Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We barely knew ye. :bye2:

Hello Rasmussen 2.0 for the next few years 

8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Yes cause it’s everyday we have a game changing franchise player in the grasp of our hands all year until we decide to f*** it all up for a bleh pick 

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As I recall saying back at the start of the season...Ya gotta ride these highs, and lows with this rebuild.

I want this team to compete - I don't want them slacking off, and accepting a loss with 'shrugged shoulders'.

Yeah - our beloved Red Wings aren't very good, but at least most pundits will admit that this team competes most nights, and the coaching staff is doing what it can with what it has...In other words we're no where near as pathetic as the Oilers, or the Sabres...And look where all those hi-end picks have gotten them.

I'm typically a pessimist in nature, but I'm thinking we're due with a top 2 pick in this year's lottery.

Hahaha we’re headed the sabres,oilers route don’t ya worry 

doesn’t matter how nice Larkin is doing now , we have Toronto boston and Tampa who will pass us yearly don’t you worry ... Florida if they pick up bobrovsky and panarin as rumoured will be ahead of us , habs with price and Weber at least for 2-3 years should be better , sens tons of good prospects 

let’s not forget the other division, only chance of competing in our very own is to get that special top 3 pick we see in this years draft and we’re gonna be getting 8-10s every year with this team 

so it’ll be a long brutal rebuild ah la oilers,sabres ... enjoy it 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hello Rasmussen 2.0 for the next few years 

Yes cause it’s everyday we have a game changing franchise player in the grasp of our hands all year until we decide to f*** it all up for a bleh pick 

We get where you're coming from, and many here like myself agree with you to a certain extent.

I just got back home 75 minutes ago from Detroit, and watched with glee the Wings shutting out the Devils at the LCA.

I'm enjoying this game at this very moment...I'd suggest you try to do the same considering in a matter of 7 days the season will be over, and we'll have to wait 6 months for another Red Wings season of hockey.

Like I said earlier -  we've had some crap luck with the current system...Maybe - just maybe we're due for some luck at this years lottery.

Keep hope, and LGW !!!

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

As I recall saying back at the start of the season...Ya gotta ride these highs, and lows with this rebuild.

I want this team to compete - I don't want them slacking off, and accepting a loss with 'shrugged shoulders'.

Yeah - our beloved Red Wings aren't very good, but at least most pundits will admit that this team competes most nights, and the coaching staff is doing what it can with what it has...In other words we're no where near as pathetic as the Oilers, or the Sabres...And look where all those hi-end picks have gotten them.

I'm typically a pessimist in nature, but I'm thinking we're due with a top 2 pick in this year's lottery.

Absolutely. All of this.

I will say this tho: We can talk all day and night about how this winning is important and how the young kids are driving the bus, but we're probably going to have egg on our faces when the 2019-20 opening night roster is filled with slow, middling veterans.

Holland's been saying for years that he wants this team to get to a point where the young players have taken over -- by force -- and have eliminated the need for lots of veteran stopgaps. He's also been saying that 2019-20 is the season where we have to start turning things around and working our way back into the playoff picture. All of which is to say...can we please take note of what's working right now and consider that when it comes time to construct next season's roster?

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

We get where you're coming from, and many here like myself agree with you to a certain extent.

I just got back home 75 minutes ago from Detroit, and watched with glee the Wings shutting out the Devils at the LCA.

I'm enjoying this game at this very moment...I'd suggest you try to do the same considering in a matter of 7 days the season will be over, and we'll have to wait 6 months for another Red Wings season of hockey.

Like I said earlier -  we've had some crap luck with the current system...Maybe - just maybe we're due for some luck at this years lottery.

Keep hope, and LGW !!!

Oh trust me I ain’t enjoying s*** and I’m anxiously awaiting this season to be f***en over with, unlike you I’m thinking bigger picture ahead so I’m not really having any fun watching any wings games, I just want us to lose so we can have a game changing franchise guy on our team that might help speed this mess 

we’re headed the oilers/sabres route the way we’re playing don’t worry ... I like to think of logic when it comes to winning the lottery and not fantasy scenarios in my head , chances of us dropping 6-7-8 th to top 3 are slim to none 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Oh trust me I ain’t enjoying s*** and I’m anxiously awaiting this season to be f***en over with, unlike you I’m thinking bigger picture ahead so I’m not really having any fun watching any wings games, I just want us to lose so we can have a game changing franchise guy on our team that might help speed this mess 

we’re headed the oilers/sabres route the way we’re playing don’t worry ... I like to think of logic when it comes to winning the lottery and not fantasy scenarios in my head , chances of us dropping 6-7-8 th to top 3 are slim to none 

I think you're missing the trees for the forest here my friend...

Being bad doesn't guarantee any hi-end franchise player...Truth be told there's a significant amount of luck - in both the lottery, and where you end up drafting, AND how the player you draft matures, and develops over the next handful of years.

If sucking bad, and drafting in the top 5 for multiple years.....Well then we should've been watching the Oilers skate around with the Cup overhead for a handful of times by now.

3 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I hate Marchand.

Truth be told, I hate our power play more.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Underrated effort from Hirose to carry that into the zone, he worked hard to create that.

He seems like a bona fide possession player. As in, like, forget about shot metrics and all that -- he's good at holding the puck and making plays, including tape-to-tape passes.