• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Trash removal delayed 2 years

Rate this topic

Honestly, with the way the top kids have improved this year, if Holland can make a splash on July 1 for a top D and a top 6 forward, this team just may find themselves in the playoffs next season. Not sure how far Howard Can carry us, but let's say they add Karlsson and Skinner, they could make some noise.

5 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How good would this team be with Scotty Bowman as head coach? Or Mike Babcock? Or even a dug up Toe Blake? Its a bad team. People complain that we win games. Then they complain that we have a coach who isnt winning enough? I dont get it. Are we supposed to hire a really good coach when he wants to be, but is supposed to coach badly on purpose now so that the team loses? Who does that?

This team is every bit as good as the NY Islanders... our coach however ain't no Barry Trotz.

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/03/red-wings-to-extend-coach-jeff-blashill-for-two-seasons.html

Awesome.  Two more years of a guy who often looks clueless on the bench, refuses to hold vets accountable, fumble in game adjustments, often has players come out flat and unprepared, and whose teams make the same mistakes at the end of the year that they do at the beginning.

I thought the thread title was funny. 

But also, quit being such a hater.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

What's your new name gonna be?

Blashillisthefuture duh 

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

AA is getting more minutes now because:

1. There are fewer top 6 forwards ahead of him on the roster now.

2. He's playing better now than he was last season. Maybe his coach had something to do with that?

AA was putting up numbers for a long time with limited ice time and no talent hacks as linemates 

maybe he’s playing Better now cause he’s getting more ice time and playing top 6 which we been saying he should of had for the longest time , but blashill finally says it and he’s a genius coach . Sure 

hey we won 6 of 7 meaningless games so let’s all pretend he’s doing a great job now 

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

You're not even making an argument here. All you're telling me is that you're a big drooling baby who hates our coach for irrational reasons.

I've watched nearly every game the Wings have played under Blashill. I've obsessively tracked the development of our young players under Blashill. I've gone from disliking Blashill as a coach and thinking he's holding the kids back to firmly believing he's exerting a positive influence on these players and is helping them realize their full potential. I changed my mind about him because, as an obsessive fan who pores over e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, I've seen enough to be convinced that 1) the young talent is progressing nicely and 2) Blashill has had a hand in this.

"I've been saying AA should get more ice time. Now he's finally getting more ice time and he's scored 30 goals. Our coach couldn't see what was clear to me and this is why he is an idiot" is such myopic, narcissistic bulls***. Prior to this season, AA had been playing one-dimensional beer league hockey. Blashill wanted him to grow his game and earn more minutes and AA has responded by taking his game to another level this season. Larkin had to restructure his game and commit himself to becoming more than a speedy scoring winger. He didn't do this all by himself while Blashill played video games in the rec room. Same thing with Mantha. Same thing with all the young players who are blossoming before our eyes.

The bus is now being driven by young talent. If you're not going to give the coach any credit whatsoever, you're a jackass.

When did you notice all these amazing blashill things ? Last 7 games ? Lmao 

Oh give me a f***en break your bs , aa was putting up numbers with limited ice time before your saviour blashill decided to give him more ice time “cause he finally listened”

explains why ericsson keeps playing games for years while playing like complete garbage hey, abdelkader? Great head coach, he finally started abs on the 4th line for a month and he’s a genius now, it’s amazing now blashill is responsible for the players AA,mantha,Larkin are. What an absolute turd you are 

no s*** the bus is being driven by the kids Sherlock all the  forward vets are gone ... keep living in delusional land ... blashill gets all the praise for the kids but ericsson,abdelkader etc... blashills blame free for they’re play ... amazing  stuff 

send me your dealers number 

hey I heard he’s responsible for veleno’s play as well ... went and see him during all star weekend and trained him Youngblood style in the barns of Drummondville 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

4 hours ago, Dabura said:

You're not even making an argument here. All you're telling me is that you're a big drooling baby who hates our coach for irrational reasons.

I've watched nearly every game the Wings have played under Blashill. I've obsessively tracked the development of our young players under Blashill. I've gone from disliking Blashill as a coach and thinking he's holding the kids back to firmly believing he's exerting a positive influence on these players and is helping them realize their full potential. I changed my mind about him because, as an obsessive fan who pores over e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, I've seen enough to be convinced that 1) the young talent is progressing nicely and 2) Blashill has had a hand in this.

