• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

Patrick Kane IS a Detroit Red Wing

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

All this talk about Kane "coming up to speed" why not send him to GR for a conditioning stint? No pressure coming up to NHL "speed" by X game. 

He's been training since I think August. And I dunno how much a 35 year old with 1200 NHL games played needs to be brought up to speed...

My guess is Red Wings trainers and doctors have been evaluating him more intensely now that he's a team member.

Not expected to play tomorrow, but I'm hoping we can unveil him thursday against San Jose. Hoping Kostin runs Zadina through the glass.

9 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

He's been training since I think August. And I dunno how much a 35 year old with 1200 NHL games played needs to be brought up to speed...

My guess is Red Wings trainers and doctors have been evaluating him more intensely now that he's a team member.

Not expected to play tomorrow, but I'm hoping we can unveil him thursday against San Jose. Hoping Kostin runs Zadina through the glass.

Im not against working him in against San Jose

1 hour ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Reads like a farewell tweet to me

Oh well. When Detroit finishes higher than whichever other team he chooses, and makes the playoffs, at least he'll have his memories.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

I will disagree just on the last 4 words. Could mean the work towards the playoffs doesn't stop and I want to be part of it. Could mean the work to get back to better shape to help move this Orig 6 back to glory doesn't stop. 

He won't make real decision till July 1 unless he and Stevie agree to terms that benefit both. 

19 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I will disagree just on the last 4 words. Could mean the work towards the playoffs doesn't stop and I want to be part of it. Could mean the work to get back to better shape to help move this Orig 6 back to glory doesn't stop. 

He won't make real decision till July 1 unless he and Stevie agree to terms that benefit both. 

She's gone Atlanta. And just because the divorce isnt final yet, doesnt mean there's a chance shes coming back. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you can heal and look for someone who truly loves you. She was banging a whole team of guys from Chicago for years while you were too depressed to notice. Let her go. 

Down the stretch it seemed like every game we'd get pinned in our zone and we'd be chasing the puck and scrambling and it was Kane's line on the ice every single time. The dude's a detriment at even strength and while I had a lot of fun watching him I'm happy if he's moving on. I don't expect him to play "defense" per se, but he doesn't even try to win puck battles and that can't happen in the top six.

40 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Down the stretch it seemed like every game we'd get pinned in our zone and we'd be chasing the puck and scrambling and it was Kane's line on the ice every single time. The dude's a detriment at even strength and while I had a lot of fun watching him I'm happy if he's moving on. I don't expect him to play "defense" per se, but he doesn't even try to win puck battles and that can't happen in the top six.

Yeah Yzerman is done "outscoring our problems". Subtracting Kane and Ghost is subtracting the two players who only want to play the offensive side of the puck. Its also probably about 10 million off our books. Burgers and Edvinsson taking their spots is the long term internal growth we want to push for. 

2 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Yeah Yzerman is done "outscoring our problems". Subtracting Kane and Ghost is subtracting the two players who only want to play the offensive side of the puck. Its also probably about 10 million off our books. Burgers and Edvinsson taking their spots is the long term internal growth we want to push for. 

I think what I'll miss most about Kaner is that swagger he brought, Yzerman touched on it lightly.  It was a swagger like "ya we got this" and it was so refreshing for this group who had struggled so much, especially with confidence....THAT being said despite Kane our confidence crumbled and we missed the playoffs because of that blunder so lol

I still hope he comes back but it's starting to seem like you are correct and he's as good as gone.

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

I think what I'll miss most about Kaner is that swagger he brought, Yzerman touched on it lightly.  It was a swagger like "ya we got this" and it was so refreshing for this group who had struggled so much, especially with confidence....THAT being said despite Kane our confidence crumbled and we missed the playoffs because of that blunder so lol

I still hope he comes back but it's starting to seem like you are correct and he's as good as gone.

We still have Perron. There was that interview with Newsy awhile back, sometime around our first skid, where Newsy said Perron stood up in the room and said OKAY, WERE GETTING 18 OF OUR NEXT 20 PTS, and Newsy said he was all like "David, lets keep it realistic" but then they went out and did exactly as Perron had declared they would. Thats why I want to at least keep Perron another season. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

We still have Perron. There was that interview with Newsy awhile back, sometime around our first skid, where Newsy said Perron stood up in the room and said OKAY, WERE GETTING 18 OF OUR NEXT 20 PTS, and Newsy said he was all like "David, lets keep it realistic" but then they went out and did exactly as Perron had declared they would. Thats why I want to at least keep Perron another season. 

I remember this.  I’m definitely not opposed to bringing back Perron on a hopefully cheapish hit.  He’s one of our most consistently vocal players apparently!

39 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I remember this.  I’m definitely not opposed to bringing back Perron on a hopefully cheapish hit.  He’s one of our most consistently vocal players apparently!

Yeah hes French Dan Cleary. Daviel Clearron. 

"Yeah, I mean, you know, obviously, I'm a free agent," he said. "So I'm not under contract, but I'm sure I'll just kind of explore the situation here. Talk to my agent, kind of go over everything and kind of see what makes sense to go to one one way or another.

