No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Yzerman overpaid for Leddy and Nejelkovich

Am I doing this right?

Nope. You're not.

Yzerman did overpay for Leddy, but it's whatever. This is an absolute steal though. Rights to 32 year old Bernier for much younger - 25 year old, and better Nedeljkovic AND a 3rd round pick... Great trade by Yzerman.

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I mean, I guess I can be the loser who asks "why did Carolina let him go? and for that price" 

Kind of what I'm wondering too. Maybe he wanted too much money? Not sure what their cap situation is like. But can't imagine they have a ton of space 

What's the story on Nedeljikovic? Good stats but doesn't play much. Injuries? Hard to believe he's from Ohio with that last name

Holy balls he's barely 25

Hard to understand their angle. He was their best goalie this season and is RFA asking for $3.5 AAV. They're happier with Mrazek and Reimer? Maybe he's more cancerous than Mrazek in the lockerroom...

And we sign him for 2 years at 3M per?  Gets better and better

Hard to understand their angle. He was their best goalie this season and is RFA asking for $3.5 AAV. They're happier with Mrazek and Reimer? Maybe he's more cancerous than Mrazek in the lockerroom...

Maybe they feel Bernier's an upgrade plus they get a 3rd? I dunno

Just now, amato said:

Kind of what I'm wondering too. Maybe he wanted too much money? Not sure what their cap situation is like. But can't imagine they have a ton of space 

According to The Athletic's Hurricanes beat writer he was asking for 3.5 million per season, Carolina didn't want to say it, and they didn't want to go to arbitration.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nope. You're not.

Yzerman did overpay for Leddy, but it's whatever. This is an absolute steal though. Rights to 32 year old Bernier for much younger - 25 year old, and better Nedeljkovic AND a 3rd round pick... Great trade by Yzerman.

We gave up the third. But still, an amazing trade. Never would've thought he'd be available at all. So stoked on this one!

1 minute ago, amato said:

They have nearly $30M, but have to sign like 11 players, including Svechnikov, and Bean, and Necas next year...

1 minute ago, amato said:

We gave up the third. But still, an amazing trade. Never would've thought he'd be available at all. So stoked on this one!

Yeah, read that wrong. Still a great trade.

Just now, BarkBurgerman said:

Everytime Leddy scores I will maliciously mock you

Yeah, for sure. Because of all the times I said Leddy was a great acquisition...

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

We still have the Bertuzzi card to play as well. Not sure that it happens today, but you've got to think it'll happen before the season starts.

Only if we get a mantha type return. Otherwise Stevie probly holds onto him 

Just now, amato said:

Only if we get a mantha type return. Otherwise Stevie probly holds onto him 

I think that's a bad idea. Bertuzzi already knows he's getting moved. So he's going to be a pain in the ass to get under contract, and he's not going to be motivated to play hard for Detroit knowing that he's leaving. Gotta move him before the season.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

We still have the Bertuzzi card to play as well. Not sure that it happens today, but you've got to think it'll happen before the season starts.

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a contract, and at least start the season in Detroit though. Maybe flip him at the deadline similar to Mantha. I'd assume teams may be wary of the back injury...