"I've been saying AA should get more ice time. Now he's finally getting more ice time and he's scored 30 goals. Our coach couldn't see what was clear to me and this is why he is an idiot" is such myopic, narcissistic bulls***. Prior to this season, AA had been playing one-dimensional beer league hockey. Blashill wanted him to grow his game and earn more minutes and AA has responded by taking his game to another level this season. Larkin had to restructure his game and commit himself to becoming more than a speedy scoring winger. He didn't do this all by himself while Blashill played video games in the rec room. Same thing with Mantha. Same thing with all the young players who are blossoming before our eyes.

The bus is now being driven by young talent. If you're not going to give the coach any credit whatsoever, you're a jackass.

I'm with you on everything except AA.  AA should have been playing up on the top since his 2nd season.  He has been the same player since he came into the league.  The coach and others talking about his 200' game and defense was all nonsense.  The FACT is that Holland has 2 too many bad contracts on this team.  Nielsen and Abdelkader had to be given the minutes to justify their pay.  And Blashill did what any smart employee would do.  He supported his boss.  But now that Abby and Nielsen are approaching points in their contracts where Blashill can move them down, that's what he's doing.

5 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ha I never said he’s solely responsible for this team being garbage but to praise him for work he’s supposedly done is pure nonsense 

he has no bearing in larkin being the player he is and we been saying AA should be given more ice time for years, to give this dips*** the credit for them putting up numbers is beyond ludicrous 

You know just cause you rewrite what someone says in your little gimmicky ways doesn’t make you some smarty pants who’s right ;) 

Doesn’t mean the coach gets praise for winning 6 of 7 to end the season in meaningless hockey games 

The head coach has no bearing on Larkin being the player he is? This sounds oddly familiar... Holland gets blamed for anything negative and doesn't get credit for anything positive. I guess the same applies to Blashill... It's his fault it a player doesn't develop as projected, but gets no credit for players that do develop as projected or exceed expectations... 

That's some f***ing dumb ass s*** right there...

I don't think Blashill will ever win a cup. I think he's a very mediocre coach.

I also see no reason to fire Blashill at the current moment.

Does anyone remember what the upsell on this guy was? It was that he's good with kids. So I find it kind of funny that those who advocate for rebuilding and leaning on the kids, also advocate for firing the coach who's good with kids. And our kids are doing pretty well at the moment...

Blashill absolutely deserves credit for the success of the kids he's coached into this league. Just like the scouts who found those kids deserve credit for findin' em.

If we were on the cusp of shedding a lot of bad contracts and having a lot of good young players enter their prime, I'd be gung-ho ready to fire this guy. But we're not. However, and oddly enough, in 2 years at the end of this contract we will be shedding a lot of bad contracts and this wave of youth will enter prime performance years.

Ask me if I wanna fire Blashill then. I may have a different answer. Till then, he's fine where he is. Maintain the rebuild ship, it's on good course.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

When did you notice all these amazing blashill things ? Last 7 games ? Lmao 

Oh give me a f***en break your bs , aa was putting up numbers with limited ice time before your saviour blashill decided to give him more ice time “cause he finally listened”

explains why ericsson keeps playing games for years while playing like complete garbage hey, abdelkader? Great head coach, he finally started abs on the 4th line for a month and he’s a genius now, it’s amazing now blashill is responsible for the players AA,mantha,Larkin are. What an absolute turd you are 

no s*** the bus is being driven by the kids Sherlock all the  forward vets are gone ... keep living in delusional land ... blashill gets all the praise for the kids but ericsson,abdelkader etc... blashills blame free for they’re play ... amazing  stuff 

send me your dealers number 

hey I heard he’s responsible for veleno’s play as well ... went and see him during all star weekend and trained him Youngblood style in the barns of Drummondville 

I dont think you understand coaching at all.

