• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

BLASHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Rate this topic

giphy.webp

This is perrrrrrfect. Truly an Era has ended. I'm glad to see Salajko was included with this. Every goalie gets worse with him. 

Tanguay can stay. Wouldn't be very fair to fire him in his first season. 

Where do the bald bros Blash and Houda go now?

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Thank you sweet baby Jesus ..!!!

Interesting there is a name missing in that announcement.... Lambert likes Tanguay?

Also we have only Zadina to beat on for now.........

We still got Tanguay

#FIRETANGUAY

Just now, ely s said:

Who gives a ++++? They are gone and that is the important part.

If Oilers get booted early in playoffs (they won't) I could see Holland hiring his old boy lmao. 

Someone on HF boards mentioned Michigan State University should hire him. This is honestly the smartest suggestion I've seen. MSU once great hockey program has been in the gutter for years after Ron Mason retired. The last NHLer they produced was Torey Krug back in 2012. Blash could go there and have his own high dollar Big10 program to build from the ground up and bring NHL experience to it. And Blash was legitimately a very good college coach with Western Michigan and Miami of Ohio. I think college players would flock to play for a big10 school with a guy who just coached the Red Wings for like 10 years. 

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

giphy.webp

This is perrrrrrfect. Truly an Era has ended. I'm glad to see Salajko was included with this. Every goalie gets worse with him. 

Tanguay can stay. Wouldn't be very fair to fire him in his first season. 

Where do the bald bros Blash and Houda go now?

Houda probably gets an AHL job. I could see Blashill working in some capacity with USA Hockey or the USNTDP.

Not that it's at the top of anyone's priority list on here, but what do you think is the likely next stop for Blashill, now that he's not been offered another job to stay in the DRW organization in a different capacity?

Edited by Chuck Murray
update

3 minutes ago, Chuck Murray said:

Not that it's at the top of anyone's priority list on here, but what do you think is the likely next stop for Blashill, now that he's not been offered another job to stay in the DRW organization in a different capacity?

NCAA or USNTDP

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

NCAA or USNTDP

If he's likely to go back to NCAA coaching, do you think Michigan or MSU are likely to consider him for their openings?  Any insight into whether Blashill would consider either of those jobs, or might be inclined to wait for any pro openings this offseason, or just take a year off to reassess? 

Just now, Chuck Murray said:

If he's likely to go back to NCAA coaching, do you think Michigan or MSU are likely to consider him for their openings?  Any insight into whether Blashill would consider either of those jobs, or might be inclined to wait for any pro openings this offseason, or just take a year off to reassess? 

No insight. Just thinking that NCAA might be a good fit for him and he seems well liked within Team USA.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

No insight. Just thinking that NCAA might be a good fit for him and he seems well liked within Team USA.

He had some success in US juniors and at Western Michigan before coming to the Wings, so yeah it would seem to make some sense, plus he's well-positioned for USNDT if something opens up there, as you indicated.  Blashill turned out to be the walking talking embodiment of the "Peter Principle", and unfortunately found himself in way over his head as an NHL head coach after being pretty successful at everything else he'd tried before that.

Just reading some of the speculation on here after a while away, it'll be interesting to see if Yzerman holds to form and hires someone like Lambert, or tries to make a bigger splash ...  

I think Blash will be in the mix for some NHL HC jobs... if he gets one IDK. Teams will look at him and say this is a guy who was long tenured (so he must be well liked) yet never had the chance to coach anything but dismal rebuilding teams - maybe he can do a lot better with my competitive roster. If he doesn't get one it's because there's too many other good candidates like coach Q available.

Or he can pull a David Quinn and go right back to college or the US program where he's well liked. Don't think the Wolverines would be interested in him as they are very happy with Mel Pearson (who I would consider poaching for the Red Wings) but MSU I think would be all over trying to get Blash.