• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Trash removal delayed 2 years

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I'm not saying he's a great wins and losses coach or a great x's and o's coach. I would rank him in the bottom ten in the league among head coaches. But that's not why he's here.

He did well in GR developing future Wings and that's why he still has a job. And there isnt anything to complain about developmentally under Blashill.

Larkin has turned into a legit 1C and will become a PPG player.

AA went from being a one dimensional middle six winger to a responsible top 6 scoring threat.

D is more difficult to groom, and Hronek is progressing well under Blashill.

Mantha isn't yet the player I was hoping for, but injuries have played a part in that. Give him a healthy season under Blashill and you might find yourself a 30 goal power forward.

I was hoping that we had at least a 2nd line scoring winger in Svechnikov, but it appears now that his ceiling is a middle 6 winger. He is what he is, and you cant fault Blashill for that.

Rassmussen is still a work in progress.I would like to see more from a 9th overall pick. I will wait to hold off judgment until he fills out his enormous frame. He wont be an Eric Lindros, but I'm hoping for a Keith Primeau. We'll see.

All in all, what is there to complain about with Blashill as a developmental coach? He hasn't failed at bringing along any of the prospects. Unless u had unrealistic expectations. Expecting Larkin to be Yzerman? AA to be Federov? Mantha to be Shanahan? If you were, you'll never be satisfied no matter who the coach is. 

tl;dr Blashill aint bad

We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It's cute that you think "this little streak" is the reason some of us think Blashill is actually a half decent coach, and not a pile of s*** that some dumb ass Red Wings fans on the internet see him as...

Also, not a single person would say that Blashill is the sole reason Larkin is the player he is today. Of course he's not. Larkin was going to be good regardless who coached him. Like you said, his desire and tenacity are the biggest reason he turned into a legit number one center, instead of the middle six center he was projected to be when he was drafted. However, when you say that the coach has "no bearing" on any player on the team, it just sounds dumb and petty.

Do you think when Larkin played in his first NHL game, on Zetterberg's wing, he was the player he is today? Of course he's not. He's grown a lot since then. The coach deserves some credit for that.

No one thinks Blashill is Bowman, not even close. So why even bring him up? There are so many coaches available that would do a better job than Blash?... Name them.

If you think there's a single coach out there that's going to do everything the way you want them to, you're in for a lot of disappointment. There are a ton of things that piss me off about Blashill. Just like there were a ton of things that pissed me off about Babcock. (And even Bowman). I understand though, that that's going to be the case with any coach.

Most Red Wings fans, and hockey fans in general are irrational. We've all been there from time to time. Some more than others... Thinking that a 2-year Blashill extension is some sort of monumental mistake is irrational in my opinion, but whatever...

It’s cute that you think it’s not , prior to this little streak I barely saw anything of blashill being praised and just wanting him fired ... if AA and Larkin we’re stuck at 20 goals now and we lost 6 of last 7 hardly anybody would be praising him

We’re not talking about any player here are we ? Larkin And mantha are firsts and AA was producing even when blashill kept cutting down his ice time so give me a break , these aren’t dan clearys who bounced around for 7 yrs struggling to get by and finally got a look and a spot created for him to succeed 

not gonna start looking through all the coaches in the league but easily cooper,Babcock(and I hate him) trotz  are way better coaches among others , wtf has blashill done to be warranted being such a good coach? Besides “developing” first round picks 

i don’t think extending him is a monumental mistake cause he will get fired soon after yzerman comes in but I just find it laughable hes getting any praising what so ever, it’s cool when we get another 8th pick next year though he can be praised for developing zadina 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It’s cute that you think it’s not , prior to this little streak I barely saw anything of blashill being praised and just wanting him fired ... if AA and Larkin we’re stuck at 20 goals now and we lost 6 of last 7 hardly anybody would be praising him

We’re not talking about any player here are we ? Larkin And mantha are firsts and AA was producing even when blashill kept cutting down his ice time so give me a break , these aren’t dan clearys who bounced around for 7 yrs struggling to get by and finally got a look and a spot created for him to succeed 

not gonna start looking through all the coaches in the league but easily cooper,Babcock(and I hate him) trotz  are way better coaches among others , wtf has blashill done to be warranted being such a good coach? Besides “developing” first round picks 

i don’t think extending him is a monumental mistake cause he will get fired soon after yzerman comes in but I just find it laughable hes getting any praising what so ever, it’s cool when we get another 8th pick next year though he can be praised for developing zadina 

Myself and a few others around here have said plenty of positive things about Blashill over the past calendar year. But yeah, we're totally basing our opinion on a two week stretch... :rolleyes:

The problem with that theory is that Larkin and Athanasiou are NOT stuck on 20 goals... They're both 30+ goal scorers under his coaching. IF Larkin and Athanasiou were at 20, Mantha and Bertuzzi were at 10 and so on, you're right, we probably wouldn't be saying that Blashill has done a good job with the kids... That simply isn't the case though...

