• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

12/1 Assachusetts GDT - Red Wings @ Bruins - 7:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Good win boys. We needed a hot start for this coming week.

This was the Bruins w/o Chara and Bergeron thou... can't get complacent.. still need to play like beasts if we're gonna get these yeasts

hear, hear

We got this bread. Now we gotta get that other bread tomorrow.

Watch some Aladdin, take some notes. Aladdin got that bread every day, zero f***s given. Be Aladdin.

Great win tonight, but it does come with a bit of a concern...

In the past several seasons - teams in both conferences had to be 10 plus games above .500 in order to make the playoffs...Now with this funky start -  a handful of teams in both conferences are under performing, and the Wings seem to be the polar opposite.

I'd love to see them a few games above .500, but honestly I'd hate to see them miss out on a potential top 10 pick for another strong draft in June 2019.

Edited by F.Michael

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

In the past several seasons - teams in both conferences had to be 10 plus games above .500...Now with this funky start -  a handful of teams in both conferences are under performing, and the Wings seem to be the polar opposite.

I'd love to see them a few games above .500, but honestly I'd hate to see them miss out on a potential top 10 pick for another strong draft in June 2019.

2ny7ce.jpg

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

Points update:

• Nyquist (1G, 2A) - 4 goals and 21 points thru 26 games
  • Larkin (1G) - 10 goals and 22 points thru 26 games
  • Bertuzzi (1G) - 9 goals and 16 points thru 26 games
  • Green (1A) - 2 goals and 14 points thru 17 games

First month of the season: "Dennis Cholowski is nearly a point-per-game and looks like the best Dman on the Red Wings squad"

Mike Green: "Hold my beer"

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First month of the season: "Dennis Cholowski is nearly a point-per-game and looks like the best Dman on the Red Wings squad"

Mike Green: "Hold my beer"

Mike Green Just Told Dennis Cholowski To Hold His Beer And We Are Totally Here For It

Srsly tho, I am perfectly ok with Green bossing it up and allowing Cholowski to learn the ropes in a smaller role. It's a perfect learning setup for Cholo's NHL education.

I didn't see many people talking about it, but that play that Cholo made to start the GWG sequence in the Blues game? (Right after I'd called for some Cholowski heroics. *ahem*) That was amazing. Just wanted to say.

53 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

In the past several seasons - teams in both conferences had to be 10 plus games above .500 in order to make the playoffs...Now with this funky start -  a handful of teams in both conferences are under performing, and the Wings seem to be the polar opposite.

Well, Devellano did say the Wings might make an outside-the-box move or two to speed up the rebuild...

Just now, Dabura said:

Well, Devellano did say the Wings might make an outside-the-box move or two to speed up the rebuild...

The only thing that appears reasonable at this time would be making a few trades in order to obtain more draft picks...Is he thinking about making a pitch for a UFA this summer?

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

Then maybe you should join the Kings forum, while we're still here in June posting about "our team" playing in the SCF.

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

The only thing that appears reasonable at this time would be making a few trades in order to obtain more draft picks...Is he thinking about making a pitch for a UFA this summer?

I think he was talking about sometime after this season's end. So, like, depending on how things go this season and how the lottery shakes out (assuming we're in the mix), the brain trust might decide to shake things up a bit.

Lemme find the piece. brb.

[elevator music]

Found it. Here ya go:

Red Wings won't 'sit back' in attempt to rebuild [NHL.com]