I think I'm pretty solidly down with Zegras.

There's so little separating these players that I'm cool with drafting for perceived need, and I believe Zegras has the potential to fill a role that's virtually impossible to fill (absent any dumb luck): Datsyukian Madman Playmaker Guy. These post-Datsyuk seasons have really made me appreciate just how much The Magic Man's ability to pull gamebreaking magic out of his ass on a nightly basis meant to all those great Euro Twins Era teams. If you can get yourself a forward who can see and think and execute like an Elias Pettersson, life becomes so much easier for your team. And if that guy is legit centerman? Hosanna!

Two players in this draft class truly remind me of Datsyuk at times: Zegras and Podkolzin. Podkolzin has all of Datsyuk's assets except for maybe that galaxy brain hockey IQ. With Zegras, I strongly believe he does have that kind of hockey sense and I feel that the other areas of his game are generally solid. Above-average two-way game. Fantastic skater. Low-key scrappy. Good at faceoffs. I don't like his shot (any and all of them), but I think that'll improve as he bulks up.

...On the other hand, Podkolzin is so frking projectable. hnnnng

The Pretty Boy: Trevor Zegras

Dr_yeQLWoAAf5Uo.jpg

• Can only buy his shampoo/conditioner brand in a salon
  • Avoids hits with ease, never gets injured
  • All the newest/best hockey equipment
  • Great passer, loves to work together and see his teammates score
  • If he doesn't have anything nice to say, he doesn't say anything at all
  • Unironically calls his GF "bae"
  • Genuinely listens when you talk to him
  • Says a short prayer before each game
  • Eats healthy and maintains a balanced diet
  • Cries when he thinks about how much he loves his "bae"
  • Generally a nice guy
  • Doesn't sweat, his hockey bag smells like febreeze air accents

The Chad Fugly Guy: Vasili Podkolzin

30659.jpg

• Cuts his own hair
  • Spits into, or rubs dirt into, open wounds to heal them
  • Still plays with a wood stick
  • Trys to go coast-to-coast on every play
  • Chirps at you constantly, refers to everyone as cyka blyat
  • Views women as objects, still gets laid
  • Does not register the feelings or emotions of others
  • Takes a huge dump in the locker room toilet before each game
  • Eats nothing but pizza, junk food, and beer
  • Openly admits he only gives a f*** about himself
  • Generally moody and s***ty to other people
  • Hygiene minimal, hockey bag smells like an open sewer in bombay

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dr_yeQLWoAAf5Uo.jpg

• Generally a nice guy

30659.jpg

• Cuts his own hair

But which of them looks like a hockey player?

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dr_yeQLWoAAf5Uo.jpg

• If he doesn't have anything nice to say, he doesn't say anything at all
  • Generally a nice guy

30659.jpg

• Cuts his own hair
  • Chirps at you constantly, refers to everyone as cyka blyat

Makes weekly playlists for ”bae” with his favourite artists like jeff buckley and ed sheeran

vs

Never heard a song in his life