So Blashill doesn't get credit for developing 1st round picks, Larkin or Mantha, and he doesn't get credit for developing 4th round pick, Athanasiou, because he was going to be good anyway... Does he get credit for developing 2nd round pick, Bertuzzi? What about Hronek? What about 5th round pick, Jensen? Just trying to figure out which players he should and shouldn't get credit for, according to you...

I said "coaches available"... Are there better coaches in the league? Absolutely. Are there better coaches available? I don't think so... Cooper, Babcock and Trotz are NOT available... There are a few coaches available, but they're all either, probably not interested in a rebuilding team (Joel Quenneville), currently unemployed for a reason (Alain Vigneault, Marc Crawford, Mike Yeo), or probably a lateral (at best) move (Dallas Eakins, Sheldon Keefe). One coach I'd hear an argument for is Todd McLellan, but I doubt he'd be a significant upgrade over Blashill. And him having a connection with the Wings, maybe Holland already had a conversation with him, and he wasn't interested... Who knows.

Anyway, this isn't a bad move. Blashill has done a fine job, despite what you and a few other angry fans want to believe...

49 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

What praise is he actually getting though? Most opinions seem to be along the lines of "Blashill is pretty meh, but it doesn't really make sense to fire him right now, and the kids are alright"

You obviously feel very strongly about firing Blashill, but most of us don't feel strongly one way or the other. Personally I wouldn't fire him right now, but if he got fired I'd be like "oh, ok, wonder who we're gonna hire"

Nobody just started liking him 2 weeks ago and nobody is heaping him with praise.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Myself and a few others around here have said plenty of positive things about Blashill over the past calendar year. But yeah, we're totally basing our opinion on a two week stretch... :rolleyes:

The problem with that theory is that Larkin and Athanasiou are NOT stuck on 20 goals... They're both 30+ goal scorers under his coaching. IF Larkin and Athanasiou were at 20, Mantha and Bertuzzi were at 10 and so on, you're right, we probably wouldn't be saying that Blashill has done a good job with the kids... That simply isn't the case though...

So Blashill doesn't get credit for developing 1st round picks, Larkin or Mantha, and he doesn't get credit for developing 4th round pick, Athanasiou, because he was going to be good anyway... Does he get credit for developing 2nd round pick, Bertuzzi? What about Hronek? What about 5th round pick, Jensen? Just trying to figure out which players he should and shouldn't get credit for, according to you...

I said "coaches available"... Are there better coaches in the league? Absolutely. Are there better coaches available? I don't think so... Cooper, Babcock and Trotz are NOT available... There are a few coaches available, but they're all either, probably not interested in a rebuilding team (Joel Quenneville), currently unemployed for a reason (Alain Vigneault, Marc Crawford, Mike Yeo), or probably a lateral (at best) move (Dallas Eakins, Sheldon Keefe). One coach I'd hear an argument for is Todd McLellan, but I doubt he'd be a significant upgrade over Blashill. And him having a connection with the Wings, maybe Holland already had a conversation with him, and he wasn't interested... Who knows.

Anyway, this isn't a bad move. Blashill has done a fine job, despite what you and a few other angry fans want to believe...

Yes and blashill is responsible for them both getting 30 ... gotcha lmao, it’s a nice job he’s done developing hirose in a week too , can’t wait till he gets 40-45 assists next season ... thank you Jeff 

your amazing , these guys were stuck at 20,10 ... nothing to do with them being what 22-23-24 and not a matter of time before they get there themselves? All blashill ... I’ve seen the light 

Bertuzzi was always gonna be a get in your face gritty playoff warrior type player let’s praise me Jeff , hronek having an amazing world juniors and being one of the best d’s ... all Jeff 

I’ll give him jensen cause floated around forever , mind you he was coached by him in Grand Rapids so took Jeff what? 6 years to develop the guy?  is a 3rd paid dman so let’s not get excited 

As for the coaching the available coaches , sorry thought you said just the better ... I’m sure there’s a lot of guys , Dave Tippett comes to mind coached mediocre lineups to playoffs repeatedly... maybe a young up and coming coach , someone who’s not afraid to play more deserving guys despite the fact of them being younger over vets who don’t deserve the ice time, won’t be overly critical of younger players and looking away when veterans do the same or worse

Anyways we’ll have to agree to disagree but I think it sounds like we both agree he won’t likely be here longterm anyways and if yzerman comes I can maybe see him being fired after next season so I won’t be pissed unless we get another 9th overall pick

