• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Isnt it something like sub20% of 2nds play more then 100 games in the NHL? You want to hit on every pick but its just not gonna happen.

If ya get 2 top half lineup guys in 1 draft its a successful draft. Seider is already and at least 1 of Johansson/Soderblom should be.

Wallinder/Mazur should make it in some capacity. Viros a bust. The other players have a shot.

JesperShouldaBeenAWing

Tuomisto wasnt like a 50th pick. He was a very high 2nd, borderline 1st rounder. And he couldnt cut in college. Hes not going back to Finland for the challenge, he got forced off a college roster by freshmen. Pretty disapointed in that pick by SY.

Disagree on Viro. He joined the Liiga at 18. A pretty considerable feat. SY got him under contract almost immedately, a pretty good sign of SYs faith in him. Hes not a big scorer so far and i had some doubts, but now SY is bringing him stateside at 20 years old. Another tell that they like this kid and see a future there. Viro has essentially gotten Edvinsson/Seider treatment from this org. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Tuomisto wasnt like a 50th pick. He was a very high 2nd, borderline 1st rounder. And he couldnt cut in college. Hes not going back to Finland for the challenge, he got forced off a college roster by freshmen. Pretty disapointed in that pick by SY.

Disagree on Viro. He joined the Liiga at 18. A pretty considerable feat. SY got him under contract almost immedately, a pretty good sign of SYs faith in him. Hes not a big scorer so far and i had some doubts, but now SY is bringing him stateside at 20 years old. Another tell that they like this kid and see a future there. Viro has essentially gotten Edvinsson/Seider treatment from this org. 

Viro sucks Tuomisto sucks Kivenmaki sucks Kotkansalo sucks Saarijarvi sucked. Notice a trend? Stop drafting s***ty Finns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Viro sucks Tuomisto sucks Kivenmaki sucks Kotkansalo sucks Saarijarvi sucked. Notice a trend? Stop drafting s***ty Finns.

Filppula is the only triple gold Finn retard

Edited by bIueadams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bIueadams said:

2019 is a big win if Johansson and Soderblom pan out. Seider alone makes that draft a win. I just hate wasting two 2nd rounders.

2020 looks very decent as well with Raymond, Wallinder, Viro and Hanas. Maybe Sebrango and Niederbach too.

2021 outside of Cossa and Eddog, Mazur and Buium look very good. Zito also has late steal potential.

You shoulda been here during that season. There was an ongoing flame war about whether we should even select any goalie in the first round that lasted all season. 

But all of us pro goalie bros were on team JesperWillBeAWing. Only @marcaractac wanted Cossa and SY listened for some reason. 

I willed that pick into existence. Just like I'm gonna will Savoie into this year's big pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

I willed that pick into existence. Just like I'm gonna will Savoie into this year's big pick.

Savoie finished this season with 90pts in 65gp on even more stacked team then Cossa. Is he going to regress to? 75pts in 68gp next season? 

Savoie sucks. Kasper will be the pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Savoie finished this season with 90pts in 65gp on even more stacked team then Cossa. Is he going to regress to? 75pts in 68gp next season? 

Savoie sucks. Kasper will be the pick.

Jiricek is the guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Savoie finished this season with 90pts in 65gp on even more stacked team then Cossa. Is he going to regress to? 75pts in 68gp next season? 

Savoie sucks. Kasper will be the pick.

Kasper will top out as a 3C. Boring. I'd take Geekie or Nazar over him any day if Savoie were already taken.

Savoie has the complete toolset of high hockey IQ, skill, speed, ability to make plays at top speed, and work ethic. The kid is a stud now and will be in the NHL as well.

At worst he doesn't pan out down the middle and becomes a really good top 6 winger (which we also still need).

Edited by marcaractac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Kasper will top out as a 3C. Boring. I'd take Geekie or Nazar over him any day if Savoie were already taken.

Savoie has the complete toolset of high hockey IQ, skill, speed, ability to make plays at top speed, and work ethic. The kid is a stud now and will be in the NHL as well.

At worst he doesn't pan out down the middle and becomes a really good top 6 winger (which we also still need).

Centers aren't even important. BPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bIueadams said:

Centers aren't even important. BPA. 