PS: The knock on AA was never about scoring (which isnt everything and doesnt alone justify getting more even strength ice time). It was because he focused too much on it. He needed to grow his game, which he has done (although I'm sure coaching had nothing to do with it). Had Blashill just given him more ice time cuz slappies said so, its likely he would have continued to play the same way and would not have rounded out his game because he would have had no reason to. 

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

PS: The knock on AA was never about scoring (which isnt everything and doesnt alone justify getting more even strength ice time). It was because he focused too much on it. He needed to grow his game, which he has done (although I'm sure coaching had nothing to do with it). Had Blashill just given him more ice time cuz slappies said so, its likely he would have continued to play the same way and would not have rounded out his game because he would have had no reason to. 

You are way off.  AA would have played GREAT with Zetterberg if the coach had done it.  But he kept him with Drew Miller and Luke Glendening for 2 years.  The only thing that grew for AA during his stretch in Helmdening was his eyebrows.  He showed that he could score by himself during those years.  Now he's showing that he can score A LOT given proper linemates and ice time.  I dont get why people read into it and think there is this big player development with AA.  He's fast and has a good shot.  Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You are way off.  AA would have played GREAT with Zetterberg if the coach had done it.  But he kept him with Drew Miller and Luke Glendening for 2 years.  The only thing that grew for AA during his stretch in Helmdening was his eyebrows.  He showed that he could score by himself during those years.  Now he's showing that he can score A LOT given proper linemates and ice time.  I dont get why people read into it and think there is this big player development with AA.  He's fast and has a good shot.  Simple as that.

He's plateaued. Good time to trade him. 

8 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ha I never said he’s solely responsible for this team being garbage but to praise him for work he’s supposedly done is pure nonsense 

he has no bearing in larkin being the player he is and we been saying AA should be given more ice time for years, to give this dips*** the credit for them putting up numbers is beyond ludicrous 

You know just cause you rewrite what someone says in your little gimmicky ways doesn’t make you some smarty pants who’s right ;) 

Doesn’t mean the coach gets praise for winning 6 of 7 to end the season in meaningless hockey games 

I'm not going to sit here and say Blashill is a great coach, to be honest I think he's ok. I would love to see what he can do with a good roster. However, what is ludicrous is saying that a head coach has "no bearing" on the output of his young players. Nobody is saying he is "THE" reason, but the guy has literally coached these kids their entire career, to imply he has no impact on their play is simply incorrect.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think Blashill will ever win a cup. I think he's a very mediocre coach.

I also see no reason to fire Blashill at the current moment.

Does anyone remember what the upsell on this guy was? It was that he's good with kids. So I find it kind of funny that those who advocate for rebuilding and leaning on the kids, also advocate for firing the coach who's good with kids. And our kids are doing pretty well at the moment...

Blashill absolutely deserves credit for the success of the kids he's coached into this league. Just like the scouts who found those kids deserve credit for findin' em.

If we were on the cusp of shedding a lot of bad contracts and having a lot of good young players enter their prime, I'd be gung-ho ready to fire this guy. But we're not. However, and oddly enough, in 2 years at the end of this contract we will be shedding a lot of bad contracts and this wave of youth will enter prime performance years.

Ask me if I wanna fire Blashill then. I may have a different answer. Till then, he's fine where he is. Maintain the rebuild ship, it's on good course.

I agree with the bold. He's been good with the kids. The underlined is pretty much where I'm at as well. As of now, there's no reason to fire him, or not to extend him. Who's the better option? I don't know of one. Blashill has done a fine job, especially this season. Maybe I'll feel differently in a year or two when this team starts to turn the corner, but as of now, stay the course.

I disagree though, or at least think it's too early to say, that he'll never win a Cup, or that we should be gung-ho ready to fire him when we're finally ready to compete. I've liked a lot of what I've seen from Blashill to this point, so I'm not ready to say one way or the other what we should do beyond, or even through this two year contract. I'd like to see what he can do, and reassess things later. I'm sure management will have the same mindset.

Off the mlive articlel https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/03/red-wings-to-extend-coach-jeff-blashill-for-two-seasons.html

"Blashill, 45, is expected to be named head coach of the U.S. World Championship team for the third year in a row on April 8, two days after the Red Wings wrap up their season."

