• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, town123 said:

A few weeks ago Corey Pronman of the Athletic linked the top guy, Collin Graf, to the Red Wings. He said we got close to signing him last year.

57 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

A few weeks ago Corey Pronman of the Athletic linked the top guy, Collin Graf, to the Red Wings. He said we got close to signing him last year.

Is he a NHL 2C?

Graf attended the Panthers and Preds training camp the past 2 summers and is from the Boston area. Why would he sign with the Wings?

Edited by stephen-gregory-yzerman

1 hour ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Is he a NHL 2C?

Graf attended the Panthers and Preds training camp the past 2 summers and is from the Boston area. Why would he sign with the Wings?

I don’t think he plays center. As far as the other part I don’t know, I’m just repeating what I read.

3 hours ago, town123 said:

The one I was interested in was Cade Webber. He refused to sign with his drafting team (canes) and the leafs traded for his rights at this years TDL. Hes due to become a UFA in August. 6'7" Dman. American born, so hoping he rejects the leafs too...

23 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

The one I was interested in was Cade Webber. He refused to sign with his drafting team (canes) and the leafs traded for his rights at this years TDL. Hes due to become a UFA in August. 6'7" Dman. American born, so hoping he rejects the leafs too...

I wonder why he didn't want to sign in Carolina.   If it's because he figured there was a logjam for a job then Toronto would probably be best for him.   I'd love him in the D, but if he looks at SY slow playing all our d specs other than Seider.... and I don't think Stevie would promise him anything.   dang

14 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Did any of these guys do anything good this year?  @kipwinger

Danielson: B+

ASP: A+

Augustine: A

Gibson: B+

Finnie: B (the caveat here is that his team was baaaaaad. So I should probably give him an "A" for what he had to work with despite his numbers only being okay). Finnie also looked pretty good for the Griffins the other night too.

Everyone else sucked or didn't play (Dower Nilsson, Brady Cleveland).

Florida won the sweepstakes on the massive Czech Dman.

Hoping Wings will take a look at KHL goalie Konovalov, and KHL Dman Syomin.

Konovalov drafted 3rd round by oilers, but returned to moscow dynamo when he lost AHL starting gig. Playing great now at 24 yo.

Syomin, 26 yo undrafted 6'4" LHD. Made his KHL team this year and they named him assistant captain. Big heavy violent mafuqqa.

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Florida won the sweepstakes on the massive Czech Dman.

Hoping Wings will take a look at KHL goalie Konovalov, and KHL Dman Syomin.

Konovalov drafted 3rd round by oilers, but returned to moscow dynamo when he lost AHL starting gig. Playing great now at 24 yo.

Syomin, 26 yo undrafted 6'4" LHD. Made his KHL team this year and they named him assistant captain. Big heavy violent mafuqqa.

You had my commitment when I read the bolded

We have to draft Defensemen the next 2 drafts.  Our talent pool in Detroit looks pretty decent with Edvinsson, Seider, ASP, Johansson, Wallinder, and Tuomisto, but we are going to need to start stocking up Toledo and Grand Rapids, as it gets pretty damn thin after these guys pop up to the show.