If Savoie is there at 8, he is the BPA. Depending on how the first 7 picks go, you can make arguments for the other two as BPA in that spot as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

If Savoie is there at 8, he is the BPA. Depending on how the first 7 picks go, you can make arguments for the other two as BPA in that spot as well. 

Im sold on Savoie.  I have him going at pick 6, tho.

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/05/31/red-wings-daily-detroit-prospect-cossa-is-whl-goalie-of-the-week/

 

Just crushing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Im sold on Savoie.  I have him going at pick 6, tho.

https://detroithockeynow.com/2022/05/31/red-wings-daily-detroit-prospect-cossa-is-whl-goalie-of-the-week/

 

Just crushing.

My hope is his size causes him to drop. We see it happen all the time. Got to imagine Geekie gets taken earlier than projected because of his size. Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

My hope is his size causes him to drop. We see it happen all the time. Got to imagine Geekie gets taken earlier than projected because of his size. Fingers crossed!

Oh hes smol? Pass then. SY is building a height and girth roster. Savoielet would bring down our average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Still really like Kasper and Nazar, but I'm becoming a Cutter Gauthier fanboy as well.

Is Gauthier the heavy forechecking center? 

Also, I live near Gauthier, MS now. Locals pronounce it as "Go-Shay". Its bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

but I'm becoming a Cutter Gauthier fanboy as well.

Place of birth: Skellefteå, Sweden

He’ll fit in nice with the other Red Wings. 

Edited by Akakabuto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Place of birth: Skellefteå, Sweden

He’ll fit in nice with the other Red Wings. 

Born in Sweden. Raised in Michigan.

He'll do well in Colombus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, marcaractac said:

My hope is his size causes him to drop. We see it happen all the time. Got to imagine Geekie gets taken earlier than projected because of his size. Fingers crossed!

His stock has risen.  secret is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Cotton not signed. 

I think someone will take a flyer on him. Even if its just an AHL team to start. My guess is GR is just too packed with blue liners.

Lashoff, Johansson, Viro, Sebrango, McIsaac, Barton, Newpower, possibly Kampfer as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I think someone will take a flyer on him. Even if its just an AHL team to start. My guess is GR is just too packed with blue liners.

Lashoff, Johansson, Viro, Sebrango, McIsaac, Barton, Newpower, possibly Kampfer as well. 

Stacked LD but RD looks pretty wide open. I said before tho Cotton shoulda switched to RW would have a much better shot at cracking a NHL lineup as a W then D imo. Either way no big loss with him or Eliasson/Kivenmaki.

Side note- this org used to be the best in the biz at drafting talent deep in the draft. It feels like weve been the worst for the past decade or so its been real bad. We havent had a significant hit top6F/top4D beyond R2 since 2008 when we drafted Nyquist in R4. We havent even had many R2 hits outside of Bert and Hronek- 2 players most of the fan base wants traded. SY needs to find a Kucherov/Point in R2/3 to get this team back on top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Stacked LD but RD looks pretty wide open. I said before tho Cotton shoulda switched to RW would have a much better shot at cracking a NHL lineup as a W then D imo. Either way no big loss with him or Eliasson/Kivenmaki.

Side note- this org used to be the best in the biz at drafting talent deep in the draft. It feels like weve been the worst for the past decade or so its been real bad. We havent had a significant hit top6F/top4D beyond R2 since 2008 when we drafted Nyquist in R4. We havent even had many R2 hits outside of Bert and Hronek- 2 players most of the fan base wants traded. SY needs to find a Kucherov/Point in R2/3 to get this team back on top.

2 things:

1) The rest of the teams caught up to us in European scouting.  There are no secrets over there anymore.

2) A player drafted past pick #20 has almost zero chance of having a solid NHL career.  That's just the way it is.  Once in a while, you might find a needle in the haystack.  But it's a crap shoot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

2 things:

1) The rest of the teams caught up to us in European scouting.  There are no secrets over there anymore.

2) A player drafted past pick #20 has almost zero chance of having a solid NHL career.  That's just the way it is.  Once in a while, you might find a needle in the haystack.  But it's a crap shoot.  

Holland was gonna prove you wrong with Cholowski...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now