If he is a s*** coach then why has he been picked to be the head coach of the US team the last 3 years? No one better they don't care to win?

I am looking at this way he never coached at this level he has made mistakes, roster is still  crap. Could be a situation where the roster gets younger and more talented and Blash's decisions get better and better. Kind of a growing together time. 

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

10 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Off the mlive articlel https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/03/red-wings-to-extend-coach-jeff-blashill-for-two-seasons.html

"Blashill, 45, is expected to be named head coach of the U.S. World Championship team for the third year in a row on April 8, two days after the Red Wings wrap up their season."

If he is a s*** coach then why has he been picked to be the head coach of the US team the last 3 years? No one better they don't care to win?

I am looking at this way he never coached at this level he has made mistakes, roster is still  crap. Could be a situation where the roster gets younger and more talented and Blash's decisions get better and better. Kind of a growing together time. 

Because a lot of the american coaches will be in the playoffs and others probably declined to coach that. John Cooper nor Tortorella will drop the playoffs to go coach that lol

Edited by kickazz

11 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The head coach has no bearing on Larkin being the player he is? This sounds oddly familiar... Holland gets blamed for anything negative and doesn't get credit for anything positive. I guess the same applies to Blashill... It's his fault it a player doesn't develop as projected, but gets no credit for players that do develop as projected or exceed expectations... 

That's some f***ing dumb ass s*** right there...

Oh ya that’s some f***en dumb ass s*** right there ....

cause blashill is responsible for Dylan Larkin being such a great player he skipped out on going to Grand Rapids entirely and forcing himself into the lineup, how the f*** did blashill do that ? Larkin’s desire and tenacity and play has f*** all to do with blashill sorry to disappoint you, he would have been a great player with or without our coach and if you think otherwise I don’t know what to tell you

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Oh i understand but let’s not pretend this is bowman turning yzerman into a two way killing machine get real this guy can easily be replaced and is a mediocre guy behind the bench but now we got two guys with 30 goals and a nice little streak when it doesn’t f***en matter and will cost us a franchise elite talent and everyone is all pro blashill ... the f*** outta here 

Maybe if he’d been playing with larkin type talent he’d have figured that s*** out instead of playing on the 4th line repeatedly so I guess by that logic he’s teaching Rasmussen to be a great two way guy with his 5 minutes of ice time ... I look forward to him being a 2 way threat scoring 30 goals under blashill in 2 seasons

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's plateaued. Good time to trade him. 

I would trade him or mantha in a second if it meant we’d get that blue chip d prospect we sorely need 

9 hours ago, kliq said:

I'm not going to sit here and say Blashill is a great coach, to be honest I think he's ok. I would love to see what he can do with a good roster. However, what is ludicrous is saying that a head coach has "no bearing" on the output of his young players. Nobody is saying he is "THE" reason, but the guy has literally coached these kids their entire career, to imply he has no impact on their play is simply incorrect.

Dave Tippett had s***ty lineups and always brought them to the playoffs, do we have awful guys on the team?no s*** , is that blashills fault? No but he’s the one who’s been repeatedly giving abdelkader,ericsson and a ton more guys valued ice time and roster spots ahead of younger more deserving kids , just cause we have two 30 goal guys and a little streak I’m not gonna pretend he’s seen the light and he’s an amazing coach 

13 hours ago, mackel said:

This team is every bit as good as the NY Islanders... our coach however ain't no Barry Trotz.

Oh i understand but let’s not pretend this is bowman turning yzerman into a two way killing machine get real this guy can easily be replaced and is a mediocre guy behind the bench but now we got two guys with 30 goals and a nice little streak when it doesn’t f***en matter and will cost us a franchise elite talent and everyone is all pro blashill ... the f*** outta here 

Maybe if he’d been playing with larkin type talent he’d have figured that s*** out instead of playing on the 4th line repeatedly so I guess by that logic he’s teaching Rasmussen to be a great two way guy with his 5 minutes of ice time ... I look forward to him being a 2 way threat scoring 30 goals under blashill in 2 seasons

I'm not saying he's a great wins and losses coach or a great x's and o's coach. I would rank him in the bottom ten in the league among head coaches. But that's not why he's here.

