• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

Red Wings Fired AL Sobotka

Rate this topic

Updates on Al

Al texted Chris Illitch's personal phone the day after he was fired:

"Chris, I'm sure you heard that I was terminated. I don't think I deserve it. After 50 seasons of hard work, countless hours, holidays, missing out with the family ... I would hope you had it in your heart for another chance. I would love to go (out) on my own and retire. I have much respect for you and your family ... I'm begging you, this is killing me."

Illitch never responded.

His lawsuit doesn't look very sound. They fired him for peeing in the zam pit, which he admitted to, but he is claiming they really fired him for being old because an executive called him "too old" the week before the incident. And he's claiming they had a different executive fire him to "protect" the aforementioned exec. Al doesn't realize execs often have neutral colleagues do the actual firing for them to prevent emotion and argument.

Al's corner is arguing he was never warned, or written up, or disciplined in any other way, and the termination was extreme. Olympia is arguing urinating outside the restroom is an immediate firing offense.

Sobotka is also saying he is in therapy, is on sleeping pills, and has nightmares because of the firing.... untuck your dick and take a vitamin Al.

22 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Updates on Al

Al texted Chris Illitch's personal phone the day after he was fired:

Illitch never responded.

His lawsuit doesn't look very sound. They fired him for peeing in the zam pit, which he admitted to, but he is claiming they really fired him for being old because an executive called him "too old" the week before the incident. And he's claiming they had a different executive fire him to "protect" the aforementioned exec. Al doesn't realize execs often have neutral colleagues do the actual firing for them to prevent emotion and argument.

Al's corner is arguing he was never warned, or written up, or disciplined in any other way, and the termination was extreme. Olympia is arguing urinating outside the restroom is an immediate firing offense.

Sobotka is also saying he is in therapy, is on sleeping pills, and has nightmares because of the firing.... untuck your dick and take a vitamin Al.

He was working for the red wings not his son's peewee team lol he's out of touch. Better off pissing on yourself at that point, & if it's that bad retire.

20 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Hence the reason I work from home....

Dicks out only in the bathroom, lockeroom, subway train, or Mexican girls quinceañera. Everything else you can be fired for. 

20 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Chances are he ruffled some feathers over the years and they wanted him gone...Pissing where he shouldn't have gave the boss' a prime opportunity to kick him to the curb.

There's that loyalty for ya!

Okay, here me out. If you worked in an office building and you found a coworker urinating in the hallway because he had "prostate issues", what do you think should happen to him? What about if he were urinating in the break room at a Target? Or in the corner of the aerobics room at Planet Fitness?

Even if Al Sabotka were the employee of the year for 50 straight years he still should be fired for pulling his dick out and peeing in an area not designated for it. He didn't need to do anything beyond what we already know about for it to be a fire-able offense.

25 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Chances are he ruffled some feathers over the years and they wanted him gone...Pissing where he shouldn't have gave the boss' a prime opportunity to kick him to the curb.

There's that loyalty for ya!

They put an old man in therapy with piss nightmares over this. 

Al: "i guess that's when I realized my relationship with my mother wasnt normal, and pissing whereever I wanted gave me a sense of control over my life that I was always lacking"

Therapist: "You dont think youre just 70 years old with an expectedly inflamed prostate?"

Al: "But then how come everynight I have the same dream? I open the zam tanks and its full of piss. I go to wash my hands, but the faucet is full of piss. I look out over the ice, but its all frozen piss. I WAKE UP SWEATING BUT MY SWEAT IS ALL PISS. 

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Okay, here me out. If you worked in an office building and you found a coworker urinating in the hallway because he had "prostate issues", what do you think should happen to him? What about if he were urinating in the break room at a Target? Or in the corner of the aerobics room at Planet Fitness?

Even if Al Sabotka were the employee of the year for 50 straight years he still should be fired for pulling his dick out and peeing in an area not designated for it. He didn't need to do anything beyond what we already know about for it to be a fire-able offense.

From my understanding and the pics I had seen of the area/s he pee'd - it was outta plain sight and only seen by a fellow maintenance employee.

I work in healthcare so I see all kinds of unusual $hit...Seems like they wanted him gone - if I had a grudge against him then maybe I'd say sumthin to the 'boss', but otherwise I'd keep it to myself, or have a private chat with him.

THERES PISS IN THE ICE AT LCA

20 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

From my understanding and the pics I had seen of the area/s he pee'd - it was outta plain sight and only seen by a fellow maintenance employee.

I work in healthcare so I see all kinds of unusual $hit...Seems like they wanted him gone - if I had a grudge against him then maybe I'd say sumthin to the 'boss', but otherwise I'd keep it to myself, or have a private chat with him.

It doesn't matter if it were a secluded broom closet. You're not allowed to pee wherever you want at work. I can't believe we don't all agree on this.

14 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

It doesn't matter if it were a secluded broom closet. You're not allowed to pee wherever you want at work. I can't believe we don't all agree on this.

Wut if I pee in your half-full coffee mug in a 'designated area'? Wut then?

Reminds me of a conversation I had a few months back with a coworker...Apparently at his previous place of work (another hospital) he had an older coworker with prostate woes - sudden urge to piss and such...Not once, but on on 2 separate occasions while in a PT's room he had to use the PT's bathroom to avoid peeing himself...Was talked to by mgt about the 1st incident...After the 2nd he was given early retirement and avoided disciplinary action, or termination...At least his boss was decent/understanding.

11 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Reminds me of a conversation I had a few months back with a coworker...Apparently at his previous place of work (another hospital) he had an older coworker with prostate woes - sudden urge to piss and such...Not once, but on on 2 separate occasions while in a PT's room he had to use the PT's bathroom to avoid peeing himself...Was talked to by mgt about the 1st incident...After the 2nd he was given early retirement and avoided disciplinary action, or termination...At least his boss was decent/understanding.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide "reasonable accommodations" to persons with disabilities. If your coworker had reported his disability to HR they would likely have given him more frequent bathroom breaks or a desk job near a bathroom or something like that. What you're not allowed to do is...whatever you want...and then blame your disability after the fact. The fact that he was "let go" or "retired" or whatever shows that he didn't arrange for reasonable accommodation under the ADA because if he had it would have been illegal to terminate him.

The same is true for Al Sobatka.

Edited by kipwinger

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires employers to provide "reasonable accommodations" to persons with disabilities. If your coworker had reported his disability to HR they would likely have given him more frequent bathroom breaks or a desk job near a bathroom or something like that. What you're not allowed to do is...whatever you want...and then blame your disability after the fact. The fact that he was "let go" or "retired" or whatever shows that he didn't arrange for reasonable accommodation under the ADA because if he had it would have been illegal to terminate him.

The same is true for Al Sobatka.

My coworkers' former coworker was allowed to retire...Al's case was 50 some years of service  'down the drain'...