"It's hard to say right now ... really fully understand the situation, but I guess we'll kind of see what happens. And I'm sure my agency will have those conversations and kind of go from there."

If there's a fit he'll be back. I hope they find a fit.

Edited by LeftWinger

On 4/24/2024 at 2:42 PM, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

"The work doesn't stop."

On 4/25/2024 at 3:46 PM, 13dangledangle said:

was this a double entendre?

Bultman argues that options to create more flexibility include shedding Justin Holl’s $3.4 million cap hit. The team could also try to move Ville Husso, Robby Fabbri, and Olli Maatta, all in the final year of their contracts. Once the team clears up the cap space they need, Steve Yzmerman will likely look at upgrading the forward positions, bolstering the right side of their defensive lineup, and securing an upgraded goaltending option.

-From Max on The Athletic. If he moves this much cap, Kane WILL be back.

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Bultman argues that options to create more flexibility include shedding Justin Holl’s $3.4 million cap hit. The team could also try to move Ville Husso, Robby Fabbri, and Olli Maatta, all in the final year of their contracts. Once the team clears up the cap space they need, Steve Yzmerman will likely look at upgrading the forward positions, bolstering the right side of their defensive lineup, and securing an upgraded goaltending option.

-From Max on The Athletic. If he moves this much cap, Kane WILL be back.

Definately: Holl will be gone via buyout or trade

Probably: Maata makes a lot of sense with Ed and AJo joining the team. Too many LHD and not enough RHD. 

Maybe: Fabbri is a prime aged player that has been growing with this group for a while now. Doesnt make a lot of sense to move an asset like that. But he is often injured, and if there's a clear upgrade this could happen.

Unlikely: Husso is a different situation than Ned. Ned was always an unproven project. Husso has a good track record outside of this year. The team was also allowing a ton of goals on all our goalies this year, so its hard to put all blame on him. We also have backup options in Lyon, and possibly Cossa, that werent around when Ned was starter... so the team has less of a need to desperately scramble for a new starter like we had to do with Ned. The team also included Husso in EOY media interviews... unlike Fabbri, Holl, and Maata. Something you wouldnt be inclinded to do if you planned to turn and burn the player. 

Conclusion: The money saved on Maata and Holl would definately go towards a new RHD. If predictions on guys like Roy and Pesce are correct they will command 5.5 - 6.5 mil. If Holl is a buyout there wont be any extra funds after this. So it may require moving Fabbri to keep Kane. IMO Husso doesnt move, but we may see another Reimeresque 3rdstring added to the mix.

6 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Definately: Holl will be gone via buyout or trade

Probably: Maata makes a lot of sense with Ed and AJo joining the team. Too many LHD and not enough RHD. 

Maybe: Fabbri is a prime aged player that has been growing with this group for a while now. Doesnt make a lot of sense to move an asset like that. But he is often injured, and if there's a clear upgrade this could happen.

Unlikely: Husso is a different situation than Ned. Ned was always an unproven project. Husso has a good track record outside of this year. The team was also allowing a ton of goals on all our goalies this year, so its hard to put all blame on him. We also have backup options in Lyon, and possibly Cossa, that werent around when Ned was starter... so the team has less of a need to desperately scramble for a new starter like we had to do with Ned. The team also included Husso in EOY media interviews... unlike Fabbri, Holl, and Maata. Something you wouldnt be inclinded to do if you planned to turn and burn the player. 

Conclusion: The money saved on Maata and Holl would definately go towards a new RHD. If predictions on guys like Roy and Pesce are correct they will command 5.5 - 6.5 mil. If Holl is a buyout there wont be any extra funds after this. So it may require moving Fabbri to keep Kane. IMO Husso doesnt move, but we may see another Reimeresque 3rdstring added to the mix.

Husso won't go because he's un-tradeable.  I'm sure they'd love to move on and upgrade but that will be hard given his terrible play and cap hit. 

15 hours ago, Jimmybigrigs69 said:

Unlike our defense? Youre gonna replace our already bad defense with rookies? 

IF our older bad defense cant be taught a new trick by now i.e. clear the zone. 

I would prefer to have younger guys learn as they have more runway to correct said mistakes. 

25 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

IF our older bad defense cant be taught a new trick by now i.e. clear the zone. 

I would prefer to have younger guys learn as they have more runway to correct said mistakes. 

Do we want get younger or do we want to get older? Which is it?

Rebuilding teams dont add 35 year old vets with term. Furthermore, managers with any sort of sense or plan in mind, dont add big time forwards then turn around and gut their defense. 

We dont have a single D prospect ready to eat Chiarot minutes, and possibly not even Petry minutes. 

But yes lets trade all our defensive Dmen in favor of rookies whove never played a single NHL game, or a whopping whole 25 in the case of Edvinsson, in order to sign 35 year old former superstar. 

I like that plan. High event hockey is fun. Allowing 4 or 5 goals a game? Shid, just send Patty Kane out there to pot a few more. Yzerman wont like it, but then he hasnt played hockey in what like 300 years?