• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2021 Off-Season (Too Soon?)

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, but the $12M they dumped was for only one more year. They $8M they picked up is for 6 more years. So ya, they save $4M, but only for this season. Plus they gave away the 9th overall. 

But, they get a fairly good Dman and I think Arizona picks up 12% of his contract.    I wish SY could have snagged the Nucks 9th pick, I guess I'm just jealous at this point.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:14 AM, BarkBurgerman said:

With the Leddy trade Islanders fans were pretty much like "Yeah we're gonna lose him for nothing anyway, glad Lou did something there, even if it's not the best"

The Ned trade has Caneie fans in full uproar lol I'd post screenshots but there's honestly too much content to sift through.

This is a master stroke trade. A 3rd for a young starter. Probably our new Howard. Kid led his team to an AHL Calder trophy with Charlotte, then finished 3rd in Calder rookie voting in the NHL. Finishing above Vanecek (Washington's starter) and Shesterkin (NYR's starter) and Sorokin (Islanders backup wunderkid).

I could give less of a poop about the goalie pipeline now. If Ned works out we have a 10 year solution on our hands. I won't be surprised though if Yzerman grabs some insurance in the draft. Despite having Bishop he went out and got Vasi in Tampa.

Yeah, I can just imagine how badly Canes fans are losing their s*** over the trade. I felt we still needed a goalie pick or two in this draft though, and Yzerman pulled another great move outta nowhere in getting the Dman he wanted 6th and then trading up to 15th to snag Cossa and address the pipeline issue. Looking much better in goal than we were a few days ago, that's for sure. Vaz was a hell of a pick by Yzerman in Tampa. That was the pick Holland traded him for Kyle Quincey, so it was only right that Vaz turned out to be one of the best in the world.

Edited by chaps80

24 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Seems to be in the $2 million range. Good contract. 

Edit: 2 million on the nose. Full NMC. 

The deal is fine... 1 year as a mentor... we need to avoid multiple years to old guys at this point.  The NMC is peace of mind for him and he's earned that IMHO with his play last year.

5 minutes ago, mackel said:

The deal is fine... 1 year as a mentor... we need to avoid multiple years to old guys at this point.  The NMC is peace of mind for him and he's earned that IMHO with his play last year.

Truth. While his body can't keep up like it used to, he still has high hockey IQ and is very vocal on the ice and bench. Guys like Seider will learn a lot from him

2 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Does this mean Eric Staal too now?

If glenny signs elsewhere, it's certainly possible. 

One more LHD? Is it gonna be Yandle or Suter? Just kidding! I will still like to see Yzerman bring in Koekkoek. Of course you have a few bigger names if you want to dole out some more money : Jake McCabe, Mike Reilly, Ryan Murray, Brandon Montour, Erik Gustavsson. Then there is also guys likely on the cheap : Derrick Pouliot, Mikko Lehtonen, Ben Hutton, Andreas Borgman. 

Leddy - Hronek

Staal - Seider

Koekoek - Stecher

DD/Newpower

Up front, the only UFA I'd like to see return are Glenny and Ryan.

You have to remember that we are still acquiring Tyler Johnson, Jack Finely and the rights to Taylor Raddysh for a 4th round pick soon. :ninja:

Edited by LeftWinger