No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

DeBrincat

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

So we just traded:

Bertuzzi + Kubalik + Sebrango, for Debrincat

Not great IMO. I'd rather have just extended Bertuzzi.

Shut it, Bertboy.  We got a legit top 6 winger and only have 2 more holes to fill now.  Big holes = 1C and 1LW, but we are getting closer 

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Shut it, Bertboy.  We got a legit top 6 winger and only have 2 more holes to fill now.  Big holes = 1C and 1LW, but we are getting closer 

Watch Bert outscore Dcat this year. It's almost guaranteed to happen. And that will make this trade a lot worse.

We just had another Franzen/Hossa moment. And we chose Franzen again.

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:
11 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Watch Bert be a minus player again this year

Forget what Bert does

Watch Dcat score 60 and Kubalik score 50...

Our forward group now screams "Finally! We're truly only one year away from the playoffs now!" and I hate it lmao

But like I said in a rant a few weeks ago: Once Kasper and Mazur and Danielson find their way into the lineup, things are going to get interesting in a hurry.

Edited by Dabura

3 minutes ago, cwilson said:

No way Kubalik scares 50. No way, no how. 

Kubalik scored 45 this year. You really wanna bet on that? He took off at worlds too...

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Our forward group now screams "Finally! We're truly only one year away from the playoffs now!" and I hate it lmao

But like I said in a rant a few weeks ago: Once Kasper and Mazur and Danielson find their way into the lineup, things are going to get interesting in a hurry.

I mean our forwward group is essentially:

DCat - Larkin - Raymond
Compher - Copp - Perron

I don't think we arre changing the world this year

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Well - Cat will be 29 and a UFA so he’ll have another opportunity to cash in.

Glad to have him on the Wings.

Id rather have Bertuzzi + Kubalik + Sebrango

But that' just me. Dcat better core his ass off this year.

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Please... You're the one who was crying about not wanting DeBrincat because it'll turn Raymond into Zadina. 

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

So we just traded:

Bertuzzi + Kubalik + Sebrango, for Debrincat

Not great IMO. I'd rather have just extended Bertuzzi.

Bertuzzi wasn't going to extend here. Thats why he was traded to begin with. Kubalik was leaving via TDL or UFA. Sebrango was way down the D prospect ladder. The 1st basically covered Bertuzzi not re-signing. If Yzerman had kept Bert in hopes to re-sign him, we'd have nothing when he walked. The 4th was ours.

So basically we gave up Kubalik, Bertuzzi and Sebrango, all three players that weren't going to be here for the next 4 years(Debrincat contract) a 1st that we didn't have to begin with and wouldn't have had if we kept Bertuzzi, and a 4th.

3 players that would never be on the team again, a 1st that wasn't ours. Let's mention how often Bertuzzi is iniured too. I'm willing to bet he misses half the season in Toronto. 

So look at it this way:

Debrincat for a 4th.

PLUS we still have $9M in cap space. If Yzerman wanted, he could still make a deal for Konecny. I wouldn't mind sending Fabbri and Veleno to Philly for him. No picks needed.

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Kubalik scored 45 this year. You really wanna bet on that? He took off at worlds too...

He thought you meant goals, not points.

DCat - Larkin - Raymond
Compher - Copp - Perron

Right, that's what I'm saying. Even with DeBrincat, everything will have to go right for us if we want to make noise next season.

DCat - Larkin - Raymond
Compher - Copp - Perron

You are using scores as in points per year. I am referring to 50 as in lighting the lamp/goals/scores. Wording is like devil is in the details. 

So if you think he will get 50 goals, I am your huckleberry. 

Just now, 13dangledangle said:

How would everyone feel about signing Kane to play with Larks & Cat?  I feel like it would immediately boost our ability to have 2 good scoring lines and a very good 3rd line. 

I wonder what kind of term Kane would take.  2 years, 5 mil per would be killer.

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I wonder what kind of term Kane would take.  2 years, 5 mil per would be killer.

I agree.  I’m not usually one for signing older or aging vets but this one would make so much sense.  Also boost our PP tremendously