• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

3/31 AA / Larkin in the 30 goals club GDT - Bruins at Red Wings 7:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Does anyone hate Darren Helm like I do?  He sucks at hockey.

Hate is a strong word for a Red Wing. I would say he frustrates me. The heart and effort is always there. The stuff that could make him a reliable scorer is not there, and that's not really his fault.

I think the most he's ever pissed me off was that pivotal screw-up in the 2015 Tampa series. If memory serves, he tried to get fancy with the puck in the o-zone while we were protecting a one-goal lead late in the 3rd. He turned the puck over and a few seconds later the puck was in our net and it was a tie game. Game went to OT, we lost, and it was absolutely soul-crushing. We were minutes away from breaking Tampa's back and Helm helped them break ours instead.

Edited by Dabura

35 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I think you're missing the trees for the forest here my friend...

Being bad doesn't guarantee any hi-end franchise player...Truth be told there's a significant amount of luck - in both the lottery, and where you end up drafting, AND how the player you draft matures, and develops over the next handful of years.

If sucking bad, and drafting in the top 5 for multiple years.....Well then we should've been watching the Oilers skate around with the Cup overhead for a handful of times by now.

Oh I ain’t missing s***, I know it doesn’t guarantee us a top 3 pick but it sure as hell guarantee’s us better odds , I’m not gonna count on hockey gods or fairy tales or what not and hope we keep winning , finish 8th and hope we drop 6 spots to #2 

can someone in the top 3 be a flop? Sure but I’ll take my chances with kakko,hughes and the Russian kid over someone at 8th any day 

we’ll if you think us drafting 8-10 yearly is the thing that’s gonna lead us to the cup than I don’t know what to tell you , start going through cup winners last dozen years and you’ll see all top picks , you think not drafting the best of the best with the division we’re in is gonna help propel this season into the playoffs and cup runs then I’m glad you’ve followed the oilers so you’ll knows what’s headed to Detroit 

18 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Come on Wings tie it up, I wanna see @nyqvististhefuture rage more

Deep down you know losing is what’s best