• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, TLGTrico said:

That UFA better be able to competently log top pairing minutes alongside Seider

This is why I wouldn't mind Chiarot. Is he that great? No, but he can log a lot of minutes. 

Normally I'd ask, what does Seider need in a partner? Someone fast? Offensive? Defensive? But honestly I think he's good enough all around to not need anything in particular. Any UFA is likely just a stop gap until Johansson or Wallinder are ready to play with Seider anyway.

Therefore I'm looking more to what the team needs as a whole. And that's defensive Dmen to replace DDK and Staal on the PK. I think SY will be looking mentorship again too. Really leaning towards Edler myself right now.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

This is why I wouldn't mind Chiarot. Is he that great? No, but he can log a lot of minutes. 

Normally I'd ask, what does Seider need in a partner? Someone fast? Offensive? Defensive? But honestly I think he's good enough all around to not need anything in particular. Any UFA is likely just a stop gap until Johansson or Wallinder are ready to play with Seider anyway.

Therefore I'm looking more to what the team needs as a whole. And that's defensive Dmen to replace DDK and Staal on the PK. I think SY will be looking mentorship again too. Really leaning towards Edler myself right now.

Kenny would be so jealous.

5 hours ago, marcaractac said:

We're gonna be bad anyway, but yeah, new coach for sure. At least let's be competitive in losses. 

I do think we finish lower in the standings next year than this. But we flirt with playoffs the season after. I expect it to be Detroit, Arizona, Philly, and Chicago in the Bedard/Michkov sweepstakes.

Oh I dont think a new coach will suddenly turn things around and make this a playoff team. But it would be nice to feel like you could make a fair assessment on the players we have. 

On 4/25/2022 at 6:14 PM, Akakabuto said:

Oh I dont think a new coach will suddenly turn things around and make this a playoff team. But it would be nice to feel like you could make a fair assessment on the players we have. 

We'll have very few good, young players who still need to learn how to succeed at the NHL level combined with a whole lot of plugs to fill out the roster. I don't really see what is so unfair about that. 

At best Edvinsson comes in and is as good as Seider in his first year and we're closer to a .500 team. 

I'm not saying this roster is gonna regress next year. I simply think teams around them will also improve, and some will pass them in the standings. When looking at ROW and goal differential, this team is well in the bottom 5. 

9 hours ago, marcaractac said:

We'll have very few good, young players who still need to learn how to succeed at the NHL level combined with a whole lot of plugs to fill out the roster. I don't really see what is so unfair about that.

I meant that with a competent coach behind the bench we will have a better read on how they are learning to do that. 

On 4/25/2022 at 4:44 PM, Akakabuto said:

My eternal optimistic side says you never know ...maybe we hold on to leads in the 3rd, maybe the PK/PP come alive and we scratch and claw into the playoffs as a wild card. 

New voice new expectations, system etc...never say never

On 4/27/2022 at 4:26 AM, marcaractac said:

At best Edvinsson comes in and is as good as Seider in his first year and we're closer to a .500 team. 

I'm not saying this roster is gonna regress next year. I simply think teams around them will also improve, and some will pass them in the standings. When looking at ROW and goal differential, this team is well in the bottom 5. 

I disagree with you IF we pick up Forsberg. I think we will struggle though if we dont.  Raymond, Seider add made us night and day better last year.  It was a noticeable adrenaline shot.  Edvinsson + Forsberg would do the exact same thing.  I really think we could be a playoff team next year if the chips fall the right way.  But if they dont, then Im in agreement with you for the most part.  Bottom 10.  Not bottom 5.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You are wrong.  They both doing it to get more tail.

>Boston. Cold. Full of snobby intellectuals who think they all go to Harvard.

>ASU. Party school. Have to drink liquor bc beer gets warm too fast. Women walk around in bikinis all year round.

Mastro would be g-ay if he didn't transfer. 

31 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

>ASU. Party school. Have to drink liquor bc beer gets warm too fast. Women walk around in bikinis all year round.

He'll be hangin' it with Kyle Rittenhouse.

6 hours ago, bIueadams said:

yup.  male underwear stain smelling g-ay.

On 5/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

yup.  male underwear stain smelling g-ay.

Don't knock it til.... 

Listen, my wife never had to worry about her husband paying the bills. Even while unemployed for years.

:unsure:

2 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Cotton will never make it in this org as a d but could make it as a w. He has a bomb of a shot and nose for the net should go the reverse Ericsson route and switch to rw.

We have like a few months to get Cotton signed and I don't think it happens

3 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

We have like a few months to get Cotton signed and I don't think it happens

Me either. Just sayin hed have a better shot to get a contract with the Red Wings or another org if he made the switch to f. He sucks on d.

Cotton has 14 pts in 8 WHL playoff games so far. 5 goals as a Dman. Say what you want about his skating and his defense, this kid can score. I think he's worth signing just to explore this. His scoring ability can't be ignored. He'll get picked up by another team willing to test him out. 

Cossa has multiple shut outs in 6 WHL playoff games already. 1.00 GAA average. Taking his game to the next level when it counts. 

Berggren sets records for the Griffins and looks poised to make the Red Wings next year. Soderblom looks better than Berggren at the World's. Elmer might turn into a mega impact player for us. 

2 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Cotton has 14 pts in 8 WHL playoff games so far. 5 goals as a Dman. Say what you want about his skating and his defense, this kid can score. I think he's worth signing just to explore this. His scoring ability can't be ignored. He'll get picked up by another team willing to test him out. 

Cossa has multiple shut outs in 6 WHL playoff games already. 1.00 GAA average. Taking his game to the next level when it counts. 

Berggren sets records for the Griffins and looks poised to make the Red Wings next year. Soderblom looks better than Berggren at the World's. Elmer might turn into a mega impact player for us. 

and all our Denver boys lit it up

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

That sounds good and all, but unless we’ve got 3 or 4 blue chippers on defense we are cooked.

Wait…What’s that? 

*checks notes*

We have some dudes named Edvinsson, Johansson, and Wallinder too? 

Well that seems good, eh?