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

tRaShIlL dOeSn'T hAvE aNy BeArInG oN LaRkIn'S dEvElOpMeNt

YoU iDiOtS aRe BaSiNg YoUr SuPpOrT fOr HiM oN a TwO-wEeK sTrEtCh

ma97zr8usiy3rrakdajt.jpg

Try not to spill too much tomatoe sauce sauce while your doing this stuff 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yes and blashill is responsible for them both getting 30 ... gotcha lmao, it’s a nice job he’s done developing hirose in a week too , can’t wait till he gets 40-45 assists next season ... thank you Jeff 

your amazing , these guys were stuck at 20,10 ... nothing to do with them being what 22-23-24 and not a matter of time before they get there themselves? All blashill ... I’ve seen the light 

Bertuzzi was always gonna be a get in your face gritty playoff warrior type player let’s praise me Jeff , hronek having an amazing world juniors and being one of the best d’s ... all Jeff 

I’ll give him jensen cause floated around forever , mind you he was coached by him in Grand Rapids so took Jeff what? 6 years to develop the guy?  is a 3rd paid dman so let’s not get excited 

As for the coaching the available coaches , sorry thought you said just the better ... I’m sure there’s a lot of guys , Dave Tippett comes to mind coached mediocre lineups to playoffs repeatedly... maybe a young up and coming coach , someone who’s not afraid to play more deserving guys despite the fact of them being younger over vets who don’t deserve the ice time, won’t be overly critical of younger players and looking away when veterans do the same or worse

Anyways we’ll have to agree to disagree but I think it sounds like we both agree he won’t likely be here longterm anyways and if yzerman comes I can maybe see him being fired after next season so I won’t be pissed unless we get another 9th overall pick

You're just strawmaning anyone's opinion that isn't fire Blashill now.

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What praise is he actually getting though? Most opinions seem to be along the lines of "Blashill is pretty meh, but it doesn't really make sense to fire him right now, and the kids are alright"

You obviously feel very strongly about firing Blashill, but most of us don't feel strongly one way or the other. Personally I wouldn't fire him right now, but if he got fired I'd be like "oh, ok, wonder who we're gonna hire"

Nobody just started liking him 2 weeks ago and nobody is heaping him with praise.

Praise for developing Larkin among others as if he wouldn’t be an nhl star without blashill leading the way 

When we suck next year and hopefully land lafraniere then he should be fired cause I can see us trading a mantha type piece for a top d prospect and maybe trouba comes back home , then it’ll be time to turn the page 

well I seen alot of bs on twitter last two weeks praising the guy where as prior all I saw was ppl demanding his head on a platter, but I’m ok with him being here one more year knowing we can get a top 3pick if we don’t go on another meaningless streak towards the end

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're just strawmaning anyone's opinion that isn't fire Blashill now.

Like I just told you I can stomach him for another season for a top prospect but there’s no way this guy should be leading the charge when we’re ready to compete 

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I don't even use my tomato sauce when I respond to you. You're not worthy of my tomato sauce. Only special people get the tomato sauce.

Edited by Dabura

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Praise for developing Larkin among others as if he wouldn’t be an nhl star without blashill leading the way

Literally no one is saying that. This is what I'm talking about with the strawmen.

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

well I seen alot of bs on twitter last two weeks praising the guy where as prior all I saw was ppl demanding his head on a platter, but I’m ok with him being here one more year knowing we can get a top 3pick if we don’t go on another meaningless streak towards the end

You're not on twitter right now

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Like I just told you I can stomach him for another season for a top prospect but there’s no way this guy should be leading the charge when we’re ready to compete 

I tend to agree with you, but I think if the rebuild goes well the next 2 years I think the Red Wings will give Blashill at least an opportunity to win with his team. If he fails he'll probably be out. If the team takes steps backwards and young players don't move forward over the next 2 years, he'll probably be out.

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Literally no one is saying that. This is what I'm talking about with the strawmen.

You're not on twitter right now

I tend to agree with you, but I think if the rebuild goes well the next 2 years I think the Red Wings will give Blashill at least an opportunity to win with his team. If he fails he'll probably be out. If the team takes steps backwards and young players don't move forward over the next 2 years, he'll probably be out.

Well by praising him for Larkin’s development your basically saying he wouldn’t be the player he is without blashill 

isnt everyone?

if the rebuild goes as planned we’ll be a bottom team again and teams tend to ax coaches who’s teams repeatedly go down the toilet yearly especially if yzerman will be running things he’ll have zero loyalty to blashill 

I see the top forward guys moving upward and guys like zadina provides he’s not being screwed over on ice time will produce , problem with this team is defence and has been since lidstrom retired so kronwall,Daley And ericsson returns we’ll bottom out

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Do I get the tomato sauce

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

That’s a lie , you have no can’t control when your eating spaghetti in front of your screen 

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Sad cringe

It is taking all the self-restraint I can muster to not spam s***ty spaghet memes.

