• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Walman6million

5/7 - Draft Lottery GDT - Detroit v The Bettman - 8PM EST

Rate this topic

31 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

havent announced it yet, and they announce it.  totally legit

they just announced the first change in the draft order before they revealed the card.  totally legit lottery

Are you guys watching?  It's F U C K I N G Rigged!!!

Been saying this forever.   It's beyond obvious now.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

We didn't wanna win this way anyway boys. No one will ever be able to say we didn't earn our picks.

Finally, someone not speaking loser. Wanting to lose bad enough to draft a Canadian twink is the epitope of “small dick energy”.  

Give me some Euro who plies his trade getting his ass kicked by adults in the best leagues in the world outside the NHL. Just like Seider and Raymond and Edvinsson, and Kasper before him.

I can imagine the narrative if we won the lottery. ”Yzermans rebuild were going nowhere until he lucked into getting a generational talent”. Well, atleast nobody can say that when we win the cup in 2027. 

23 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Do Stevie even draft french canadians? I bet he would have passed on Betard too. 

Betard is gonna slip to #10 just like Zadina fell. Guys game doesnt translate to the pace of the NHL. 

Also Bedard is from Vancouver I think. Stevie did sign Alexandre Douccet for next year. 

The league should do without the lottery and do something like base the draft order on the overall standings of the most recent 3 seasons combined. As well as not allowing any team to get a top pick in consecutive seasons. 

I'm sure this idea can be poked full of holes with more thought than the 30 seconds I have thought about it, but I feel it limits tanking, as it would be financially insane to tank for three straight seasons. 

Could very well be a stupid idea, but something to rant about I guess. 

I say bottom 8 have one and done tourney held after the season before the playoffs begin. Winner gets #1 and how you finish determines order so would look like this for this year....

Caps vs Ducks

Flyers vs Jackets

Yotes vs Hawks

Habs vs Sharks

Reorder the winners after based on positioning

So in my mythical world randomly picking for the example

Caps, Jackets, Hawks, Habs win

so the losers pick in their current order no change

Caps vs Sharks

Habs vs Hawks

then for the #1

Caps vs Hawks

Caps win ....cause I hate the Hawks

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I say bottom 8 have one and done tourney held after the season before the playoffs begin. Winner gets #1 and how you finish determines order so would look like this for this year....

Caps vs Ducks

Flyers vs Jackets

Yotes vs Hawks

Habs vs Sharks

Reorder the winners after based on positioning

So in my mythical world randomly picking for the example

Caps, Jackets, Hawks, Habs win

so the losers pick in their current order no change

Caps vs Sharks

Habs vs Hawks

then for the #1

Caps vs Hawks

Caps win ....cause I hate the Hawks

The right way to do it is to set up a schedule where each team gets one automatically once every 32 years.  Then just do a worst to first for the #2 to #32 pick.  Its a joke to have Detroit go 40+ years without one and have Edmonton get 4 of them.  Will there still be tanking to get the number 2 pick?  Yah.  But this system completely removes the Betman closed door, closed windows, video taped lottery ball stupidness.  Every hockey fan knows the draft order is rigged right now.  It's obvious.  

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

The league should do without the lottery and do something like base the draft order on the overall standings of the most recent 3 seasons combined. As well as not allowing any team to get a top pick in consecutive seasons. 

I'm sure this idea can be poked full of holes with more thought than the 30 seconds I have thought about it, but I feel it limits tanking, as it would be financially insane to tank for three straight seasons. 

I like the idea of factoring the last few years, it would keep teams from going to the finals one year and then getting the first round pick the next year (MTL 21, 22). Or teams having one down year, getting lucky in the lotto and adding a high pick to an already good roster (NYR 20). 

It would help out the the teams that have been struggling for a while instead of teams that have just had a bad year. 

5 minutes ago, Rick D said:

I like the idea of factoring the last few years, it would keep teams from going to the finals one year and then getting the first round pick the next year (MTL 21, 22). Or teams having one down year, getting lucky in the lotto and adding a high pick to an already good roster (NYR 20). 

It would help out the the teams that have been struggling for a while instead of teams that have just had a bad year. 

My thoughts exactly. No teams get screwed in a lottery, and it would be significantly more difficult to abuse the system for high draft picks. 

It also would prevent scenarios like that Rangers lottery win that year where they were literally in the ******* playoffs. 

Anybody here a statistics guy?  4 ball combos could go from 10 (1,2,3,4) to 50 (11,12,13,14).  So over an infinite amount of draws, I would expect 30 to be the mean and top of the bell curve.  Am I wrong?  The blackhawks ended up at 31.  That does not appear far enough away from the mean to justify a 14% odds drop.  I would think for 25% of infinite draws, you'd have a spread of 10.5 (25.6% published odds × 41 draw combos possible).  So the Ducks should have had a ball combo range from 25.25-34.75 to give them a legit 25.6% chance of the 1st pick.  And why wasnt the sheet with the numbers made available to all before they pulled the balls?  Even if they were randomly going to pull out more likely combos and assign them to less likely teams ( which makes zero sense), they should have made that available to all days before the draft if they wanted us to believe this was legit.  Some guy in a suit whispering "Chicago" after checking his secret sheet is garbage.  I dont believe it.  If that sheet was public, and a statistics guy can prove the odds are distributed correctly with it, then I will stand corrected and be quiet.  As it stands now, I believe all the people in the room are part of a fixed lottery draft set up to send marquee players to struggling big markets to increase revenue for the sport (which I'm not against).  Hockey is a great sport, but this part of it sucks.  They need to take it out of the commissioner's hands by setting a 32 year schedule where each team gets a number 1 overall, then worst to first for picks 2 to 32.

3 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Maybe winning % over 3 seasons?

So - for example the 2023 draft selection order would be averaging the 22/23, 21/22, and 20/21 seasons.

2024 selection order would then be based on the winning %  average of 23/24, 22/23, and 21/22.

So in theory - a team like the Caps would certainly not be 8th this June - more like 14th/15th base on a 3 year win %.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Anybody here a statistics guy?  4 ball combos could go from 10 (1,2,3,4) to 50 (11,12,13,14).  So over an infinite amount of draws, I would expect 30 to be the mean and top of the bell curve.  Am I wrong?  The blackhawks ended up at 31.  That does not appear far enough away from the mean to justify a 14% odds drop.  I would think for 25% of infinite draws, you'd have a spread of 10.5 (25.6% published odds × 41 draw combos possible).  So the Ducks should have had a ball combo range from 25.25-34.75 to give them a legit 25.6% chance of the 1st pick.  And why wasnt the sheet with the numbers made available to all before they pulled the balls?  Even if they were randomly going to pull out more likely combos and assign them to less likely teams ( which makes zero sense), they should have made that available to all days before the draft if they wanted us to believe this was legit.  Some guy in a suit whispering "Chicago" after checking his secret sheet is garbage.  I dont believe it.  If that sheet was public, and a statistics guy can prove the odds are distributed correctly with it, then I will stand corrected and be quiet.  As it stands now, I believe all the people in the room are part of a fixed lottery draft set up to send marquee players to struggling big markets to increase revenue for the sport (which I'm not against).  Hockey is a great sport, but this part of it sucks.  They need to take it out of the commissioner's hands by setting a 32 year schedule where each team gets a number 1 overall, then worst to first for picks 2 to 32.

Combos seem made up. Whole thing was predetermined 100.