He did well in GR developing future Wings and that's why he still has a job. And there isnt anything to complain about developmentally under Blashill.

Larkin has turned into a legit 1C and will become a PPG player.

AA went from being a one dimensional middle six winger to a responsible top 6 scoring threat.

D is more difficult to groom, and Hronek is progressing well under Blashill.

Mantha isn't yet the player I was hoping for, but injuries have played a part in that. Give him a healthy season under Blashill and you might find yourself a 30 goal power forward.

I was hoping that we had at least a 2nd line scoring winger in Svechnikov, but it appears now that his ceiling is a middle 6 winger. He is what he is, and you cant fault Blashill for that.

Rassmussen is still a work in progress.I would like to see more from a 9th overall pick. I will wait to hold off judgment until he fills out his enormous frame. He wont be an Eric Lindros, but I'm hoping for a Keith Primeau. We'll see.

All in all, what is there to complain about with Blashill as a developmental coach? He hasn't failed at bringing along any of the prospects. Unless u had unrealistic expectations. Expecting Larkin to be Yzerman? AA to be Federov? Mantha to be Shanahan? If you were, you'll never be satisfied no matter who the coach is. 

tl;dr Blashill aint bad

Oh ya that’s some f***en dumb ass s*** right there ....

cause blashill is responsible for Dylan Larkin being such a great player he skipped out on going to Grand Rapids entirely and forcing himself into the lineup, how the f*** did blashill do that ? Larkin’s desire and tenacity and play has f*** all to do with blashill sorry to disappoint you, he would have been a great player with or without our coach and if you think otherwise I don’t know what to tell you

I would trade him or mantha in a second if it meant we’d get that blue chip d prospect we sorely need 

Dave Tippett had s***ty lineups and always brought them to the playoffs, do we have awful guys on the team?no s*** , is that blashills fault? No but he’s the one who’s been repeatedly giving abdelkader,ericsson and a ton more guys valued ice time and roster spots ahead of younger more deserving kids , just cause we have two 30 goal guys and a little streak I’m not gonna pretend he’s seen the light and he’s an amazing coach 

It's cute that you think "this little streak" is the reason some of us think Blashill is actually a half decent coach, and not a pile of s*** that some dumb ass Red Wings fans on the internet see him as...

Also, not a single person would say that Blashill is the sole reason Larkin is the player he is today. Of course he's not. Larkin was going to be good regardless who coached him. Like you said, his desire and tenacity are the biggest reason he turned into a legit number one center, instead of the middle six center he was projected to be when he was drafted. However, when you say that the coach has "no bearing" on any player on the team, it just sounds dumb and petty.

Do you think when Larkin played in his first NHL game, on Zetterberg's wing, he was the player he is today? Of course he's not. He's grown a lot since then. The coach deserves some credit for that.

No one thinks Blashill is Bowman, not even close. So why even bring him up? There are so many coaches available that would do a better job than Blash?... Name them.

If you think there's a single coach out there that's going to do everything the way you want them to, you're in for a lot of disappointment. There are a ton of things that piss me off about Blashill. Just like there were a ton of things that pissed me off about Babcock. (And even Bowman). I understand though, that that's going to be the case with any coach.

Most Red Wings fans, and hockey fans in general are irrational. We've all been there from time to time. Some more than others... Thinking that a 2-year Blashill extension is some sort of monumental mistake is irrational in my opinion, but whatever...

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

1. Anyone would have played better with Z.

2. Playing with bottom 6 players was good for AAs development as a complete player. Everyone already knew about his offense. Dont u think maybe he learned a few things playing with guys who made a living checking and playing defense?

3. You nailed it. He COULD score by himself. Cherry picking. Hockey is a team sport.

4. Anyone will score more with better linemates and more ice time. AA is not unique in this regard. He needed to grow in other aspects of his game. Blashill put him with Helm and Abby and Glenny to help with that. They got less ice time, therefore AA got less time when he played with them. Doesnt mean it was BAD for his development. His play this season says otherwise.

5. Why is this even a debate? AA is better this year. That's all that matters, and Blash deserves some credit for that. The argument that he was always a superstar that Blashill was holding back is silly. He wasn't.