I find this recent streak due more to the young kids replacing old stagnant overpaid veterans vice anything Blashill may or may not be doing. I don't really care for Blashill but I'm more interested what our roster looks like next year. Less of Helm, Albdelkader, Nielsen, Vanek, Ericsson and more Zadina, Bertuzzi etc.. If they want to extend Blashill have at it I guess.

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well by praising him for Larkin’s development your basically saying he wouldn’t be the player he is without blashill

No, Larkin would have ended up a good player anywhere. But Jeff deserves credit for all the faults of his team and all the bright spots. It's his team. He's measured by the success's of Larkin and the short comings of Mantha.

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It is taking all the self-restraint I can muster to not spam s***ty spaghet memes.

The pastabilities are endless...

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Literally no one mentioned Hirose but you. Probably because he's been on the team for too short of a time for Blashill to have any kind of influence at this point. But I guess you needed to mention him in order to blow up our premise that Blashill has done a good job developing the kids. Well done.

Yes and blashill is responsible for them both getting 30 ... gotcha lmao,

So players just develop completely on their own? Coaches have nothing to do with it? News to me.

Did you really spell tomato with an "e"? 

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

My main problem with blashill is player usage and the fact the team often isn't ready to start games.

Legitimate criticism. Although I agree with the latter argument, I believe there is a purposeful strategy behind the former.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

My only problem with Blashill is his bald head. 

I thought bald was beautiful? Or was it black is beautiful? Either way this guy is a god.

Image result for shaq

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dave Tippett had s***ty lineups and always brought them to the playoffs, do we have awful guys on the team?no s*** , is that blashills fault? No but he’s the one who’s been repeatedly giving abdelkader,ericsson and a ton more guys valued ice time and roster spots ahead of younger more deserving kids , just cause we have two 30 goal guys and a little streak I’m not gonna pretend he’s seen the light and he’s an amazing coach 

Why are you taking your argument to such an extreme? I never once insinuated that you should pretend that Blashill is an amazing coach, nor did I say anything close to that. My exact words were that he is "ok" (see below). Where do you get "amazing" from that?

15 hours ago, kliq said:

I'm not going to sit here and say Blashill is a great coach, to be honest I think he's ok. I would love to see what he can do with a good roster. However, what is ludicrous is saying that a head coach has "no bearing" on the output of his young players. Nobody is saying he is "THE" reason, but the guy has literally coached these kids their entire career, to imply he has no impact on their play is simply incorrect.

I dont see the point in bringing up Dave Tippett, are you trying to insinuate that Tippett is a better coach then Blashill? If so, agreed. 

The point I was making is that to say Blashill has NOTHING to do with the development of Larkin, AA, Mantha and others is simply incorrect. Nowhere did I say Blashill was THE reason why they were good, but he has clearly contributed to where they are now as his job has been to develop them as players, something we have seen done incorrectly numerous times throughout history.

Not everything has to be an extreme. Its not a "you hate him" or a "you think he is amazing" situation.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Why are you taking your argument to such an extreme? I never once insinuated that you should pretend that Blashill is an amazing coach, nor did I say anything close to that. My exact words were that he is "ok" (see below). Where do you get "amazing" from that?

I dont see the point in bringing up Dave Tippett, are you trying to insinuate that Tippett is a better coach then Blashill? If so, agreed. 

The point I was making is that to say Blashill has NOTHING to do with the development of Larkin, AA, Mantha and others is simply incorrect. Nowhere did I say Blashill was THE reason why they were good, but he has clearly contributed to where they are now as his job has been to develop them as players, something we have seen done incorrectly numerous times throughout history.

Not everything has to be an extreme. Its not a "you hate him" or a "you think he is amazing" situation.

I think Blashill has done a decent job with the youngsters, however I’m not sure if he’s a Stanley Cup winning coach.

2 years is fine to continue our rebuild. Moving forward though they should reassess when the team is ready for a deep playoff run, if there are good options available in the coaching market. 

It’s nothing out of the ordinary either, both Bowman and Babcock were brought in to win the Cup and not to develop players.

When the time is right, we may have to replace Blashill with a guy who can win the cup.

Edited by kickazz

Just now, kickazz said:

I think Blashill has done a decent job with the youngsters, however I’m not sure if he’s a Stanley Cup winning coach.

2 years is fine to continue our rebuild. Moving forward though they should reassess when the team is ready for a deep playoff run, if there are good options available in the coaching market. 

Agreed. I look at a young coach in the same way I look at a young player, they need to develop. I think Blashil has gotten better since he started, and for right now I think he is the right coach. In two years if he keeps improving, I am open to an extension, he he appears to be at a point where he can't take him to the next level, I'm fine to move on.